Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1976 1977 [1978] 1979 1980 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689905 times)

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Justice Edition
« Reply #29655 on: November 20, 2013, 05:48:30 pm »

Words cannot describe the anger I seem to have towards a large portion of Western society right now. Nothing racist or sexist mind you. I just have a strong disliking for the bourgeois middle class and capitalist upper class, which you kind of get when you've lived in poverty your entire life and can't have nice things because of it.

in b4 "LOL GET A JOB YOU BUM", if it were that simple I would have done that already.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #29656 on: November 20, 2013, 07:04:49 pm »

Which really, as tech support, is all I want. NOT to be thrown into the deep end of some else's system with zero guidance either from IT who set it up (in a non-standard way) or the actual people that own the yard (who just want it to work and generally try to avoid understanding how or why it works.)
This makes me think of IT people as hedge wizards or witches and the people as ignorant townsfolk who employ their services but generally distrust and fear them.

You: "So I'm going to ping the computer and-"
Them: "Enough of your devil talk; you'll rot my hard drive. Just make it work and speak to me as little as possible."

(Disclaimer: dialog may not be accurate at all since I know little to nothing about networking. But I know they need to in contact with a computer to work their foul hexes. Probably.)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29657 on: November 20, 2013, 08:38:46 pm »

My younger brother is, like, a total moron at math. Now he has exams in math. I have been press-ganged no less than five times in the last two days to "tutor" him (read: do his work for him, and then have him copy it down into his homework). He can't even comprehend simple concepts like solving for variables through basic algebra! How the hell did he make it into precalculus?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29658 on: November 20, 2013, 09:13:56 pm »

Bleh. Where to start today.

Had a major math test. About half the questions were on a chapter we didn't even learn. While a chapter that we did learn was left off entirely. Furthermore, it was a multiple choice math test. Sounds easy, but it was set up so that no matter which equation you used, your answer would match a potential choice for the question. It makes sense, but it's also an effective way to freak everyone out.

Also, one of my teachers proofread a term project for my group. My part was flawless, but the others' parts were riddled with grammar errors and nonsensical sentences. They dismissed some of the teacher's suggestions, while quite literally copy-pasting other suggestions into the paragraphs.

[SCREAMS INTERNALLY]

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29659 on: November 20, 2013, 09:35:24 pm »

Bleh. Where to start today.

Had a major math test. About half the questions were on a chapter we didn't even learn. While a chapter that we did learn was left off entirely. Furthermore, it was a multiple choice math test. Sounds easy, but it was set up so that no matter which equation you used, your answer would match a potential choice for the question. It makes sense, but it's also an effective way to freak everyone out.

Also, one of my teachers proofread a term project for my group. My part was flawless, but the others' parts were riddled with grammar errors and nonsensical sentences. They dismissed some of the teacher's suggestions, while quite literally copy-pasting other suggestions into the paragraphs.

[SCREAMS INTERNALLY]
When you scare the crap out of me, old memes get revived.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #29660 on: November 20, 2013, 09:39:10 pm »

This whole day just been going downhill from the start.

First my brother doesn't even brother to get ready of school and just say that there nothing to do for the rest of the year, you known beside the BLOODLY NEW SUBJECT WE GOT GIVEN AND NEED TO DO TO FINISH THIS YEAR.
Then after going to school and doing my usual stuff, then I notice that I i have not of my Migraine mediation and start getting one during Science.

Then during that lesson, my best friend gets PULL OUT BY POLICE (Kind knew why but still was an WTF) then getting EVERYONE ASKING ME WHILE STILL HAVING THE MIGRAINE.
I just decide to go to sick bay and go home...
This may be the most shit day of this year
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 09:41:43 pm by Evilsx »

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29661 on: November 20, 2013, 09:41:20 pm »

Them: "Enough of your devil talk; you'll rot my hard drive. Just make it work and speak to me as little as possible."

(Disclaimer: dialog may not be accurate at all since I know little to nothing about networking. But I know they need to in contact with a computer to work their foul hexes. Probably.)

I wish they'd be more like that. More annoying is the hoverer, questioning everything you do, all while saying "you're not going to break it are you? my photos are on there!! be careful! what are you doing now?? isn't there some other way? skldjsklj!"

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29662 on: November 20, 2013, 10:01:41 pm »

Is... Is that Dogekami? o____o?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29663 on: November 20, 2013, 10:32:24 pm »

Sounds easy, but it was set up so that no matter which equation you used, your answer would match a potential choice for the question. It makes sense, but it's also an effective way to freak everyone out.
This. This is one of the better ways to make a multiple choice test that is actually worth a shit. +1 whoever the hell made that test.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29664 on: November 20, 2013, 11:15:38 pm »

This makes me think of IT people as hedge wizards or witches and the people as ignorant townsfolk who employ their services but generally distrust and fear them.

People have, half in jest, half not, called me remoting into their PC "hacking" them. I get all sorts of well-meaning but fairly uninformed questions about security. I see some things that make me hurt (people letting their grand children install really crap F2P game bundles on their business server.)

But when I say these people don't know any better and don't want to, it's not that I'm being an elitist or anything. These people are busy. They work with their hands, deal in truck parts and only know as much about computers as they need to do their job or read the internet. So, I don't blame them for hand waving the technical side of things. But when they aren't paying to make things right, when they're given solid advice to, that's when I get annoyed. Plus my boss has this ethic of "go the extra mile to help people with their problems, even if it's not our responsibility." Which I'm happy to do. Until I'm in unfamiliar territory and wrist deep in someone's server and network administration. Then I start to get a little pissed off at the "hands off" nature of owners.

But yeah. What we do often looks like voodoo to some people.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29665 on: November 20, 2013, 11:32:35 pm »

Which really, as tech support, is all I want. NOT to be thrown into the deep end of some else's system with zero guidance either from IT who set it up (in a non-standard way) or the actual people that own the yard (who just want it to work and generally try to avoid understanding how or why it works.)

"Looks like a USB Dongle Goblin to me!"

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29666 on: November 20, 2013, 11:47:04 pm »

I have to regularly fight the urge to explain undiagnosable problems to my customers as "Gremlins."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29667 on: November 20, 2013, 11:54:18 pm »

That'd probably make more sense to 'em than whatever you do end up feeding them, wouldn't it? Shouldn't the customer get what they deservewant?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29668 on: November 21, 2013, 12:01:50 am »

Explain it in terms of feng shui.  Tell them that their network firewall is emitting negative chi.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29669 on: November 21, 2013, 12:18:44 am »

Hell, even what I do sometimes gets me legitimately accused of witchcraft, and I'm just trying to sell the damned things.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 1976 1977 [1978] 1979 1980 ... 3345