Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 39

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 7 - Game Over: Mafia Wins!  (Read 44470 times)

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 2: Frost Bite [REPLACEMENT REQUESTED!]
« Reply #315 on: August 26, 2010, 11:01:53 am »

@SirBayer: I'll respond to you later. Argh.

I think we've both confused ourselves. Or at least I'm confused and think you've gotten a tad mixed up as well. Why exactly do you think I'm scum again? Try and keep this brief, if you post too much I'll go off on a tangent and nobody will bother reading it.

Got a good night's rest and came back. Frankly I was trying to pin things on you. Mostly the whole lack-of-aggressiveness I perceived. Partially your arguments for why you hit up ToonyMan, and now Org. The end result was that you're probably not scum. Unvote Mr. Person.

No time to find another target right now. I'll try to hit someone before the end of the day. Formal request for another extension. Even if I come back at lunch time, I'll only have time to assemble one argument before day ends.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 26, 2010, 11:28:51 am »

Anyways, I'm going to place a vote on Jokerman-EXE for being a lurker mclurkyface with no suspicions whatsoever. Ergo, scum.

Interesting you pick Jokerman as your lurker vote. Why not abcullater_2 or Pandarsenic?

I picked Jokerman-EXE because abculatter_2 can't be bothered to play the game, which means he's a frustrated newbie and I wouldn't get anything out of him anyway, and Pandarsenic is a confirmed townie. Or at least I think he is. Did you miss that when I said that at the beginning of the day?

It doesn't matter if you don't think he is, since you're just asking about why I picked Jokerman-EXE.

There was also the small matter of the ToonyMan bandwagon he admitted to joining, and after I grilled Bandages and figured he was town I needed to go after someone else.

Unvote

Org you are being beyond unhelpful. I frankly do not believe you that a "mysterious source" told you that SirBayer is a mafia and that your votes were stolen. Well, I believe your votes were stolen, but I'm not convinced by your style of play that you're anything other than a mafia trying to cause confusion.

This one is easy. Org's mysterious source is his role. I'm betting he gets vote information at the end of the day, or knows who's messing around with his votes.

Jokerman-EXE: Did you realize you were setting up a three way tie for the lynch when you voted Sir Bayer?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 2: Frost Bite
« Reply #317 on: August 26, 2010, 12:56:38 pm »

My vote on Mr. Person was purely random.  Since Cript was the first to give a scummy response to my inquiries, I switched to him and he continued to seem scummy.  Had he at any point successfully defended himself, I would've moved my attention on to Mr. Person.

That doesn't explain why you never even bothered to get an answer out of Person.  You just let it go.

Lonewolf, still waiting for a reason here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 26, 2010, 01:46:00 pm »

Unvote

Org you are being beyond unhelpful. I frankly do not believe you that a "mysterious source" told you that SirBayer is a mafia and that your votes were stolen. Well, I believe your votes were stolen, but I'm not convinced by your style of play that you're anything other than a mafia trying to cause confusion.

This one is easy. Org's mysterious source is his role. I'm betting he gets vote information at the end of the day, or knows who's messing around with his votes.

I'm not going to bank on that, especially since it is just as easily a lie as anything else. Even if he has a town-beneficial role, the way he is going about it is scummy and cryptic and is making

Also, I'm about to leave on an orientation trip so I will be gone until late late saturday night. Best of luck, y'all.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 26, 2010, 02:29:53 pm »

Don't hate me, but the Day is extended to Friday, due to internet issues.

Sorry, sorry.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 26, 2010, 04:59:46 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
ToonyMan -
Toaster -
Lonewolf I -
Mr.Person - Toaster, SirBayer,
Jim Groovester -
Org - Mr.Person, Lonewolf I, Bandages,
Jokerman-EXE - Jim Groovester,
abculatter_2 -
SirBayer - Org, Jokerman-EXE,
Bandages - Pandarsenic,
Pandarsenic -

Not voting - abculatter_2,

Day ends on Wednesday 9 PM Central. 1 Extension Requested.

Day Extended to Friday at 9 PM Central.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 26, 2010, 05:31:24 pm »

Jim:
Anyway, responding to questions is not scummy.  Doing nothing but responding to questions is scummy.  You are voting Org, but your argument is weak, and it smacks of a vote to make it look like you're participating.

How is doing nothing but responding to questions scummy if people keep asking Mr. Person questions?

This is exactly like saying someone is scummy for defending himself if three people are harassing him and dissecting every post and saying every little thing he does is scummy. The only thing he can do is defend himself. He can't be considered scummy for doing the only thing he's able.

I see your point, but I disagree.  Even if you're responding to three people, you can still attack, especially since it's inevitable that a person under fire will be asked who they suspect.  If they can't present a solid basis for suspicion, they're probably scum.  He's attacking now, but it came after too much pressure to me to take it as authentic.

So you think Org isn't being scummy right now by acting like an idiot and not scumhunting or attacking at all? I literally don't even want to lynch him anymore, it's that fucking stupid. I'm asking a simple request from him, and he refuses. Come on man, just do something. Don't vote for the player who took your vote

Person:  It looks like you're trying to hunt now!  Why did you wait until after all the pressure on you started?

Actually, I figured I was fucking screwed, so I was gonna state my suspicions before I died. Or at least go down asking more questions. I think I would of asked the questions if I wasn't under fire, but I'm not 100% sure. Definitely would be pissed at Pandarsenic no matter what, I can tell you that for sure.

@Webadict: Actually, I was gonna ask for an extension anyways, so you're fine.

Interesting you pick Jokerman as your lurker vote. Why not abcullater_2 or Pandarsenic?

I picked Jokerman-EXE because abculatter_2 can't be bothered to play the game, which means he's a frustrated newbie and I wouldn't get anything out of him anyway, and Pandarsenic is a confirmed townie. Or at least I think he is. Did you miss that when I said that at the beginning of the day?

It doesn't matter if you don't think he is, since you're just asking about why I picked Jokerman-EXE.

There was also the small matter of the ToonyMan bandwagon he admitted to joining, and after I grilled Bandages and figured he was town I needed to go after someone else.

That's actually very reasonable. So why didn't you share this information when you voted Jokerman?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

abculatter_2

• Bay Watcher
  • HOPE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 26, 2010, 06:28:39 pm »

Just replace me. I thought I had enough time, but I don't.
Don't think of it as being besieged by thralls/husks, think of it as having your own personal moat of life hating mutilated menaces

Now wall yourself in quickly

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 26, 2010, 07:06:20 pm »

My vote on Mr. Person was purely random.  Since Cript was the first to give a scummy response to my inquiries, I switched to him and he continued to seem scummy.  Had he at any point successfully defended himself, I would've moved my attention on to Mr. Person.

That doesn't explain why you never even bothered to get an answer out of Person.  You just let it go.

Because Cript and Mr. Person were far less scummy then than Org is now, so Mr.P is on the back burner.  If he starts acting scummy again, then I'll return to him, and bring the old evidence back to the forefront along with the new attacks.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 26, 2010, 07:15:07 pm »

That's actually very reasonable. So why didn't you share this information when you voted Jokerman?

I didn't share this information because I didn't feel I needed to. When I voted him, the biggest thing on my mind was Jokerman-EXE's lurking, and this was the reason I stated when I voted him.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 26, 2010, 08:46:16 pm »

Well. Ran briefly through the thread. Didn't see much suspicious except for one thing.

Pandarsenic hasn't posted since... well, a while back. A couple pages, but before that a number of pages. Etc. And when he did pop in, it wasn't for much.

Gonna play?
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 26, 2010, 09:09:06 pm »

And I'm going to put my vote on abculatter_2 for the same reason. He hasn't been here posting or doing anything useful. While it's not much, I've been watching the exchanges back and forth for scumtells.

Sometimes I just forget that I'm also playing. >.>

So why did you voteacullater_2 over Pandarsenic?

Pandarsenic is always a major lurker. It's hard to read his meta in this case because he's virtually has no meta. He just...lurks.

Org is being really freakin' weird and acting almost like a Jester. He might have lost his vote but that's not reason to act like a disturbance. It actually makes me hesitant to say we should kill him.

Scum #2, hello! Did you really just defend Org by saying he could be a fucking jester? Seriously? Ok, let's think about this for a second. Why bother ever lynching since ANYBODY could be a jester? Let's lynch the players that appear to be townies and ignore scummy players! What harm could come from this?

Oh God, you're mistaken. By no means am I defending Org; he's near the top of my picks for who to lynch. I'm saying that the whole situation is really jacked up with him and I see it as a choice: try to deal with that whole huge mess that is Org, or come back to it later after I feel I've hunted other scum down.

So why did you say this again? Do you think Org is a jester? You never said you thought Org is a jester. Oh, and it's a well known fact Webadict hates jesters. Pretty much all the major mods do. Even BYOR's have had a jester in them only once, and they're known for being silly.

I'm not sure what Org is, so I don't want to try and get into it. As to why I said all this, it's because I was asked for an analysis of the players.

Mr.Person is being ohmyfreakinggod so goddam verbose. I've never seen so much writing from one person before. Maybe a scumtell, or maybe he's just really excited this round. Hard to tell. I don't want to say he's scum yet, but by no means do I think he's clear.

Being verbose would be a hilariously bad scumtell since you'd be lynching me for doing what everybody's supposed to be doing. But hey, whatever. Ignore me and try and find cookie-cutter scumtells. Ignore the fact that different players have different scumtells. Ignore context. Ignore the content of my posts like my thoughts and actions. Ignore that shit, you've gotta find the scumtells!

And either way, this post was totally useless. You just say "Mr.Person could be scum since he's talking". What purpose does this serve? The only thing I can think of is getting other people to think I'm scum.. but you didn't say you thought I was scum. You said I might be scum. So you're being passive, very scummy of you.

Okay, why are you being so defensive? At no point did I accuse you of being scummy for talking or anything. You're blowing it extremely out of proportion which, as far as I'm concerned, is the scummiest thing you've done so far. Someone asked me what I thought of the current players, and I thought you talked a lot. Period. You're the one turning this into a thing.

SirBayer seems to me like he's being intentionally abrasive and trying to get a rise out of someone. While this can look like scumhunting, it seems more to me like he's trying to find a way to pin tells on someone.

Yeah, being abrasive is his scumhunting tactic. So he's pressure voting? Yeah, how is this scummy again?

This isn't how I've seen him play typically.

Responses are bolded. And if it makes you feel better, I have been reading your posts pretty closely. So uh, don't think nobody's reading 'em.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 26, 2010, 11:51:19 pm »

Yeah, said I was gonna reread then never did. Is Bandages still WIFOMing like fuck?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 27, 2010, 08:10:10 am »

Person:  Well, you've got me doubting enough to drop the case.  I will be watching.

Unvote Mr.Person.

Lonewolf, however, is steadily removing doubt.

Because Cript and Mr. Person were far less scummy then than Org is now, so Mr.P is on the back burner.  If he starts acting scummy again, then I'll return to him, and bring the old evidence back to the forefront along with the new attacks.

That's crap.  Just because you might think Cript is scum is a terrible excuse to not follow up on the attack.  It says you don't actually care about the attack, which would mean you already know his alignment.  You've been active lurking and not pressing your attacks.

Pandar:  Why don't you read and find out?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 27, 2010, 03:15:29 pm »

SUDDEN SIDE QUESTION: What happened to Dak? I guess I wasn't around to see.

Yeah, said I was gonna reread then never did. Is Bandages still WIFOMing like fuck?

What Toaster said. Although by Jam Grovesteer's logic, you're a confirmed townie. And also I happen to personally know that you're positively refusing to do anyfuckingthing productive anywhere, so it's hard to peg this as a scumtell. :I Unvote Pandarsenic.

Anyhow. I need a new target for my scumhunting menace. Blech. Doing that every-post-ever thing burns me out.

First of all, Org - your information from this anonymous source. I'm, uh - I'm gonna go ahead and say that if they're not lying, then I have a power I don't know about, because if I used the power I know about, you'd know. I'll also point out that you appear to still have your vote, so I'm willing to guess that they are lying. So tomorrow, if you get a similar anonymous tip, please inform us of it and we'll see if there's a pattern here.

Secondly, Joe:
I've been available less than you seem to think, which I should probably point out to you. I have time to check on my phone sometimes, but I'm not about too often.

Org is being really freakin' weird and acting almost like a Jester. He might have lost his vote but that's not reason to act like a disturbance. It actually makes me hesitant to say we should kill him.

Mr.Person is being ohmyfreakinggod so goddam verbose. I've never seen so much writing from one person before. Maybe a scumtell, or maybe he's just really excited this round. Hard to tell. I don't want to say he's scum yet, but by no means do I think he's clear.

SirBayer seems to me like he's being intentionally abrasive and trying to get a rise out of someone. While this can look like scumhunting, it seems more to me like he's trying to find a way to pin tells on someone.

Not sure what to think of Toaster, though he seems less scummy. There hasn't really been enough to read off of anyone else.

Well my friend Ioseph, you did provide opinions, but it took being prodded to do so. And, as well, you're pinning Org doing his normal thing as a "Jester". Or suggesting it's possible. Or maybe it's not possible! All I see is WIFOM, WIFOM, WIFOM.

The implications are that once it was pointed out you were inactive, you jumped because you didn't think anyone would notice. And WIFOM doesn't need any explanation as a scumtell.

Let's examine your posts in full, shall we?

Spoiler: Joe's next! (click to show/hide)

Conclusion: JoeScum = true.
Rules are for suckers.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 39