Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165236 times)

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #2100 on: April 26, 2011, 09:57:34 am »

Just had a 55 min rape fest as Mundo.  This was one of those rare occassions where they had so much trouble killing me, I was able to afford a Phantom Dancer without sacrificing any survivability.  Ended with best score in the game. 

I basically destroyed everyone on their team and could take any combination of them on at least 3 at a time and win... but they had a Veigar that could insta-kill anyone on my team.  So it ended up with us pushing, everyone but me dying, me defending, us pushing... repeat... until I got my phantom dancer and started diving behind their lines so fast that even veigar and teemo couldn't get away from me with their speed boosts.  At that point I just killed them over and over while my teammates dealt with their tanks.  Enemy team also had a vastly inferior Mundo, so that was fun.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1r8kp9klt92zu4x/Mundo%204-26-2011.lrf

why cant all the people i fight be as dumb as teemo and stand in front of their creep wave so i can hit them constantly  with my cleaver. err briefcase.

honestly those early fights seem ridiculous, they just let you tear down their health over and over again with cleaver. never thinking (hey i gotzza stay behind creep line)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 09:59:15 am by Journier »
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: April 26, 2011, 12:24:56 pm »

I wouldn't call the Alistar changes a nerf actually, I think the biggest thing there is being able to headbutt minions now. It means you basically have a Malphite ult as your basic skills; and you don't have to knock champions away to catch up to them anymore.
You could always do that by using pulverize immediately after headbutt.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2102 on: April 26, 2011, 01:03:42 pm »

Starting a game is Solomid Hybrid Shaco.
If all goes well, I'll post the replay somewhere.

EDIT: So okay, it did go well. laning phase was good, although I fucked up when Nocturne ganked Kog'Maw. I thought he'd die but he was left with <10 health, and me and Noct died. Shame.

Some pretty nice traps, but then they got too afraid to I didn't get to trap them in too much late game. Our Gangplank rolled with an unusual build, he bought 2 Gunblades. Guess what? He did the best in our team.

Here it is. http://www.mediafire.com/?4y8mssbcbh5rk4c
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:59:53 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: April 26, 2011, 02:18:23 pm »

Here's another tournament match for anyone bored or curious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLSnd5rLIIg

This one features why no one plays Eve in high ranked games (*coughoraclecough*).... and why it's essential to take clairvoyance.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: April 26, 2011, 03:24:55 pm »

It seems Taric will be getting new splash art:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FUCKING
FABULOUS
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2106 on: April 26, 2011, 04:02:59 pm »

IMO Taric lost his fabulousness with that picture.

Also, I want opinions on this.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=695395
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: April 26, 2011, 04:12:07 pm »

Taric never loses his glow brah.

Fucking.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2108 on: April 26, 2011, 04:16:39 pm »

Dakk, I want to ask you this:

What do you think of Taric's sexuality (AKA is he gay like everyone says)

I think he isn't. Being smoking hot, having the voice of a god, and the gems man, the gems. These don't make people gay.
Taric has a good sense on how to look good with his gems, but they also are functional: What makes a better armor than diamond hard gems, afterall?

Also before anyone says anything that I'm homophobic or some shit like that, I'm not. I don't give a fuck about person's sexuality, its their own thing.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: April 26, 2011, 04:29:42 pm »

I don't think anyone actually cares about his sexuality. Or at least, anybody worth caring about actually cares about his sexuality.

It's just generally accepted that he's fabulous.

Ezreal on the other hand...

Anyway, it was pretty dumb of you to tell the enemy where Eve was. I mean, what's the point? It's only going to make it worse for you.

This is not the same as say... your mid champion taking smite because your jungler doesn't want to take smite. That way at least the mid-champion is securing the team's buffs and the enemy team gains nothing. By telling the enemy where Eve was, you're basically helping her feed.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: April 26, 2011, 04:30:14 pm »

All I say is that I don't make any assumtions but I wouldn't mind if he swinged that way~

In another not so manly note, while I despise the furry following that Nasus's unwittingly has, his voice is the sexiest thing in LoL.

And what about Ezreal? There's nothing absolutely fabulous about him apart from his dance, and maybe his chinese art. Its not like the haruhi dance he does is exclusively feminine anyway, I mean even the original one had male characters doing it.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 04:36:11 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2111 on: April 26, 2011, 04:31:58 pm »

I don't think anyone actually cares about his sexuality. Or at least, anybody worth caring about actually cares about his sexuality.

It's just generally accepted that he's fabulous.

Ezreal on the other hand...

Anyway, it was pretty dumb of you to tell the enemy where Eve was. I mean, what's the point? It's only going to make it worse for you.

This is not the same as say... your mid champion taking smite because your jungler doesn't want to take smite. That way at least the mid-champion is securing the team's buffs and the enemy team gains nothing. By telling the enemy where Eve was, you're basically helping her feed.
I told her location so she would bail and start playing. Didn't work.

Anyways, I had my moment of weakness. And I don't do this kind of stuff regularly.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: April 26, 2011, 04:35:49 pm »

All I say is that I don't make any assumtions but I wouldn't mind if he swinged that way~

In another not so manly note, while I despise the furry following that Nasus's unwittingly has, his voice is the sexiest thing in LoL.

And what about Ezreal? There's nothing absoluterly fabulous about him apart from his dance, and maybe his chinese art. Its not like the haruhi dance he does is exclusively feminine anyway, I mean even the original one had male characters doing it.
I meant that Ezreal was a Taric wannabe.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: April 26, 2011, 04:40:22 pm »

︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: April 26, 2011, 04:43:08 pm »

I thought being blinged out with a silky serene voice made you a pimp, not gay.

why cant all the people i fight be as dumb as teemo and stand in front of their creep wave so i can hit them constantly  with my cleaver. err briefcase.

honestly those early fights seem ridiculous, they just let you tear down their health over and over again with cleaver. never thinking (hey i gotzza stay behind creep line)

To be fair, my lane opponents are also the only people who managed to kill me that game, IIRC.  It's also really really hard to avoid cleavers from a decent Mundo player.  Standing behind creeps?... enter bushes and throw from the side.  Creeps form two lines, and there's only a small space at the end of each line to give you cover.  If they do that, you're free to circle around behind and initiate a pincer attack opening with a vicious q-e-q combo.

Best thing to do against Mundo in the beginning is dodge and cc/burst him dead while his cleaver is on cooldown.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 165