Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165230 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #2130 on: April 26, 2011, 06:33:56 pm »

The new GP's cannon barrage apparently does so little damage it can't even kill wraith camp.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: April 26, 2011, 06:37:35 pm »

The trick to a good cho'gath is to constantly mix it up, if you keep landing it behind them then they get wise.

Strangely enough, most never do seem to get wise.  They'll continue backpedalling into that bomb or rupture over and over for eternity.  I think the reliability of that trick works its way into the muscle memory of anyone who mains a Karthus or Cho'Gath for long enough.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: April 26, 2011, 09:29:56 pm »

Teemo has updated lore.

To help cope with his lengthy periods of isolation, Teemo recently struck up a friendship with Tristana, a fellow League champion and fellow member of Bandle City's Special Forces. This connection is healthy for both yordles, though now Valoran's voracious media outlets circulate rumors that the friendship is turning into a romantic relationship. Regardless, Teemo is a crowd favorite in the League of Legends, and a pint-sized foe that many have come to fear.

''Teemo rides a thin line between chipper compatriot and unrepentant killer, but there's no one else I'd rather have as a friend.'' -Tristana

He no longer has that "is slowly going insane" part.

Tristana also:

Tristana recently struck up a close friendship with Teemo, the Swift Scout. They are both members of Bandle City's Special Forces, so not only do they bond as yordles, but also as fellow warriors and champions... though she outright ignores any questions pertaining to a blossoming romance.

''If there's one person I'd trust to take on a difficult mission, it's Tristana - all day long!'' - Teemo

ALL DAY LONG!!!!!!

Edit: New Nunu skin... it's... damn cool...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: April 26, 2011, 11:03:51 pm »

First ranked game, an amazing comeback. I was lagging pretty bad though, and I'm sure alot of people were, servers were being really, really terrible. I think they even forgived some losses during that period.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: April 26, 2011, 11:04:07 pm »

epic first game as firebrand with a lane partner as Nunu.

fire and ice baby, works every time.

we lost the game however after a great start, due to horrible team coordination :/
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: April 26, 2011, 11:05:19 pm »

I had a pretty painful game as Sion.  This is indicitive of what recent games as Sion have been like, take a look and please tell me how to improve so I can stop losing as Sion.

Sad, sad Sion.

Also, as a side-note, I've been thinking about getting Cassiopeia to round off my Ability Power happy champions (Sion, LeBlanc, Cassiopeia).  Would she be a good addition to my stable or too much like LeBlanc?

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: April 26, 2011, 11:09:07 pm »

What you mean, too much like Leblanc? They're like, completely different apart from the fact they're both mages. Cassiopeia has AoE spells and uses mostly damage over time effects rather then raw burst damage (altough she can still pull some off), plus she's alot less mobile. Leblanc can work in a lane, while cassiopeia is one of those champions that lack power unless left to a solo lane.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: April 26, 2011, 11:11:25 pm »

I dunno, I've never played her lol.  Yeah, I figured they were somewhat different.  Just want to make sure I wouldn't regret the 6,300 IP price tag.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: April 26, 2011, 11:19:15 pm »

I've been slowly buying every character from the time I first started playing, beginning with the cheapeast and ending with the most expensive.  Only a few more 3150s to go.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: April 26, 2011, 11:47:13 pm »

So Dakk, Taric is free to play, any tips on playing this outrageous man?

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: April 27, 2011, 12:27:11 am »

Make good use of his gem-encrusted aura. Bling out your companions with rhinestones; your victory will be as swift as it is fabulous~!

I'm pretty pleased to note that Rumble is voice-acted by Zim (Invader Zim)/Dagget (Angry Beavers)/Billy (Billy and Mandy). Fantastic! I've got to snag him, to tide me over until the Monkey King.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: April 27, 2011, 12:36:45 am »

Or you could roam around with boots and scare the living crap out of everyone in other lanes. No one likes to fight a constantly MIA Taric.

Edit: Hahaha, Alistar right now puts himself in a 0.5 second stun every time he uses an ability for that little pre-trample activation dance.

Edit edit:
So we're planning on option toggle to never autoattack unless you specifically click a target. I'm not sure when that will happen, but I added a special case fix for Sona that should go out next patch (unless it gets veto'ed or something).

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: April 27, 2011, 05:38:51 am »

Just had a nice comeback, i played Taric and for most of the game we would simply melt under their fed Karthus and Pantheon, but when we were all there we would always win a 5v5.I guess it helped that their Taric was their only tank while we had a Singed (wasn't all that useful but he was a nice damage sponge).And my team was quite aurawhorey.I had SS and AoL while Irelia had Starks and Brand had WotA, so together it was a very nice combination :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: April 27, 2011, 12:07:23 pm »

Roaming Taric is probably one of the worst roamers. Taric doesnt need to farm a whole lot but really, his dazzle isn't good enough for him to be a good roamer like alistar or janna. Put Taric in lane were he can have some real use.

Taric gives whatever lane he's at great sustainability, and he can give whoever you put in lane with him (or himself) some kills, specialy if the enemy is dumb enough to towerdive him. He can push really hard with his ultimate and can work as an off tank or an AP support, which makes him heal squishies for for half their health bar or himself for even more, and his dazzle to hit harder then Sion's Q.

Be ready to use Q at all times and know how to use your E, and you'll be a good Taric. Don't be afraid to get an archangel's staff or mana items on him, as not only is Taric mana hungry, but mana almost work as effective health for him. Remember autoattacking reduces his heal's cooldown by 1 second on every strike.

His W is his least important spell, but take one level in it to help with farming. You can use it for extra damage later, remember it also debuffs armor. Don't use it as an actual damage spell unless you're really heavy into AP or still farming. The passive armor buff is much better then the AoE damage it does.

Just remember that Taric isn't good on all teams. Don't pick him if the team has no real tank, as taric isn't a real tank himself, he's a tanky support. Also, don't pick him if the team already has a stablished support champion, unless said support can deal some good damage (Zilean/Lux). Taric needs a team that can do nice damage, simply because he doesn't pack a whole lot of punch, even when dazzle is dealing over 700 damage.

Don't go full tank unless your team has no real tank, and don't go full AP unless you're pubstomping, go tanky support. My core build is (not exactly in this order) archangel's staff, banshee's veil, rod of ages and deathcap. You might wanna take some early armor if the enemy team is pretty heavy on AD though.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 12:24:24 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: April 27, 2011, 12:21:48 pm »

Soooooooooo, anybody bother watching that Sion game so I know how to improve?
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 165