Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1974 1975 [1976] 1977 1978 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689688 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #29625 on: November 19, 2013, 10:07:16 pm »

I was sick today, and my dad decided that no, he didn't have to phone the school, despite the fact that

1)I reminded him.
2)You're supposed to.
3)This has happened TWICE BEFORE, and both times I had to talk to an administrator.

It takes not even five minutes, and saves both me and the school a ton of trouble. Now I have unexcused absences on my record, and I'll probably have to talk to the gym teacher so that I don't lose 10% of my gym for skipping class.

Seriously, he doesn't seem to get that YOU NEED TO PHONE THE SCHOOL, despite both me and the school saying otherwise.

And now he says he'll phone tomorrow.
Trying to avoid radiation?
That's the only reason I can think of that he'd do that.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29626 on: November 19, 2013, 10:08:25 pm »

Yes, since landlines are so very radioactive and deadly.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29627 on: November 19, 2013, 10:10:02 pm »

:I

I've got nothing then.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29628 on: November 19, 2013, 10:10:11 pm »

Even cell phones don't put out any radiation. Not the cancer-causing kind, anyway.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29629 on: November 19, 2013, 10:11:06 pm »

Even cell phones don't put out any radiation. Not the cancer-causing kind, anyway.
I know, but with landlines there aren't even any worries.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #29630 on: November 20, 2013, 06:48:52 am »

I know, but with landlines there aren't even any worries.

Well, if radiation is electromagnetic, and it travels in waves, and sound travels in waves, then sound must be radiation. And then sound gave you cancer.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29631 on: November 20, 2013, 07:01:55 am »

That would explain why some eldritch gibberish can make you go mad. It just happens to be just the right frequency to give you brain cancer.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #29632 on: November 20, 2013, 08:45:27 am »

That would explain why some eldritch gibberish can make you go mad. It just happens to be just the right frequency to give you brain cancer.

Then it wouldn't be an eldritch gibberish, but eldritch radiation. And this isn't about being a perfect frequency, it's about high enough energy to play pool with electrons.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #29633 on: November 20, 2013, 09:42:12 am »

Then it wouldn't be an eldritch gibberish, but eldritch radiation. And this isn't about being a perfect frequency, it's about high enough energy to play pool with electrons.
Which, being emanated by an immensely powerful extra-dimensional entity, is quite possible.
Also, now the idea that hearing the true name of God would kill you makes totes sense.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29634 on: November 20, 2013, 09:42:52 am »

Because God has no concept of an indoor voice?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29635 on: November 20, 2013, 11:31:31 am »

Ha!

After escalating my frustrations yesterday, said yard owner is going to gut his infrastructure and rebuild it all! (Apparently, the IT person that set up all this up for them was fired, and then refused to give them admin access afterwards. Which explains why this has been a giant clusterfuck of shitiness for 4 years.)

JJJJJJJJJJJUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Justice Edition
« Reply #29636 on: November 20, 2013, 12:06:41 pm »

So, are they going to hire your group to rebuild it, or is it just not at all your problem anymore?
Either way, huzzah.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29637 on: November 20, 2013, 12:20:05 pm »

Ha!

After escalating my frustrations yesterday, said yard owner is going to gut his infrastructure and rebuild it all! (Apparently, the IT person that set up all this up for them was fired, and then refused to give them admin access afterwards. Which explains why this has been a giant clusterfuck of shitiness for 4 years.)

JJJJJJJJJJJUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Note they can be sued and even face misdemeanors from withhelding information that is property to a business.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29638 on: November 20, 2013, 12:48:33 pm »

Ha!

Note they can be sued and even face misdemeanors from withhelding information that is property to a business.

Oddly enough this kind of crud isn't that uncommon.

I can only guess the law hasn't caught up to this.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 12:50:25 pm by Neonivek »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #29639 on: November 20, 2013, 12:51:57 pm »

Ha!

Oddly enough this kind of crud isn't that uncommon.

I can only guess the law hasn't caught up to this.

And one of those minority of cases where intellectual property law can be used for something better than victimizing creators.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 1974 1975 [1976] 1977 1978 ... 3345