Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Game over!  (Read 41727 times)

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Day 1 brings mystery
« Reply #180 on: June 25, 2010, 09:04:56 am »

Unvote.
That was just to break the tie.
That being said, we're barely in the game and Org already has three votes. I'm rarely opposed to lynching Org, but three votes that quickly is suspicious.  I'd say especially so for ToonyMan as the third vote.
then
Eh?  Org can die for all I care, it would be more useful than he generally is.  But pulling three votes that quickly makes me think that at least one scum is trying to get in an easy lynch.  Same the other way when the votes turned to Leafsnail.
I also got scum feel from reply #100, but I don't know where that came from.

JanusTwoface

Org is just plain Org.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 25, 2010, 09:20:00 am »

First order of business: Toaster!
You are totally scum! Because after I called you on your wimpy playstyle, you instantly changed it to- well, blow me down, if it isn't a near-perfect replica of my own! (except for the fallacious arguments and general idiocy)
Now, you might call me some sort of twisted hypocrite for ragging on someone for doing what I tell them to- and you can, but its not going to stop me.
You see, you didn't acknowledge that I am right. You just went from wimp to warrior without a word- in the hope, maybe, that I would give up my attack on you on the basis that, hmm, maybe I read him wrong? Yeah, no. Whilst I love the new you, it is in such stark contrast to the old you that it becomes even more obvious that you are trying to blend in with the crowd. Which is something that two kinds of players do: new/stupid town and bad scum. You extract yourself from the first category by not being new or stupid, leaving you squarely in the second. Scum.

Allow me to illustrate my point further:
Spoiler: Illustraty (click to show/hide)

In conclusion:
Toaster is quite probably scum, as evidenced by both his passive behaviour earlier and his sudden switch of behaviour. I believe that I have made my case in a faultless manner; however, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

Second order of business: Ottofar!

1)Great that you can summarise the game so far. But I think we wanted either A) A Defence or B) Some Scumhunting. No one was looking for C) Opinion-less Reporting of Facts

2)WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU VOTING LEAFSNAIL. You mention him twice in your 'wall of text'. Neither event is incriminating in the slightest! You realise, I hope, that this looks very much like you are voting for some random townie, just so that you don't get lynched yourself. Which, by the way, is so scummy it hurts not only me, but also everyone who even glances at it on my screen as they pass by. Yes. The scuminess is obvious even to people who have never even heard of mafia.

3)And I'd like for you to tell me what you think! And defend yourself from the vast, vast array of attacks arrayed against you. I would like to know, for example, why you thought ToonyMan was scum a while back, and not simply a nice bandwagon opportunity. 
Pretty much everything he [ToonyMan] has said has been scummy, and already quoted by someone. Besides, it is a bit hard to quote with a phone.
You are not still posting on a phone, I trust? Perhaps you would be so good as to explain yourself, then?

4)
I'd like to know, was this in any way better?
Well, I appreciate that you tried.
Just keep on trying. A proper defence would just make my day.

I am still totally voting for you, by the way.

Third and final order of business: Miscellaneous.

Let me sum up the arguments against me.
LOL U NO ANSWER RANDOM QUESTION FIRST TIME
Ok, done.
I would be simply chuffed if someone could point out why this guy should be lynched, because to be honest, that quote right there appears to be accurate.

Org: I said it before, I will say it again: Bah. I do not approve of your posting style, but as it stands, there are bigger fish to fry.

Prepost edit:
Unvote.
That being said, we're barely in the game and Org already has three votes. I'm rarely opposed to lynching Org, but three votes that quickly is suspicious.  I'd say especially so for ToonyMan as the third vote.
then
Eh?  Org can die for all I care, it would be more useful than he generally is.  But pulling three votes that quickly makes me think that at least one scum is trying to get in an easy lynch.  Same the other way when the votes turned to Leafsnail.
I also got scum feel from reply #100, but I don't know where that came from.

JanusTwoface
Huh? What are you even trying to say here? That Janus is ok with lynching org? Why is that voteworthy?
Long Live United Forenia!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 25, 2010, 09:21:46 am »

Why include me in there with no quotes?

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 25, 2010, 09:32:48 am »

The Org thing, and the calling it joke thingie. There was the bit longer post, which wasn't that scummy.
About Toony.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 25, 2010, 09:47:18 am »

The Org thing, and the calling it joke thingie. There was the bit longer post, which wasn't that scummy.
About Toony.
Are you trying to annoy me? If so, success. I am now annoyed with you.
Those are things that happened. Why do you think they mean Toony is scum; that is what I want to know.
Long Live United Forenia!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 25, 2010, 10:13:11 am »

About Toony.
CONFUSING POST IS CONFUSING.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #186 on: June 25, 2010, 10:57:07 am »

No, you don't need a prod on me. I finally got back.

Going through the player list:
... list ...

I'll post more but I'm almost literally being dragged off the computer.

Order the top few by scummitude.  It's rather difficult to pull that out without being in your head.

Janus:  You've spent most of your time tirading against lurkers.  I hate lurkers too, but you still have to find scum after getting everyone to post.  You're voting Otto, and indicate you want to lynch Org for being Org.  That's a start, but who else?  They're easy.

The problem is that more than half the players in the game I would consider lurkers.  It's stastically likely that at least one scum is a lurker and if we ignore them they get away.  If I push them hard enough to post, they're not lurking anymore.

Also, look at your post.  Everyone except me on it is on my list of lurkers...

... overview ...

Unvote.

Vote: Leafsnail

I'd like to vote Janus,or Org, but that'd result in a tie.

I didn't call for an extend, because I didn't notice that toaster had extended, and I thought it would be useless.

I'd like to know how Org knows there is cult.
I'd like to know where the hell is Criptfeind.

I'd like to know, was this in any way better?

Overviews are all well and good for thinking, but you really need to pull out who you specifically think are scum.  Otherwise you're just showing what happened and we can all see that by going back over the thread.

So why'd you vote Leafsnail?  Specifically.

And why would you vote me or Org?

I doubt you'll get more information from Org and the cult and at this point, we should stop asking.  Actually I stopped asking a while ago.  If he does know for sure (which seems to be the case), than saying anymore will give away more than he wants to.

Criptfeind missing has already been brought up several times.

It was better, but needs a bit more.

And Janus, the vote was tied. As I remember, only scum want no lynches.
You can't have another lynch. And I post. I just don't always post alot of content. Slight difference.

It wasn't when you voted to Extend.  Thus it wasn't a no lynch.  I know I can't have another lynch and I still don't think you're scummy to lynch, thus I'm not voting you.  To be nice and bold about it: it wasn't a no lynch.

The part about not posting a lot of content is exactly why I don't like your playstyle.  Even when you're town, it doesn't help us, it helps the scum.

Unvote.

... quotes me about Org ...

JanusTwoface

We don't need to worry about ties until the end of the day, unless you're going to wander off again.  And I've already explained my view on Org but here it is again:  I don't like his playstyle and he's difficult to read towards endgame.  Thus if there's no-one scummy enough, it's good to lynch him Day 1.  I think there are scummier people, thus I'm not voting him.

Is that so hard to understand?  And is that really the only reason you're voting me?

Why include me in there with no quotes?

Because there's nothing useful to quote.  That's the point.

About Toony.
CONFUSING POST IS CONFUSING.

Coming from you, that's almost high praise.

Mephansteras:

I'd like to revise my previous list, I left off Solifuge somehow and RedWarrior0 has posted.  So I would appreciate prods on Jokerman-EXE, Lonewolf I, Criptfeind, and Solifuge.

Also, could we get an official vote count if you don't mind?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 25, 2010, 10:58:56 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
JanusTwoFace: Criptfeind
Leafsnail: Org, RedWarrior0, ToonyMan
Ottofar: JanusTwoFace, NUKE9.13, Toaster
RedWarrior0: Mr.Person
Solifuge: Lonewolf I
ToonyMan: Leafsnail, Ottofar

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today

1 vote for an Extension. 3 votes required to extend the day by 24 hours
REALLY, IDIOT?
IS THIS WHAT A LYCNH LOOKS LIKE? A TIED VOTE?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 25, 2010, 11:01:20 am »

NO ONE VOTED BETWEEN THEN AND THE EXTEND. I ASSUME MEPH WOULD HAVE ENDED IF WE HAD NOT EXTENDED.

UNLESS YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS A DOUBLE VOTE, SCUM.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 25, 2010, 11:01:52 am »

No, you don't need a prod on me. I finally got back.

Going through the player list:
... list ...

I'll post more but I'm almost literally being dragged off the computer.

Order the top few by scummitude.  It's rather difficult to pull that out without being in your head.
Yeah, I'll finish the list of what's been done by each person and then give my summary. As I said, it was incomplete.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #190 on: June 25, 2010, 11:07:48 am »

NO ONE VOTED BETWEEN THEN AND THE EXTEND. I ASSUME MEPH WOULD HAVE ENDED IF WE HAD NOT EXTENDED.

UNLESS YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO HAS A DOUBLE VOTE, SCUM.

If you're going to yell at me, be correctly please.

First the vote count, you are correct it is a tie at this point:

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
JanusTwoFace: Criptfeind
Leafsnail: Org, RedWarrior0, ToonyMan
Ottofar: JanusTwoFace, NUKE9.13, Toaster
ToonyMan: Leafsnail, Ottofar

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today

1 vote for an Extension. 3 votes required to extend the day by 24 hours

Then ToonyMan moves his vote to Ottofar to break the tie before the scheduled end of the day.  (As I've said several times)

Gah, I freakin hate this stupid situation right now.  There isnt jesters in this game Im pretty certain.  Ottofar, fine screw you, stop joining games you breaker.

Then you extend an hour and a half later.

EXTEND
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 25, 2010, 11:33:46 am »

Unvote.  This looks an awful lot like I'm being quick"hammered" by scum.  Whatever, Ottofar and ToonyMan have made themselves pretty obvious, so if me being lynched is the price of that I don't particularly mind.

Let me sum up the arguments against me.

LOL U NO ANSWER RANDOM QUESTION FIRST TIME
Ok, done.

Janus provided a good explanation for his actions in the dreamwalker and sage roles (I interpreted them differently - Dreamwalker as some kind of random investigator, Seer as a late tracker of some sort) while ToonyMan and Ottofar have not.  In fact, ToonyMan breaks the tie to Ottofar then randomly switches to me for no reason at all.

And ToonyMan, you don't have to ask a question directly to be rolefishing.  You can discuss something and list it in a way that could make Org reveal his role, though.

Ottofar's "Wall of Text" doesn't even back up his vote.  Seriously.

I'd be down for a lynch on Ottofar or ToonyMan.  I'm willing to take RedWarrior0 and Janus as town for now.
There was no quickhammer, if anything that was me saving the day by asking for an extension and with that (almost) not going through me switching my vote to Ottofar which would be completely idiotic to do if he was my scum partner.

It's not that you didn't answer the question the first time it's that when you did answer it, let me get that for us,
Where am I rolefishing??
"Hey, Org, how do you know there's a cult??  Are you a monster hunter we need to convert tonight??"
You reply with a fucking quote you created that has no analyze or a direct quote to reply from or ANYTHING, you answered the question by making some shit up.  I have not rolefished and you know it, because you're scumtrash.

OK, now riddle me this,
1.  Org never responded to my list and
2.  If Org were to, how would he?  You can't say he would do something with no reason or else this game turns into a big no reason game that doesn't get anything done right (like you)

Yeah I'm pretty cool with lynching someone who makes up blatant lies.
Who?
Leafsnail.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 25, 2010, 11:36:12 am »

Oh, and that me switching my vote back to you was because the day had been saved by Org and I didn't need to kill Ottofar anymore, because you're way bigger scum than he is anyway.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 25, 2010, 11:37:02 am »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
JanusTwoFace: Criptfeind, Org, Ottofar
Leafsnail: RedWarrior0, ToonyMan
Ottofar: JanusTwoFace, Leafsnail, NUKE9.13, Toaster

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today.

Official Prods will be sent to those who need them
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 25, 2010, 12:04:34 pm »

WHATEVER. OTTOFAR IS PROBABLY NOT SCUM.
SHUSH.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 29