Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1500717 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #4005 on: July 02, 2012, 02:47:09 pm »

Dear Kobolds
Please, just stay away, we're tired of chasing you off our lawn every day.  Next time we might just make it a !!Lawn!!  ;)

Never.

Love, your favorite thief.
Dear Corai,

Please note the watchtowers every twenty urists or so around the outer wall. Please also note the marksdwarves stationed inside said towers. Please also notice the rotting kobold skeletons around said towers. Please note, in addition, that we have nothing of value stockpiled anywhere near the surface. In conclusion, please also note that the bolt sticking out of your leg that this letter is attached to is not even worth stealing.

Sincerely, the digbeard wielding a crossbow.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: July 02, 2012, 06:35:01 pm »

Dear Elven caravan.

You are selling us wooden logs, items in wooden bins, etc.

Do not flip a shit when I offer to sell you something in a wooden bin.

Hypocrites.

Signed: The overseer who just blocked the entrance to the trade depot. Have fun starving.
I need to put something interesting here.

Monk321654

• Bay Watcher
  • [COMPUTER_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: July 02, 2012, 08:53:18 pm »

Dear Elven caravan.

Hypocrites.

Signed: The overseer who just blocked the entrance to the trade depot. Have fun starving.
'Dear' Overseer of this fortress,
It appears to use that these wooden goods have been obtained through the murder of our beloved trees. If you need wooden goods, you ask the trees kindly, don't reasonlylessly attack them. Consider growth of heart. Among other things...

Sincerely, Elven Traders.
This is a side-effect of dwarven animal training (hit animal with hammer until it forgets that it hates you, then lovingly cuddle it).

I'm not your average Bay12er. I care about my drunken midgets.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: July 02, 2012, 09:59:55 pm »

Dear Elven caravan.

Hypocrites.

It appears to use that these wooden goods have been obtained through the murder of our beloved trees. If you need wooden goods, you ask the trees kindly, don't reasonlylessly attack them. Consider growth of heart. Among other things...

Dear Insane Bat-Ears

This is, in fact, one of the bins that YOU SOLD US LAST YEAR. Kindly Consider Logic of brain and pitchfork up ass
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: July 02, 2012, 10:36:38 pm »

Dear Elven caravan.

Hypocrites.

Dear Insane Bat-Ears

This is, in fact, one of the bins that YOU SOLD US LAST YEAR. Kindly Consider Logic of brain and pitchfork up ass
Can you prove it? Do you have a god-damned receipt? I thought not.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: July 02, 2012, 10:44:29 pm »

Dear Elven caravan.

Hypocrites.

Dear Insane Bat-Ears

Dear Fertilizer,

If you can't be arsed to tell the difference between your own craftsmanship and a foreign one, what the hell are you doing trading? Obviously you have absolutely no skill for appraising things. Say, are you as flamable as your beloved trees? We have ways of finding out.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: July 02, 2012, 10:48:17 pm »

Dear Snugbo,

Where are your goblin friends? After the sudden death retirement of your ambush parties you seem reluctant to donate metal to Silentthunders. What's the wait?

Yours faithfully,
~Overseer.

We're still at the party I started back on page 251. Want to join? Bring your own refreshments, we're almost out. (You might want to bring some elves, too, so the dragons don't mistake YOU for refreshments.)
Sincerely,
Snugbo, newly appointed Head of Parties.

Dear Elven caravan.

Hypocrites.

Dear Insane Bat-Ears

Dear elves,
You wouldn't give us one because of how many trees are killed to make paper.
Sincerely,
Dwarf McAccountant.
P.S. You could always try the eco-friendly "Stone Slabs" receipts we dwarves have.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: July 02, 2012, 11:29:51 pm »

Dear Snugbo,

Where are your goblin friends? After the sudden death retirement of your ambush parties you seem reluctant to donate metal to Silentthunders. What's the wait?

Yours faithfully,
~Overseer.

Woah what? I would request you donate that fort to me. For obvious reasons.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: July 03, 2012, 12:25:36 am »

Dear Hanslanda the human soldier

You have a sword for a reason. While I understand Girlinhat made a nice cedar shield, that's no excuse to dawdle beating the thing with it.

Do your damn job right, and for god's sake, spit that damn leg out! Ellzo is a 104 year old woman, who happens to murder things for a living, but even she thinks walking around with a grasshopper man's leg in your mouth is wrong.

Sighned, The overseer.

Dear Overseer,
Mmmphhm mmmph. Hmmph hmm hmm hmph.
Signed, Hanslanda
P.S. I like the shield more. The spatter of brain matter on the sworls of the wood is pleasing to me.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: July 03, 2012, 12:33:44 am »

Dear Hanslanda the dwarven child,

Thank you for letting that rhino chase you while the important dwarves escaped underground. Hopefully the soldiers reach you in time.

Love, your kobold overseer.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Syuviel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: July 03, 2012, 11:47:55 am »

Dear Elves,

I've noticed that you have ceased bringing me tameable creatures of any use, and instead have begun bringing me giant cockroaches. this has been going on for three years now, and you're holding up the growth of my military might. You have two years to bring me a breeding pair of animals that can be drafted into my military, before i begin using you to test the danger room I'm constructing.

Love, the impatient management of Merchantsacks.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4016 on: July 03, 2012, 02:13:47 pm »

Woah what? I would request you donate that fort to me. For obvious reasons.
It's undergoing a quasi-secret not so well kept megaproject, which is why for now, no save shall be released sadly.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: July 03, 2012, 02:20:42 pm »

Dear Forces of stranglers,

You have been attacking my fort  for quite some time now. As you might have seen, the entrance to my Fort is defended by three really grim looking golems, which you cant kill by punching them, they will punch back, and that hurts.
You may have also noticed that there are no remains of your previous attacks. What can i say, my dwarfs picked up a certain liking for your flesh and your inards, and the merchants like the crafts made from your bones. Not to speak of your blood, which gets sacrificed to Armok, who gives me nice things for it.
So, by all means, continue.

Firehawk, Ruler of the Masterwork Fortress "Townswound"

Dear Goblins,

Where are you? I havent seen you for quite some time now.... In fact, not at all in this fortress. And i thought you enjoyed our partys?

Syuviel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: July 05, 2012, 10:54:58 am »

Dear Baron Mcfraidydorf,

I realize that giant, scaled, firebreathing, goat deities are scary, however this one is a diplomat from the human civilization, and I'd like not to piss off the hoomans until i have a good set of war animals.

Dear Hooman civilization,

Why? why everything. Why did your caravan come with nothing but cheese, anvils, sand, and clay? Why did you bring a terrifying goatgod with you? Why did you insist on taking your wagons the long way around to get inside?

~The perpetually irritated voice in the sky.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: July 05, 2012, 12:07:00 pm »

Dear Hooman civilization,

Why? why everything. Why did your caravan come with nothing but cheese, anvils, sand, and clay? Why did you bring a terrifying goatgod with you? Why did you insist on taking your wagons the long way around to get inside?

~The perpetually irritated voice in the sky.
Dear Irritated voice,
Why not?
Humans
 Also, it isnt a god, its a demon who tricked the humans into thinking it was a god. They're stupid, you're not, know the difference.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 266 267 [268] 269 270 ... 504