Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 125992 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The Mercenaries - Not on Hiatus
« Reply #1110 on: January 06, 2011, 08:34:27 pm »

I suspect that Aryana is a sorcerer, which would mean that she doesn't have a spellbook, and therefore it would be less like using a photocopier and more like forging a painting by hand. Of course, as far as the prestige class is concerned you just need to have a summon spell, it doesn't specify that it needs to do more than summon the top half of a celestial toad...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 06, 2011, 09:56:04 pm »

Eafoth's new character sheet is up. One question though about a particular spell. (Just learned it.)

Celestial Brilliance(BoED p94)
<Evoc[good][light], VS, 1StdAct, Touch, 1day/lvl(D)>
– The touched object gives off very bright light
in a 60’ radius & dim light for another 60’.

a) Creatures with Light Sensitivity take 2x
their normal penalty;

b) Undead within the 60’ radius take 1d6
damage per round;

c) Undead & Evil Outsiders that take damage
from sunlight take 2d6 damage per round
that they are within 60’ of the target object

This spell is Suppressed and suppresses any
magical darkness within its area of effect.
This spell Counters and Dispels spells with the
[darkness] category of equal or lower level.

The radius of this spell will actually double, due to my Radiance ability from the prestige class Radiant Servant of Pelor.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 06, 2011, 10:46:50 pm »

Man, I've been so out of it. I'm totally prepared for next session and I think I've leveled up.

So, anyway. Unless I've been turned into a vampire in the interim period, or something else has affected my alignment. I'd like to take a specific exalted feat. Touch of Golden Ice

It would be cool to get some backstory once we start tomorrow.

EDIT: I rolled a 6 for HP
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 11:02:46 pm by Robocorn »

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: January 06, 2011, 10:50:01 pm »

What one summon spell is that? I think I missed something there.

Also, what was the standard journal XP?
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: January 06, 2011, 11:12:02 pm »

Man, I've been so out of it. I'm totally prepared for next session and I think I've leveled up.

So, anyway. Unless I've been turned into a vampire in the interim period, or something else has affected my alignment. I'd like to take a specific exalted feat. Touch of Golden Ice

It would be cool to get some backstory once we start tomorrow.
It's okay, you made it out alive while heroically carrying the corpse of an imploded princess. Oh, and a dead city is trying to eat us while tens of thousands of skeletons claw furiously through the topsoil. I've a feeling that my Greater Extra Turning from RSP is going to be necessary here.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: January 06, 2011, 11:21:11 pm »

That sounds so awesome I'm glad that I'm going to be able to show up. If there's one thing monks are good at it's not dying. Unless you try to tank with one I guess, but otherwise invincible.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: January 06, 2011, 11:45:42 pm »

Well, it turns out that the event I need to go to starts at 5 and runs for around two and a half hours. I might make the end of the session, but don't hold me to it.

That sounds so awesome I'm glad that I'm going to be able to show up. If there's one thing monks are good at it's not dying. Unless you try to tank with one I guess, but otherwise invincible.
Yeah, not dying would be great. I think we slightly ruined Marandar's ritual, so that's probably why everything is dead instead of alive. Do you want to run my character until I get there? If I get there, that is. I can PM you some handy links plus some good tactics. We tried to run Cerrad without knowing how, and it went terribly. Death terribly.

PS: Eafoth immediately re-robed after the fight.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 07, 2011, 12:38:43 am »

A cleric I could probably do.  I can understand the whole prepare spells, heal, turn undead, angle. A list of good tactics would probably be best though. I wouldn't want to mess up one of your mirror self spells or something.

Swordsages are a little trickier for me so I might understand screwing up Cerrad,

I'm a bit upset that I don't know what Eafoth is still (I was guessing Eletum)

Wait, when's this session start anyway? I should be back to my dorm by around 2 at the latest but I thought we had them a lot later than 5 usually.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 07, 2011, 12:46:33 am »

What's an Eletum?

Here's what you missed. Everyone had to look away because Eafoth was glowing too brightly to look directly at. The vampire yelled at Eafoth because 'its kind' was always hurting vampires and such. That might be because Eafoth worships a sun god, though.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: January 07, 2011, 03:16:00 am »

Eafoth's new character sheet is up. One question though about a particular spell. (Just learned it.)
It reminds me though, that I have completely, and repeatedly, forgotten my light sensitivity, I apologise and will do it again.
Which also reminds me, I will need to look up be lazy and ask everyone else what happens to my orcish traits when I am in bear form, but seeing as I keep my physical ability scores I, hmmm, it is a tricky one really...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 07, 2011, 07:27:27 am »

Celestial Brilliance(BoED p94)
<Evoc[good][light], VS, 1StdAct, Touch, 1day/lvl(D)>
– The touched object gives off very bright light
in a 60’ radius & dim light for another 60’.

a) Creatures with Light Sensitivity take 2x
their normal penalty;

b) Undead within the 60’ radius take 1d6
damage per round;

c) Undead & Evil Outsiders that take damage
from sunlight take 2d6 damage per round
that they are within 60’ of the target object

This spell is Suppressed and suppresses any
magical darkness within its area of effect.
This spell Counters and Dispels spells with the
[darkness] category of equal or lower level.

The radius of this spell will actually double, due to my Radiance ability from the prestige class Radiant Servant of Pelor.
I banned that book a long time ago.

Session should be tonight at 9, but may be later.

EDIT: Standard Journal XP is 100xLevel.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 07:36:53 am by Lord Shonus »
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 07, 2011, 09:05:36 am »

Yes, you banned the book. I was wonder if I could steal one particular spell out of it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 07, 2011, 09:18:50 am »

No, you may not.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 07, 2011, 11:48:28 am »

Cerrad's tactics are quite basic: sneak attack everything. Failing that, you have two options: standard attacks (full attack, with boots of speed, is still 5 attacks, so it's not bad; also, I have a maneuver that allows one attack with each dagger as a standard action, but I don't use it much =P), or call a friend and wait for a flank. The Swift Leap maneuver allows me to move my full jump distance as a swift action (remember that the bonus to speed from Haste adds +12), so I can move roughly 20 feet reliably, or 25 on a high roll, and still full attack.

I've also got several potions (mostly for use outside of combat, since I don't have any free hands), a Ring of Blinking (deactivated and reactivated as a free action, if I understand correctly), and the Darkstalker feat allows me to force enemies that rely on Tremorsense to play fair and roll a goddamn spot check or listen check, whichever has a higher DC (based on my hide/move silently check, respectively). Also, I have a maneuver (oh my GOD why is that word hard to spell I keep having to look it up) that allows me to teleport myself up to 50 feet as a standard action; limited use in combat, but it's a decent substitute for out-of-combat jump checks...

The maneuvers are easy enough to understand, they're like wizard spells. I have a list of maneuvers that I know, and I can prepare 4 at a time. They are automatically reset at the start of every encounter, and can be switched around (like a wizard re-preparing his spells) with 5 minutes of meditation. To find my maneuvers on my sheet, go find the "display powers/spells" checkbox under the skills, and click it.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 160