Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39

Author Topic: Vote Mafia 7 - Game Over: Mafia Wins!  (Read 44548 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 2: Frost Bite [REPLACEMENT REQUESTED!]
« Reply #300 on: August 25, 2010, 03:19:54 pm »

He's not doing the same thing as I am. I, at least, have been watching the game and making my own observations. Being new to mafia isn't an excuse at all. I got lynched my first couple games for the same reason.

This isn't particularly redeeming. You've been available, but haven't participated.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 25, 2010, 03:30:47 pm »

The exact quote was pretty short, but the gist of it was that whoever it was said I was affected by Sir Bayer's power.
And then I was told I had no votes.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 25, 2010, 03:35:42 pm »

That's not really all that condemning of Sir Bayer.

If I had a role that allowed me to steal votes, yours would be the first I would take as well. Doesn't mean he's scum, doesn't mean he's not scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 25, 2010, 03:59:48 pm »

ORG IS ALWAYS INNOCENT.
FOREVER.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 25, 2010, 04:54:11 pm »

I've been available less than you seem to think, which I should probably point out to you. I have time to check on my phone sometimes, but I'm not about too often.

Org is being really freakin' weird and acting almost like a Jester. He might have lost his vote but that's not reason to act like a disturbance. It actually makes me hesitant to say we should kill him.

Mr.Person is being ohmyfreakinggod so goddam verbose. I've never seen so much writing from one person before. Maybe a scumtell, or maybe he's just really excited this round. Hard to tell. I don't want to say he's scum yet, but by no means do I think he's clear.

SirBayer seems to me like he's being intentionally abrasive and trying to get a rise out of someone. While this can look like scumhunting, it seems more to me like he's trying to find a way to pin tells on someone.

Not sure what to think of Toaster, though he seems less scummy. There hasn't really been enough to read off of anyone else.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 25, 2010, 04:59:12 pm »

If you want to kill me use your Night Kill .

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 25, 2010, 05:15:22 pm »

What Night Kill?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 25, 2010, 05:35:16 pm »

Derp. Joking.
FOR NOW.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Vote Mafia 7 - Day 2: Frost Bite
« Reply #308 on: August 25, 2010, 09:19:15 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
ToonyMan -
Toaster -
Lonewolf I -
Mr.Person - Toaster, SirBayer,
Jim Groovester - Bandages,
Org - Mr.Person, Lonewolf I,
Jokerman-EXE - Jim Groovester,
abculatter_2 -
SirBayer - Org, Jokerman-EXE,
Bandages - Pandarsenic,
Pandarsenic -

Not voting - abculatter_2,

Day ends on Wednesday 9 PM Central.

The Day's extended for about 12 hours. Personal reasons, y'all.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 25, 2010, 10:46:53 pm »

Jeez, man. You can just tell them it's important. :I

A WARNING: I scripted this post offline. I haven't seen anything said since Mr. Person made his post. Keep that in mind.

Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 25, 2010, 10:54:31 pm »

So, uh. Way to completely go and ignore Groovestar's suspicion. Which, of course, is suspicious.

Oh, for the love of...

It's Groovester! Not Groovestar!

S
T
E
R

NOT

S
T
A
R

Well, now that I've gotten that out of the way.

WHOOPS SOWWY

Quote from: GrooveSTAR
That brings up an interesting point, though. JIM GROOVESTAR: You say you're suspicious of him, but if memory serves right you're not voting for him and you're not pressuring him. Why announce a random suspicion like that and not follow up on it?

What would I have voted him for, and what could I use to pressure him? There wasn't anything about Toaster's play that I could grab onto and use as a basis to vote or to use as further pressure. He was playing very well, and the only reason I suspected him is that he wasn't being original in his targets for scum hunting.

This was an unfounded suspicion because since then he's been pursuing targets of his own.

Quote from: Quote for quote sparring between Mr. Person and Sir Bayer

Is there anything useful in here that I should take a look at? I don't have the time right now to go over it. And I don't really want to anyway. More the latter than the former, actually.

Well, yes, actually. There are some interesting gems, like Mr. Person seeming to think it's okay to lynch a person if they're town as long as they're being stupid. Oh, and saying he voted ToonyMan because - get this - because ToonyMan pissed him off.

I think he's starting to break.

I've been available less than you seem to think, which I should probably point out to you. I have time to check on my phone sometimes, but I'm not about too often.

Org is being really freakin' weird and acting almost like a Jester. He might have lost his vote but that's not reason to act like a disturbance. It actually makes me hesitant to say we should kill him.

Mr.Person is being ohmyfreakinggod so goddam verbose. I've never seen so much writing from one person before. Maybe a scumtell, or maybe he's just really excited this round. Hard to tell. I don't want to say he's scum yet, but by no means do I think he's clear.

SirBayer seems to me like he's being intentionally abrasive and trying to get a rise out of someone. While this can look like scumhunting, it seems more to me like he's trying to find a way to pin tells on someone.

Not sure what to think of Toaster, though he seems less scummy. There hasn't really been enough to read off of anyone else.
So uh I guess you missed the part where Mr. Person is accusing ToonyMan of getting himself killed, and all that?

ORG: Hey, check it out - you've got your vote back. Just noticed that.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 26, 2010, 12:41:13 am »

Quote from: Quote for quote sparring between Mr. Person and Sir Bayer

Is there anything useful in here that I should take a look at? I don't have the time right now to go over it. And I don't really want to anyway. More the latter than the former, actually.

You really should read them. They're gold mines of information and not that long. Stick sections if you want but at least take a gander at 'em I'm not going to even bother trying to summarize or pull quotes or whatever since I'm more than a bit biased.

Anyways, I'm going to place a vote on Jokerman-EXE for being a lurker mclurkyface with no suspicions whatsoever. Ergo, scum.

Interesting you pick Jokerman as your lurker vote. Why not abcullater_2 or Pandarsenic?

And I'm going to put my vote on abculatter_2 for the same reason. He hasn't been here posting or doing anything useful. While it's not much, I've been watching the exchanges back and forth for scumtells.

Sometimes I just forget that I'm also playing. >.>

So why did you voteacullater_2 over Pandarsenic?

Scum #2, hello! Did you really just defend Org by saying he could be a fucking jester? Seriously? Ok, let's think about this for a second. Why bother ever lynching since ANYBODY could be a jester? Let's lynch the players that appear to be townies and ignore scummy players! What harm could come from this?

So why did you say this again? Do you think Org is a jester? You never said you thought Org is a jester. Oh, and it's a well known fact Webadict hates jesters. Pretty much all the major mods do. Even BYOR's have had a jester in them only once, and they're known for being silly.

Being verbose would be a hilariously bad scumtell since you'd be lynching me for doing what everybody's supposed to be doing. But hey, whatever. Ignore me and try and find cookie-cutter scumtells. Ignore the fact that different players have different scumtells. Ignore context. Ignore the content of my posts like my thoughts and actions. Ignore that shit, you've gotta find the scumtells!

And either way, this post was totally useless. You just say "Mr.Person could be scum since he's talking". What purpose does this serve? The only thing I can think of is getting other people to think I'm scum.. but you didn't say you thought I was scum. You said I might be scum. So you're being passive, very scummy of you.

Yeah, being abrasive is his scumhunting tactic. So he's pressure voting? Yeah, how is this scummy again?

Derp. Joking.
FOR NOW.

Derp is right, sir. You are derping so hard right now. Would it be at all possible for you to participate in the game instead of sitting in the corner sucking your thumb and sounding like a total moron? Try coming up with a reason SirBayer is scum. That'll be a good start.

And this is bullshit, by the way, since Org isn't playing the game. He's active lurking.

@Padarsenic: Nice active lurking, mate. You're scum #3. You're not posting. At all. And don't give me that "Secret Role, waaaaaa, woe is me, woe is me" emo bullshit. Play the game or get lynched. Don't like it? Tough shit. Pretend you're a vanilla townie. Don't like Mountainous? Fuck you, pretend it's Mountainous. Don't like me insulting you? Then get your sorry ass back into this game. I WILL vote you if Org gets HIS ass into the game and you still haven't. So far all you've done this game is pretend to play and bitch about being a secret role.

@SirBayer: I'll respond to you later. Argh.

I think we've both confused ourselves. Or at least I'm confused and think you've gotten a tad mixed up as well. Why exactly do you think I'm scum again? Try and keep this brief, if you post too much I'll go off on a tangent and nobody will bother reading it.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 26, 2010, 01:01:04 am »

Unvote

Org you are being beyond unhelpful. I frankly do not believe you that a "mysterious source" told you that SirBayer is a mafia and that your votes were stolen. Well, I believe your votes were stolen, but I'm not convinced by your style of play that you're anything other than a mafia trying to cause confusion.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 26, 2010, 07:32:43 am »

Okay everyone, I have some more things to do, so I'm going to put this on hold until... 2 PM Central, when classes are done. Then I'll have plenty of time.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 26, 2010, 09:41:59 am »

Jim:
Anyway, responding to questions is not scummy.  Doing nothing but responding to questions is scummy.  You are voting Org, but your argument is weak, and it smacks of a vote to make it look like you're participating.

How is doing nothing but responding to questions scummy if people keep asking Mr. Person questions?

This is exactly like saying someone is scummy for defending himself if three people are harassing him and dissecting every post and saying every little thing he does is scummy. The only thing he can do is defend himself. He can't be considered scummy for doing the only thing he's able.

I see your point, but I disagree.  Even if you're responding to three people, you can still attack, especially since it's inevitable that a person under fire will be asked who they suspect.  If they can't present a solid basis for suspicion, they're probably scum.  He's attacking now, but it came after too much pressure to me to take it as authentic.

Org:
The exact quote was pretty short, but the gist of it was that whoever it was said I was affected by Sir Bayer's power.
And then I was told I had no votes.

How do you get Bayer as scum out of that?

Also, what the hell was the point of asking to be NKed then claiming you're joking "for now?"  Are you trying to spread confusion?  You lost your vote, not your ability to hunt.

Person:  It looks like you're trying to hunt now!  Why did you wait until after all the pressure on you started?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39