Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165176 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #2160 on: April 27, 2011, 05:15:19 pm »

Isn't that the point of buying an item with an active? All items with actives are subpar if you don't actually use the actives.
Hm... Think he meant to say if you buy it for the active and don't really use the passive.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: April 27, 2011, 05:35:44 pm »

Yes sry, fix'd

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: April 27, 2011, 05:49:33 pm »

I'm horribly bad about forgetting to use active item abilities.  Some are still quite good anyway, such as Randiun's Omen.  (Thank god they put the armor back in it)
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: April 27, 2011, 06:04:55 pm »

Just played Irelia, god she's ninja OP, doing crazy shit and killing people without problems with just trinity, and her staying power is amazing thanks to Hitten.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: April 27, 2011, 06:38:15 pm »

Just played Irelia, god she's ninja OP, doing crazy shit and killing people without problems with just trinity, and her staying power is amazing thanks to Hitten.
More or less. She will probably kill everyone in laning phase too, with the exception of maybe Sion or Taric.

I still don't understand why Irelia, unlike all the other melee dps-ers, does perfectly fine with a duo lane as well. If you put Renekton, Mundo, Morde, Xin Zhao, etc. in a duo lane, their power drops substantially. But with Irelia, she can still crush faces with no problem.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: April 27, 2011, 06:46:01 pm »

I'm horribly bad about forgetting to use active item abilities.  Some are still quite good anyway, such as Randiun's Omen.  (Thank god they put the armor back in it)

yea.... I dont know how many times ive bought hextech gunblade and 3 minutes after i buy it i forget it has an active 300 dmg :/

could kill so many heroes with that but forget :(
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: April 27, 2011, 06:50:58 pm »

I think it's because she doesn't depend on items that much, sure she does great with triforce, but even with one part of it you can do great.Plus last hitting with her is retardedly easy so money is never a problem, and her skills while not scaling that much are pretty strong early on.She's the perfect tanky DPS i think, having everything you need, her passive is great and combined with Merc treads you get 75% cc reduction in a teamfight, she has a nice dash that allows her to close with the enemy quite sneakily, while they hold back slightly so you don't dash their squish guts out you simply dash to a minion and then to them, since you know, nobody expects two dashes that fast.Hitten style while not being that important late game (except for the true damage, but that isn't that much) is insanely good at keeping you alive, a single minion wave will get you some half health without much problems.Her stun/slow is a great way to get out of trouble/stop others from getting away from it, it saved my ass quite a few times simply by stunning the bastard because he had more health than me, and again slowing him down so i can tear his face off.Ultimate is nice too, not only for chasing near dead people but quickly getting your health up after a big fight, simply find a minion wave and mash your R untill you are full, then you can push all you want without needing to go back.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: April 27, 2011, 07:28:01 pm »

While I agree with you for the most part, I think you are selling Hiten style short.

It's 75 EXTRA. Not conversion. It gives her + 75 true damage per hit in addition to her base AD. It's as if she's walking around with an additional Infinity Edge that does only true damage. Combined with the health regen (not lifesteal, so not affected by resistances and works on towers) well... it's pretty painful. Don't forget that Irelias like to max this skill first and thus not only get their special true damage IE; but will get it in 15 minutes.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: April 27, 2011, 07:51:24 pm »

karthus is the biggest troll hero in this game.

My last game as brand, i got trolled so hard by karthus and his ult.

I decided to play as him.

Holy christ :/ ITS THE MOST HILARIOUS THING LATE GAME.

1000 dmg with the ULT, with i think i had +100% total magic penetration?

i dont know what that magic penetration does, but i was severely destroying the team fighting ability of the enemy team if i popped it right as we got engaged a bit.

OR the more extremely trolling way to use it, is wait till the fight is almost over and my team is running away or chasing some horrible low health hero's and i hit the ult and kill them all off.

best kill with the Ult was 3 enemy hero's at the end of a battle at the home tower in mid, enemy was running to the healing area, and i nailed em all for the 1000+ dmg.

so much raging at karthus that game.

Poor Pantheon, i was fighting, kept killing him with it every time.

Ended the game 12-5-ridiculous assists.

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: April 27, 2011, 08:17:11 pm »

I'm playing xin zhao and after the buffs he's pretty good, nets you kills during the early game if the enemy makes as much as one mistake. Pretty simple to play as and works pretty well as either straight up DPS or tanky DPS.

I'm sorta saving to get either jarvan or renekton on main account.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: April 27, 2011, 08:17:45 pm »

Warwick?  Tryndamere?

All dps/assassin characters are especially snowbally.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: April 27, 2011, 08:23:25 pm »

It's hard to say. A lot of the best champions are 3150 ip, especially the physical dps-ers.

Xin Zhao is a... weird champion. Irelia does everything better than him, but he's cheaper and does more burst damage.

Pantheon is likely to be changed a lot in the near future. Right now, he seriously needs to be fed a lot early game to be of any use later on. However, with the right lane combo, he can wreck serious face. (Hint: Pantheon + Urgot)

Udyr is one of the best junglers. Also one of the hardest to play. Damn fun, but in a strange way, also quite boring. He's super flexible (past the early game) and can be a lot of things depending on what the team needs. Good to learn the jungle with.

Urgot is not really a ranged dps not really a melee dps. He's a support ranged character, so to speak. He is FEARSOME though (in my opinion, easily the strongest laner) and a lot of people underestimate how much damage he can put out. With some arpen runes, you can easily do true damage with your attacks and can make people cry in lane. In teamfights though, he's mostly relegated to slowing people, initiating, and being irritating.

Olaf is kinda the same as Irelia as well, except no dash and does less burst damage. Has a really powerful axe though and jungles so freaking fast. In the extreme late game, he's the strongest champion and will 1v5 the enemy team when he has all his items.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: April 27, 2011, 08:25:39 pm »

You can't have 100% magic penetration. Assuming you had archaic knowledge+void staff=49%, something else to notice is that you may have had 100 magic penetration (unlikely but possible), but not 100% (since 50% and 50% doesn't equal 100%, it equals 75%)
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: April 27, 2011, 08:37:27 pm »

You can't have 100% magic penetration. Assuming you had archaic knowledge+void staff=49%, something else to notice is that you may have had 100 magic penetration (unlikely but possible), but not 100% (since 50% and 50% doesn't equal 100%, it equals 75%)

ffff ok, im still new to the game.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: April 27, 2011, 08:40:58 pm »

Olaf is kinda the same as Irelia as well, except no dash and does less burst damage. Has a really powerful axe though and jungles so freaking fast. In the extreme late game, he's the strongest champion and will 1v5 the enemy team when he has all his items.

the true dmg ability he has with a 2-3 second cool down is so insane late game  8)

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 165