Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia - Game over!  (Read 41759 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia - Day 1 brings mystery
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2010, 03:45:40 pm »

Nuke, any questions for me, or accusations to respond to?
Yah. You are acting like you are being really helpful. But you aren't really. See, asking questions, pointing out small things, and fussing over irrelevant details (If redwarrior says in advance he will be absent, and is then absent, on or around the appropriate time, then he isn't lurking. End of story) isn't very helpful. It looks helpful- but it really isn't anything next to good old statements. Which end in full stops, not question marks.
For example:
Nuke, any questions for me, or accusations to respond to?
Feels like you don't want to hurt my feelings. Its like you are asking my permission to defend yourself.

Here is a better response:
Nuke, loving that 'no arguments, just slipping it in there' sort of thing. Maybe no one will see it? Maybe I won't see it, then you can call me on it later on, hmm? Gee, sorry to rain on your parade there, buddy. Anyway, unless you go ahead and support your self with some actual arguments, I just can't take you seriously.
See, here you (a less scummy you) are attacking me for the fact that I used no arguments. Which is sort of what you were hinting at in your actual statement, except that had a question mark on the end. This is more likely to make me sit up and take notice, waaaaaaay more likely* to make me panic, testing my defences and revealing my alignment. Sure, it makes you stick out more- it would be an actual opinion, not a suggestion of an opinion that you might have, maybe, if you don't mind?- but that's actually what we're going for here! We (the town) should all be open with our opinions, so that those who aren't  (because their opinions are 'I want to eat your insides') stand out.

SO, TOASTER.
D'you think you can tell me why you are so concerned about appearing nice rather than actually saying what you think and finding some scum? Maybe with some good ol' periods on the end? (Or if you're feeling real confident, a shiny exeklamation mark!)
Although, of course, I understand if you don't want to, what with you being, you know. Scum.
Long Live United Forenia!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2010, 03:46:50 pm »

Woah to be honest I thought that said 'through' as well.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2010, 04:15:24 pm »

I'm still here. Watching. Waiting. Taking notes. Roasting peanuts and selling them to innocent schoolchildren, violating the terms of my parole (To wit; No Selling Foodstuffs Without A Permit)

So... you've been lurking.  Got it.

JanusTwoFace- You write your posts like some sort of impartial observer. This is something you always do, but it only just occurred to me. Please try to play rather than report.

I disagree.  I'm playing, pushing, scumhunting.  You're barely posting with nice lists and (previous to your list just here) minimal content.  It's your general strategy and I really don't like it much more than you probably like mine.  So it goes.

ANYWAY OTTOFAR Why don't you go ahead and tell me why you aren't scum.

I agree with you about Ottofar.  Just to be clear though, do you think that Ottofar is scummy enough to risk a tie?  There's just under three hours left and your vote ties Leafsnail and Ottofar at 3 each (if I counted correctly).
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2010, 04:21:37 pm »

Edit by way of post:  Missed the two most recent posts because I didn't see the 4th page and somehow the first part of my previous post wondered off:

He said THOUGH Thursday, not THROUGH Thurdsay.  That lack of "r" is pretty important.

I apologize.  I really didn't notice that any of the times I read it... Doesn't necessarily make you any more town or scum, just makes me look like an idiot.  :-\

Also, NUKE9.13 had two solid posts recently, not just one.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2010, 04:39:18 pm »

I hate ties and time is short so extend until the tie is broken.
Time to hear Mr.Person bitch.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2010, 05:10:54 pm »

The Scribe's Tally Sheet
JanusTwoFace: Criptfeind
Leafsnail: Org, RedWarrior0, ToonyMan
Ottofar: JanusTwoFace, NUKE9.13, Toaster
RedWarrior0: Mr.Person
Solifuge: Lonewolf I
ToonyMan: Leafsnail, Ottofar

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today

1 vote for an Extension. 3 votes required to extend the day by 24 hours
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2010, 05:31:24 pm »

Nah, Nuke, it doesn't always work that way.  Saying "scum" at me then waiting to see what falls out is hardly hunting, nor is that pretty list you made hunting.  In fact, reading back over it, I don't see a single attack at all!  Don't even try to tell me you attacked me, because you didn't- you labeled me.  Labels don't find scum.

I also notice that when asked to provide evidence, you use my prior post- which came after your list.  Since I doubt you have a time machine, that means the previous determination was made without it.  It's almost like you hadn't made your mind up why I was "scum" yet.  I'm not here to play nice, nor am I playing burden of proof games with you.  You can call anyone you like scum all day- just don't expect anyone to take you seriously until you can back it up.  Hell, even a flimsy justification to get a reaction is better that the nothing you provided.

As to your question, it's very silly, but I'll answer it by saying that I don't care if anyone thinks I'm nice.  If that doesn't work for you, too bad.  I hunt by questioning people- maybe you should try it sometime.

You did remind me to check RedWarrior again, though.  Despite knowing that he wouldn't be here today, he couldn't be bothered to come up with any detailed analysis, nor move his first post random vote.  That's evidence he doesn't care- scummy.  He loses his AFK shield after today though, so let's hope that this extension goes through- we're not done with this day.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2010, 06:01:24 pm »

I'm just not a good player. One could even say I'm a terrible player.
Now, it's a tie. Someone should break it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2010, 06:06:35 pm »

Gah, I freakin hate this stupid situation right now.  There isnt jesters in this game Im pretty certain.  Ottofar, fine screw you, stop joining games you breaker.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2010, 06:15:23 pm »

Criprfeind, you're still voting me from the very beginning of the game. Your original reason was that I left you off my list of lurkers. Do you still think I'm scum? At the very least more scummy than anyone else? If so, give me a good reason why? If not, vote someone else (with reasoning there too).

Ottofar, if you admit you're a terrible player, than try to fix it. It's possible, but it will take effort. If you don't want to spend the effort, don't play. In this case, you see a tie. You could break the tie, provide evidence why we should vote someone else, or even move to extend the day. You do none of these things, why? Thus, we lynch you.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2010, 06:49:11 pm »

I'd try to do something something tomorrow. Ah well.

I'd be a good jester...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2010, 07:04:34 pm »

Uh no you can't say you'll do better because you said that when the game started.

The day just ended now though because we only got two extensions.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2010, 07:38:11 pm »

EXTEND

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 24, 2010, 07:40:12 pm »

Well, since Org added another vote to Extend before I got back from my meeting, the day is now Extended to ~5pm Pacific Friday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2010, 07:48:23 pm »

:D
Leafsnail.

You should have plenty of time now Ottofar, hahaha.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29