Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 125974 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The Mercenaries - Not on Hiatus
« Reply #1080 on: January 03, 2011, 10:29:39 pm »

They could chase him, but have absolutely no capability to kill him.
They have the fact that they exude sunlight, which would kill him in two rounds. You can't possibly argue that the gas can get into the ground and the photons can't.

Hmmm, now would be a really good time for Aryana to become sentient again, it looks as though I will be adventuring with nothing but the DMPC...
When did OrangeBottle say they could come back, again?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: January 04, 2011, 02:13:07 am »

If they were composed of photons then it hardly seems likely that they would remain cohesive. So whatever causes them to remain cohesive presumably has the capacity to force them to maintain their form even if it would prevent passage. Which spell is it exactly and why do they qualify as sunlight? How quickly do they travel?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: January 04, 2011, 08:19:54 am »

They. Can. Not. Kill. Him. Only sulight from the sun directly or staking will do here, due to the influence of a Power.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: January 04, 2011, 09:12:36 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yes, yes, I know. Arguing with the DM is stupid, they hold all the cards. However, I'm not someone who likes to be cheated. Especially when I'm cheated out of something this important.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: January 04, 2011, 09:25:12 am »

The spell doesnt extends to your mirror image.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: January 04, 2011, 11:59:19 am »

In any case only DIRECT sunlight affects vampires.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: January 04, 2011, 01:34:52 pm »

But what about all those movies where dracula is killed by hero turning a mirror at him reflecting the sunlight, killing him?
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: January 04, 2011, 01:43:28 pm »

I've asked on the official Wizards boards. Mirror Image cannot be used to chase down enemies in the fashion barb is trying to do, and the word "sunlight" is nothing more than flavor text. It has absolutely zero gameplay effect.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: January 04, 2011, 01:51:37 pm »

Shonus, can I take the Elemental Savant class posted by reese on pg.65 for level eleven?

If so that did not list skills, this one does, which would I use?

Also, on a unrelated topic BOTH times I died it was from a AoE death effect... so what happened to my weasel?  Dead I assume.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: January 04, 2011, 01:56:50 pm »

That looks OK to me, but I'm going ot wait to OK it until RAM looks over it. I believe familiars die with the wizard.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: January 04, 2011, 02:12:25 pm »

They seem to be the same class, just the first one has some info missing.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: January 04, 2011, 02:43:42 pm »

I remember reading or hearing something about the magical bond that makes a familiar breaking when the master dies- not sure if the familiar would revert to a regular animal when that happens, though.

Interesting, the d20srd site says that the master gains the familiar benefits if the familiar is within one mile of its master, I always thought the familiar had to be close by the master.  Nothing I could see about what happens if the master dies, though.
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: January 04, 2011, 03:27:07 pm »

Barb: Here's a complete rules ruling on what you wanted to do.

1. Mirror Image creates figments. Figments are not valid targets for Nimbus of Light.
   2. Mirror Image does not include any description allowing you to command the figments as to their actions or location relative to you; instead, they mimic your actions, and stay near you and within 5' of you or each other. Spells do only what they're specified to do. So the Cleric can neither add capabilities not included, nor override built-in limits (such as "The figments stay near you").
   3. Mirror Image will duplicate the appearance of magical effects, including Nimbus of Light on the Mirror Image spellcaster, but not anything other than sensory effects. Each figment will appear as bright as a lantern, but this illumination can cause no harm because such capability is not provided for in the Mirror Image description.
   4. Only actual sunlight, or an effect specified as having the same properties, will harm vampires. Some sunlight-type spells even include a reminder to that effect.

Quote from: Daylight
      Despite its name, this spell is not the equivalent of daylight for the purposes of creatures that are damaged or destroyed by bright light.
   5. The only way that Nimbus of Light can cause harm is with the specified ranged touch attack. Your Cleric's plan didn't specify use of this attack, so no damage is possible.

You weren't being cheated. You were cheating.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 03:28:50 pm by Lord Shonus »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: January 04, 2011, 06:57:27 pm »

I died during a session I wasn't present for? Ouch. Well, at least I got a level up from the fight, so I don't have to go back to level 11, just the midpoint of level 12...

Which is still ~100 exp ahead of where I was at the start of the session. Whee.

P.S., the living among you may feel free to use Cerrad's money to pay for the diamonds for his resurrection.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 160