Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 7 - Game Over: Mafia Wins!  (Read 44513 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 2: Frost Bite
« Reply #285 on: August 24, 2010, 08:02:08 pm »

Jim. I haven't noticed anything Bandages has done as being scummy.

You think he's just nubfish then?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 24, 2010, 08:32:53 pm »

Everyone hop on the Org Train! Toot toot!
Here we go to Stupidville!

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 24, 2010, 08:36:30 pm »

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

FOR PITY'S SAKE MAN SPOILER THIS STUFF

Spoiler: Jeez (click to show/hide)

Conclusion: YOU'RE STILL SCUM.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 24, 2010, 10:26:30 pm »

@Org: I posed a question for you early on in my first WoT, I want you to answer that.

No spoilers for you guys because everybody needs to read this.

Do you want me to put "I'm not saying 'don't attack me', by the way, go right on ahead. Just please FFS don't lump Lonewolf in with whatever I've done to make you think I'm scummy." at the end? At what point did I say or even imply don't attack me? And in any case, of course I don't want people to vote for me and attack me and what not. I fail to see how that's scummy.

I want you to not be so damned defensive. And it's the exact same sort of defensiveness with which you answer me. "Man, don't whack out on me, dude. I didn't do anything." Either way, I do not like 'go right on ahead' and attack Lonewolf. You spend a lot of time explaining yourself - thus, defensiveness. Shouldn't you be worrying about the scum out there?

You didn't answer my question. At what point did I say or imply not to attack me?

So you think explaining oneself is scummy? Brilliant!

Quote from: Mr.Person
As for what you call WIFOM, I call it Org running around with a bloody knife. There's one of two scenarios. Either the player is scum trying RiA or the player is town or scum and just simply isn't very good. Either you've lynched good scum, bad scum, or a bad townie. Lynching ToonyMan was ToonyMan's fault. If we lynch Org and he's town, it's his fault. I'm not putting WIFOM into the situation, Org is. My way of killing the WIFOM is to vote the player until they explain themself or die. If they never explain themself, my best guess is that they were bad scum. If they do, they might still be scum, but at least it's possible to determine without any WIFOM.

Okay, I refuse to honestly believe that you don't see the WIFOM. Can you not comprehend that THE EXACT MISTAKE YOU MADE WITH TOONYMAN IS YOUR PRECISE ARGUMENT IN ATTACKING ORG? The idea that they are acting stupid, while possibly legitimate, is still so fraught with WIFOM (which is a tool of the scum, may I remind you) that it's useless as a scumtell. Ergo you're not scum-hunting, you're looking for a noisy, common patsy to put a vote on. Come on.

Once again, ToonyMan getting lynched was ToonyMan's fault. Either they're acting stupid or just are stupid, but either way the situation is filled with WIFOM. It's one of the two, and it's hard to tell which. So I questioned ToonyMan to try and figure out which one it was. ToonyMan kept being silly and stupid, so I assumed he was acting that way. If he ever stopped and explained himself properly, I would of reevaluated. I stand by lynching ToonyMan despite the fact he flipped town.

And everything being fraught with WIFOM was EXACTLY why I pressed in. Either he acts different or he doesn't. If he does, now we can scumhunt normally. If he doesn't, we lynch him. Most people are smart enough to realize that if you're getting voted because you're acting crazy and stupid, you start acting differently. ToonyMan did not, Org still seems to be the same to me.

Oh, then would you have me spend all my time in my first posts joking around? The fun is in the scum-hunt. The fun is in the game. And now I'm having fun. Scum-hunting you.

If that's not fun for you, all the better for me!

No, because if you did, you would be doing exactly what ToonyMan and Org are doing. I would vote you for it, too, by the way. You seem to be desperate to take an offhand joke I made and turn it into something scummy.

You seem to be under the impression that RVS had already ended. By Dakarian's instructions to me, RVS doesn't end until you're sure someone's scum. How do you RVS? You put a vote down. Random Vote. You've been in the Beginner Mafias, I'm pretty sure. You learned that lesson. Don't try to discount it.

Also, trying to turn my points on me? Scum-habit. Thanks for another scumtell.

Yeah, I don't vote outside RVS until I'm sure. That's what I just fucking said, why are you acting like I don't already know this?

And I've never been in or even read any Beginner Mafias except 1 and the one I IC'd, which was like 12 or 14 or something. They're not bad or anything, I just don't read games I'm not in. In any case, I have no idea what you're talking about, but it sounds to me like pressure voting, which I don't do. I've tried, it doesn't work well for me. It gets way too many false positives.

I was not trying to turn your argument back onto you, I was merely using you as an example of why your argument was fraught with error. Your argument was that being late out of RVS is scummy. I said that argument was incorrect because it would make you the scummiest player in the game.

Still didn't think he was scum.

See above.

So then why are you saying that I've acted scummy by not voting someone I don't see as scum?

Har har, you unvoted your Random Vote. Which, as I already pointed out, never happened. I've checked. I've checked every page in this game, there is not a Random Vote.

So this post never happened?
And since you've roleclaimed, what does that allow you to do?

Also, why did you roleclaim?

Jim Groovester, I don't see why you feel the need to press this issue.

You're riding their arguments in that you let them do the heavy lifting, and then you ride in with lame crap like "Hey, any reason you're passing blame?" Is that scum-hunting? HELL NO. Scum-hunting is accusation. That is wishy-washy flip-floppy crap. Scummy crap. You know that and I know that.

No need to scumhunt when you've already found the scum.

Yes, you were to blame for that at least partially. You were on the wagon. You were third on the wagon. You fit every goddamn wagoning description I have ever learned from Dak. You're wagoning and you're trying to weasel out of it.

I provided one vote on the wagon. Wait, what are you accusing me of again? I can't even remember. Wagoning? So you think my reasoning is bullshit? Are you trying to say that I made a literal copy of Criptfeind's and Jim's arguments? If so, you evidentally can't read since they're different. Not totally different, mind you, but they are different.

[
quote=Mr.Person]
Fuck you, these were very valuable questions. ToonyMan answered them poorly, so I kept my vote. Had he answered differently, I might of reevaluated.

Funny, that. I still just don't buy it. Active lurking is the worst kind of lurking. The first is a simple rhetorical question - without anything else to back it up. The second is just something you could probably have grabbed from the posts if you were willing to do the work on your scumgame. Apparently you're not. I take note again of wishy-washy accusations. [/quote]

I can't prove ToonyMan's argument bullshit if he's NEVER MADE ONE TO BEGIN WITH. I was trying to get ToonyMan to say his line of reasoning. The fact he fought me every step of the way only served to piss me off.

I don't care about the whole "why" thing. Yeah, that's a fine question. What I care about is that it just smacks to me of hiding behind a self-assigned teaching role.

And, uh... if ToonyMan hasn't learned by now, he ain't gonna. Word to the town or the scum, he's gonna do what he's gonna do.

Fine, I think I could help a few players be better because I'm pretty damn good at playing mafia. You caught me, oh noes. The aside was more generally for everyone. I was trying to teach ToonyMan to explain himself so that he'd explain himself. I wasn't going to hold his hand or anything because he's been playing mafia for a very long time. He knows the rules and strategies and what not.

But ToonyMan acting crazy AND stupid is unnacceptable. Period. Either one is fine. Stupid arguments are ok as long as we can all follow them. Well-reasoned craziness is amazingly fun. ToonyMan's good at tunneling. He's good at getting other players to vote with him. And he's really fucking good at scumhunting an open field and picking scum to tunnel. Problem is, he's really bad at getting players to stop voting him because sometimes, we can't follow his arguments and they're fucking stupid anyways. I'm forced to conclude that he's doing it on purpose if he's making no sense. It's an easy fix; just slow down and re-explain your argument. If it makes sense, I'll unvote ToonyMan. That's what I wanted. That's what ToonyMan needs to do, or he's a liability by being unreadable.

They just kept condemning ToonyMan more and more... Huh. Remind me now, friend, what he flipped? Wasn't he... town? Just how I remember it.

So if your questions lead you to lynch a townie, then why are they quality now? Stop throwing excuses at me. Stop wasting time.

ToonyMan being town doesn't prove my arguments invalid. ToonyMan refused to explain himself, so he got lynched for it. I wasn't asking anything crazy out of him. My argument was really simple. ToonyMan explains himself or he gets lynched because not explaining oneself is scummy.

Want to prove that argument invalid? Go right on ahead, be my guest.

"More scumkilling Toonyman"? Really? Have you FORGOTTEN THAT THE MAN FLIPPED TOWN? Are you trying to convince me that somehow, during the day, he has changed (while dead, I might mention) from Town to Scum? I just... I just don't get it. It doesn't work that way. Maybe if you'd spent time scum-hunting you would've found scum. More likely you wouldn't have, since you ARE scum.

And yeah, I guess I am. When you had the power to stop that bank robbery and you wasted time helping that little old lady, well, I'm gonna have to guess that you're in cahoots with the bank robbers.

By "scumkilling" I meant trying to get the town to lynch the scum ToonyMan. Later events (such as ToonyMan flipping town) do not affect previous events.

What do you want me to do, critically examine everything I know about mafia because I accidentally thought ToonyMan was scum when he was town? That's ridiculous and you know it. I might rethink some shit, but not in the middle of a fucking game.

You trying to paint me as scummy by giving advice to another player is utterly ridiculous. Me voting ToonyMan was not effected by the help at all. It's not like I'm incapable of doing more than one thing in a post. Would I have not lynched ToonyMan if I hadn't of offered the advice? No.

Here's the metaphor as it really is:
I'm flying over to a bank robbery to stop it. On the way, I notice a little old lady crossing the street. I pick her up, fly her over to the other side, and then continue on my way to the robbery. The entire trip to help the lady took seconds and I still got to the robbery in time.

So tell me, how does that prove that the hero (me) is in cahoots with the robbers (scum)? It doesn't. Now, let's continue the metaphor for a bit, shall we?

While fighting the robbers, I mistake a hostage for one of them, so I shoot him. Woops, I just killed an innocent bystander (ToonyMan). Is the hero really a supervillian? THAT'S what you're trying to prove.

The WIFOM is not mine, my friend, it was ToonyMan making it. If ToonyMan didn't act stupid, he wouldn't cause WIFOM. Don't like the WIFOM? Do something to break it. ToonyMan never stopped acting retarded, so I concluded he was scum.

That doesn't make sense. That doesn't make sense and you know it doesn't make sense. The WIFOM was from you. You know the WIFOM was from you. You're the only one saying "BUT THAT'S WHAT HE WANTS ME TO THINK!" That's WIFOM. Remember? You know that's what it is, dammit.

I was never WIFOM'd for a second. I was like "ToonyMan is being hard to read (normal) and is deflecting, that's out of character for him. Vote him." Trying to figure things out, I asked him some questions. He never stopped being hard to read and never explained the deflection, so I never stopped voting him. The WIFOM was "Is ToonyMan being hard to read on purpose or accidentally?" I never cared since it doesn't matter. The solution is the same in either case; vote him until he becomes easier to read. He never became easier to read, so I never stopped voting him. If ToonyMan never acted crazy, there would of been no WIFOM. The fact I noticed it and pointed it out doesn't mean that I was the one making it. ToonyMan had dozens of chances to clear things up, but he didn't. So he got lynched. If he had cleared things up, he might be alive today.

Please define "attacking." This isn't attacking.

Getting everyone else to vote the player.

Being defensive isn't scummy. If somebody attacks me with bullshit, I'm going to clear it up.

No, uh, being defensive really is scummy. Like, really scummy.

You're right, I'm sorry. Being overly defensive is scummy. What I meant to say was this:

Defending oneself isn't scummy. If somebody attacks me with bullshit, I'm going to clear it up.

How on earth is asking what Org is thinking NOT a useful question?

The question, I find, is rather nonaggressive. Therefore, my primary complaint is that it isn't rhetorical. This isn't an attack. A pertinent question has an obvious, inevitable, scum-tell answer. A question asked like this is either RVS holding over too long or scum buying time, trying to pretend at scum-hunting. As I've made clear, I'm fairly sure it's the latter.

No, I was trying to figure out what Org is thinking. I have to start somewhere like who he thinks is scum and why. Only after he says that can I figure out his alignment. Again, you're right, it's not an attack. It's me trying to figure things out.

But... but that is dumb. You already mislynched ToonyMan for literally exactly the same thing. Either it's accidental - which I don't believe - or it's intentional and you want to mislynch the easy targets. I'm confident when I say that's definitely the case.

You act as though Org's earlier actions were OK and not something to lynch him for. Here's a hint, they are. ToonyMan's actions were also worth lynching him for. You explain yourself in mafia games or you get the fuck out. If you don't, the rest of us have no way of figuring out your alignment.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 25, 2010, 08:50:35 am »

Holy crap, that's a lot of words.

Unlike some other people, I only vote people when I actually think they're scum. I don't generally pressure vote.

No, I was trying to figure out what Org is thinking. I have to start somewhere like who he thinks is scum and why. Only after he says that can I figure out his alignment. Again, you're right, it's not an attack. It's me trying to figure things out.

So you don't pressure vote, but you voted him to figure out what he was thinking?  In my book, that's a pressure vote.

Anyway, responding to questions is not scummy.  Doing nothing but responding to questions is scummy.  You are voting Org, but your argument is weak, and it smacks of a vote to make it look like you're participating.

My vote on Mr. Person was purely random.  Since Cript was the first to give a scummy response to my inquiries, I switched to him and he continued to seem scummy.  Had he at any point successfully defended himself, I would've moved my attention on to Mr. Person.

That doesn't explain why you never even bothered to get an answer out of Person.  You just let it go.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 25, 2010, 09:10:52 am »

Holy crap, that's a lot of words.

Unlike some other people, I only vote people when I actually think they're scum. I don't generally pressure vote.

So you don't pressure vote, but you voted him to figure out what he was thinking?  In my book, that's a pressure vote.

Anyway, responding to questions is not scummy.  Doing nothing but responding to questions is scummy.  You are voting Org, but your argument is weak, and it smacks of a vote to make it look like you're participating.

Not really, I shouldn't have to vote him to get him to talk in the first place. He's already done something scummy, so he's starting out my investigation with a strike against him to begin with. And in this game, it's one-strike-you're-voted.

So what exactly is incorrect about my argument? Was Org being a good player earlier? I think all of us, including Org, can agree that no, he was not. Kind of justifiable, I guess, but still. But was he being scummy? You're evidentally saying no. Why is that?

Actually, ok Org. Here's what I'll do. Ignore everything I've ever said to you so far this game. Just tell us the exact message you got from your anonymous source. Check to make sure it isn't quoting the mod, blah blah blah, but it really shouldn't since we don't know what a real message and a fake message would look like. Quoting the mod is really so that everybody doesn't just post their role PM's and compare to anyone with an identical one.

Seriously?  I've never seen a non-committal Org, and this worries me.  Incomprehensibility, yes, but always direct and unshaking.  If you're going to claim, do it.  Don't just offer up WIFOM.

So wait, Org coughing up an explanation for his actions made him more suspicious in your eyes?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 25, 2010, 09:36:54 am »

You're correlating "bad player" and "scummy" a bit too much.  I think the two have a fair amount of overlap, but they're different.  Today Org hasn't been hunting.  He claims he knows something about Bayer, but won't say what.  That's unhelpful.  Org, why would you not post the information, even if you can't rely on it?  To directly answer your question, Org is a little scummy for unhelpfulness, but I'm not convinced he's scum.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 25, 2010, 12:16:00 pm »

So, uh. Way to completely go and ignore Groovestar's suspicion. Which, of course, is suspicious.

Oh, for the love of...

It's Groovester! Not Groovestar!

S
T
E
R

NOT

S
T
A
R

Well, now that I've gotten that out of the way.

That brings up an interesting point, though. JIM GROOVESTAR: You say you're suspicious of him, but if memory serves right you're not voting for him and you're not pressuring him. Why announce a random suspicion like that and not follow up on it?

What would I have voted him for, and what could I use to pressure him? There wasn't anything about Toaster's play that I could grab onto and use as a basis to vote or to use as further pressure. He was playing very well, and the only reason I suspected him is that he wasn't being original in his targets for scum hunting.

This was an unfounded suspicion because since then he's been pursuing targets of his own.

Quote from: Quote for quote sparring between Mr. Person and Sir Bayer

Is there anything useful in here that I should take a look at? I don't have the time right now to go over it. And I don't really want to anyway. More the latter than the former, actually.

How is doing nothing but responding to questions scummy if people keep asking Mr. Person questions?

This is exactly like saying someone is scummy for defending himself if three people are harassing him and dissecting every post and saying every little thing he does is scummy. The only thing he can do is defend himself. He can't be considered scummy for doing the only thing he's able.

Anyways, I'm going to place a vote on Jokerman-EXE for being a lurker mclurkyface with no suspicions whatsoever. Ergo, scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 25, 2010, 12:40:03 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
ToonyMan -
Toaster -
Lonewolf I -
Mr.Person - Toaster, SirBayer,
Jim Groovester - Bandages,
Org - Mr.Person, Lonewolf I,
Jokerman-EXE - Jim Groovester,
abculatter_2 -
SirBayer - Org,
Bandages - Pandarsenic,
Pandarsenic -

Not voting - Jokerman-EXE, abculatter_2,

Day ends on Wednesday 9 PM Central.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 2: Frost Bite [REPLACEMENT REQUESTED!]
« Reply #294 on: August 25, 2010, 12:45:52 pm »

And I'm going to put my vote on abculatter_2 for the same reason. He hasn't been here posting or doing anything useful. While it's not much, I've been watching the exchanges back and forth for scumtells.

Sometimes I just forget that I'm also playing. >.>
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 25, 2010, 12:50:34 pm »

Prod sent to abculatter.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 25, 2010, 12:58:52 pm »

And I'm going to put my vote on abculatter_2 for the same reason. He hasn't been here posting or doing anything useful. While it's not much, I've been watching the exchanges back and forth for scumtells.

But he's new to mafia and you're not.

You know what you're supposed to do to look town. And this is not it. Lurking for a while and placing a vote on a newbie lurker who probably doesn't even want to play in this game is the laziest, safest move I could think of you to do.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 25, 2010, 01:25:48 pm »

So you're voting for someone for acting scummy that you say is doing the same thing as you?

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 25, 2010, 02:33:36 pm »

He's not doing the same thing as I am. I, at least, have been watching the game and making my own observations. Being new to mafia isn't an excuse at all. I got lynched my first couple games for the same reason.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 25, 2010, 02:40:20 pm »

Well, let's see if you're lurking has paid off. If you would be so kind, could you enlighten us as to what you've found from everyone else's conversations? Anyone acting particularly scummy in your eyes?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39