Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Game over!  (Read 41749 times)

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Day 1 brings mystery
« Reply #120 on: June 22, 2010, 07:32:21 pm »

Solifuge - You have funny posts that lack any relevance to the game at hand.  You're activelurking and buddying.  What gives?

I find it interesting that you claim I'm active-lurking, Lonewolf I, when your only other post has been one line to put a vote on Toonyman, for his Random Vote on Org.

Both of us are using reaction tests, and you're failing at them. Good jorb on both your hypocrisy, and on making a beeline for the safest and most blatant "scumtells," while only parroting the suspicions given by other players!

My one post is all I had time for in the past two days.
Monday's good.  I start my summer job then, though, so I won't be posting until evening.
My evening got tied up yesterday, so I only had time for one post before I went to bed.  This evening is free, so I am now able to get fully into the game.  Bring it.

If we didn't go after the blatant scumtells, scum would be able to do pretty much whatever they wanted.  Anyway, who says it's a reaction test?  I think you're buddying and trying to disguise it as humor.  And parroting?  Seriously?  My opinions are my own, and I'd like to see what laughable twisting of my words can 'prove' otherwise.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 22, 2010, 07:33:27 pm »

Think about it. It was a random vote. And RVS is over now, yet RedWarrior chose to keep his vote on Leafsnail. So obviously it's now no longer a random vote. But wait, if it wasn't a random vote, TOWN REDWARRIOR WOULD OF UNVOTED!
Really? I'm a lazy ass who can't be bothered to write a fence of text, much less a wall. I sense some sarcasm, however...
@Nuke, Redwarrior: What's scummy about deflection? You're both like "Deflection, that's scummy", but neither of you gave a reason deflection is scummy.
Deflection is dodging a question by pointing to someone else. You can probably figure it out at this point.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 22, 2010, 08:11:44 pm »

And he gives up on the attack. Don't mess with the Tooninator.

Get a room, you two.

So Soli, how goes acting scummy to see who jumps on you?

Otto: Are you going to be pretending to play in this game too?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #123 on: June 22, 2010, 08:23:43 pm »

Ok, what the fuck.  This has exploded out into completely baseless and apparently serious accusations being thrown everywhere.

It's like RVS only much more intense and awesome!

Janus isn't much better, pressing Org to see if he has role related info. Not good form.

I'm pressing only if the Sage gets an info-blob at the beginning of the game.  That's it.  Either there's not a Sage, the Sage is different than I expect, the Sage doesn't trust me, or Org is the Sage and there's a cult around.  Anyways, I doubt we'll get more information from that route today.

Org is not stupid. In fact, he played quite well last Paranormal. Though everyone claimed it was their suggestion, trawling Scum-chat revealed that it WAS in fact his idea to steal your body. The others were trying to convince him of other things. He DOES however rely on audacity for self-preservation.

I called both Org and Leafsnail in my night actions but was a night off in both cases.  The point being though is that Org isn't helpful during scumhunting in any meaningful way, although he can be useful when given a useful role.

The same thing we do every RVS, Nukey... try to bait unknowing scum!

Are you still in RVS?  Seem to me that's been over for awhile.

Org.  You've had 14 posts:
Spoiler: Org's post (click to show/hide)

That's a good number of posts, but basically no useful content (except the Cult thing, which I'm assuming to be true for now).  Be more useful.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 22, 2010, 10:24:11 pm »

Deflection is dodging a question by pointing to someone else. You can probably figure it out at this point.

Bullshit, I didn't dodge the question. I answered Janus's accusation to his satisfaction. So now I've got a new question for you. What is "deflection" and how is it scummy? It seems you don't know and are just spouting off crap to try and make me look scummy. A townie would of done things the opposite direction, looking at the evidence and then deciding if I was scummy.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2010, 03:00:32 am »

Aww, he remembered! :3

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 23, 2010, 10:48:35 am »

Heh, that isn't a valid strategy at all.  INfact I hate that strategy because it's a freakin scum tactic that doesn't help town.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2010, 01:41:42 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
JanusTwoFace: Criptfeind, ToonyMan
Leafsnail: Org, RedWarrior0
Org: NUKE9.13
Ottofar: Toaster
RedWarrior0: Mr.Person
Solifuge: Lonewolf I
ToonyMan: Leafsnail, Ottofar

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2010, 03:04:26 pm »

Org, why did you accuse Leafsnail of bandwagonning when he was the first vote on you?

Org, you never answered me.

This has exploded out into completely baseless and apparently serious accusations being thrown everywhere.

Leafsnail: Would you prefer another rehash of the same questions over and over?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2010, 03:05:08 pm »

Oh right:

Ottofar: Who do you suspect besides ToonyMan?  Why?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2010, 03:05:23 pm »

He knows its an easy lynch so he can start one easily without trying and he did so I did that

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2010, 05:19:08 pm »

So in other words, you're accusing him of random voting you and trying to get a whole bunch of other people to join in on his random vote and actually lynch you?

That's retarded even by your standards, Org. Congratulations, you're scum!
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #132 on: June 23, 2010, 05:57:26 pm »

Aww, he remembered! :3

Does that strategy actually help?  For every scum you find attacking for you looking scummy, multiple townies will as well (for good reason).  Can you find a game where it actually worked?

Leafsnail: Would you prefer another rehash of the same questions over and over?

Appearantly he'd rather discuess other games...

He knows its an easy lynch so he can start one easily without trying and he did so I did that

Did you ever think that perhaps there's a reason that you'd be considered an easy lynch?  Not actually helping during the day perhaps?

That's retarded even by your standards, Org. Congratulations, you're scum!

And if you think he's scum, why haven't you voted for him?

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
JanusTwoFace: Criptfeind, ToonyMan
Leafsnail: Org, RedWarrior0
ToonyMan: Leafsnail, Ottofar

So we currently have a three way tie for the lynch.  The troubling part is that all of those voting for these three are either potential lynchees or the players that I pointed out as difficult to get to actually give a reason for their votes.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 23, 2010, 06:03:30 pm »

Quick note, since it wasn't stated in the rules until recently.

In the event of a tie, no lynch will occur
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2010, 06:38:02 pm »

I don't see how lynching me will help.
Sometimes I am helpful.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29