Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165189 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #2145 on: April 27, 2011, 01:39:49 pm »

Soooooooooo, anybody bother watching that Sion game so I know how to improve?

What build you went with him?
If AP, I can't help much. I have played only few games as AP Sion, mostly as a DPS because thats how he rolls the best with me.

Also, had a fun game on TT as Shaco. Instead of getting kills with traps, I got quite many with ganks and teamfights.
Early/mid game as a DPS Shaco with on-hit items (Bloodrazors, Malady, Divine, also Nashor's tooth) And later on as a Tank (Guardian Angel, Thornmail, Banshee's Veil. also had Ghostblade + Divine later)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:41:45 pm by Bordellimies »
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: April 27, 2011, 02:04:38 pm »

Okay, I just watched the first 20 minutes and while I'm by no means a Sion expert, I can at least point out some stuff that your game would've been aloooot better without.

1-That towerdive at level 1 was really, really silly, there's no other way I can put it. Towerdiving at level 1 is asking for a horrible death, plus you even wasted flash to actualy dive. I suppose you didn't expect to come out alive, and getting first blood and then dying isnt worth it, much less if you give the enemy first blood instead, less even if you waste your summoner's spells just to fail it.

2-At some point, it seemed like you just forgot to turn your E on as you exploded your shield. Keep in mind that any last hits from you, from spells or otherwise, work with his E's passive. You might want to just leave it on forever after you have some survivability.

3-At several points your exhaust could've turned the tide of the fight and killed jax and/or Yi, but you didn't use it, and sometimes you used it when the kill was nearly guaranteed.

4-You facechecked the brush when Maokai didn't have a sappling on it. Considering you were fighting Jax and Yi, this is deadly 90% of the time. You really, really need to play safer with sion n early game. AP sion really needs his items before he does anything, your second or death happened because you overextended yourself autoattacking minions close to the enemy turret, were Jax ad Yi (two champions that can practicaly teleport to you if you're in range, while doing damage) would be safe to pounce on you. Even if you stunned one, the other would kill you, as you had less then half of your health left.

5-At one point you tried to gank jax and yi from behind since jax had baout 30% of his HP, without warning Maokai. While he should've at least looked at the map and rushed to help you, it wouldn't hurt to warn him beforehand. That was mostly Maokai's fault though, if he did charged in to help you, jax would be dead, or you wouldn't have died in vain, in the very least.

6-One of the biggest mistakes you and maokai made was not letting enemy minions push. Playing close to tower is alot better for champions like maokai and sion, since jax and yi are melee aggressive champions, and being at tower would deny them of XP and last hitting while stopping most of their harassment. You guys were keeping their minions at the enemy tower, giving them ALOT of free ground to jump on you and just stomp you to death. Be glad they didn't know what they were doing, or else they'd have stomped you right out of the early game.

Considering this, all I can say is that you really need to play safer during the early game. Jax and Yi are very aggressive carry champions, level 1 Maokai  and Sion really don't have the power to go toe to toe with them and win realiably, as both champions need their items. Altough Jax and Yi are both weak during the early game, they still have a higher damage then both of you, and their champions spells were both tailored for a first blood (Yi had both exhaust and ignite). What you should/could have done working on last hitting minions on the early game while harassing them if needed/possible.

At one point Jax was level 4 while you were level 1, and he also had 4 kills and 1 death before the game hit the 15 minute mark. Considering how dangerous jax and yi can be if they get a good early game, this is really, really bad.

TL;DR play safer during early game, be aggressive when you can actualy kill them and get out alive. It wouldnt even take that long, all you needed was boots and sheen.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: April 27, 2011, 02:16:36 pm »

Dying for first blood is fine, provided you actually get first blood.

You get 100 more gold than the enemy.

Again, provided you can actually get the first blood.

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: April 27, 2011, 02:39:13 pm »

dont feed ^_^
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: April 27, 2011, 02:44:21 pm »

I almost got it, I didn't actually meant to use the Flash right then.  If I remember correctly what happened anyhow.  Yeah, that was bad.  OK, let's see how it goes this time.

Edit:  RAEPED!!!!  I WAS RAEPED!!!!  At least I did better, all of my deaths led to Jax getting a kill or two.  Stupid Annie Yi mix :(
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:20:25 pm by V-Norrec »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: April 27, 2011, 03:52:39 pm »

Sion and Jax lane... that's... pretty horrible. I wouldn't want to fight that.

What level are you anyway Norrec?

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: April 27, 2011, 03:53:44 pm »

i just fought sion and jax with brand and malzahar

worked out hilariously well for us.

but they probably sucked overrall.

jax would jump on me like when we hit lvl 6 or so and id just release all my abilities right on top of myself.... and hed nearly insta die lol

one of these battles i walked away from the fight with 10 health after just barely killing jax though ^)^
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:56:37 pm by Journier »

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: April 27, 2011, 04:13:40 pm »

Brand is fun in a certain way, his abilities offer a great deal of options when combining them in different orders and with different targets, but other than that i didn't find him particularly fun to play besides those certain moments where you land your combo perfectly.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: April 27, 2011, 04:25:54 pm »

Brand is fun in a certain way, his abilities offer a great deal of options when combining them in different orders and with different targets, but other than that i didn't find him particularly fun to play besides those certain moments where you land your combo perfectly.

he seems super squishy as well.

high dps usually, but my god ^_^ i get quite concentrated on in team battles to the point i rage.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: April 27, 2011, 04:29:15 pm »

Zhonya can help that, sure it's short but once they can't target you for that split second most people switch targets immediately and forget to switch back once you snap out of it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: April 27, 2011, 04:32:35 pm »

Brand has VERY large range and base stats higher then other casters. He isn't as squishy as other casters/carries.

Also, zhonya's is a no go if the enemy team is mostly magic damage. Had a lot of brands make that mistake.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: April 27, 2011, 04:53:28 pm »

I'm level 21, almost 22.  Sion and Jax was against Yi and Annie.  It worked out great for our Jax, he was consistently getting two kills and ending with 60% or more health.  I kept getting focused down while they ignored Jax.  I mean, overall it was definitely a net benefit for our team, but it was terrible for me as Sion.The rest of the team was terrible though so we ended up surrendering at 20 because we couldn't push as Jax and I were the only ones who did a good job in our lane.  Even then while we were both b they knocked our tower down so even we weren't doing THAT great.

The entire enemy team was Twisted Fate, Kog'Maw, Master Yi, Annie, and Brand.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: April 27, 2011, 05:01:36 pm »

Brand has VERY large range and base stats higher then other casters. He isn't as squishy as other casters/carries.

Also, zhonya's is a no go if the enemy team is mostly magic damage. Had a lot of brands make that mistake.
Not particularly. Zhonya's is called the ultimate defense for a reason. And it's ridiculously amazing for characters who always get focused.

Karthus loves it. Brand loves it. Kennen loves it. Anyone who normally dies in 2 hits and uses lots of AP loves it.

The amount of horrible juking you can inflict on someone with correct use of Zhonya's is extraordinary.

An example:

If you are Brand and are doing 40% of the entire team's damage. The enemy wants to kill you ASAP. Akali dives you, takes you down to 10% health using all her freaking skills. You Zhonya. Now what? She's freaking dead. She essentially wasted all her skills doing nothing because by the time you come out of Zhonya's, the teamfight will be half over. No one will be able to switch focus to you either because all the skills have been used. It's like a guardian angel for AP characters. It's a great, great item.

Another example:

You are Kennen. The enemy wants to rape your tiny face with a horrendous raping tool because you're a horrible, painbringing monster. You initiate teamfight and jump into 5 of them and blast ALL your skills doing 1000 damage to everybody in 1 second along with mass stuns. Activate Zhonya while your team catches up and all your spells cooldown. What's the enemy going to do? Cry like little girls, that's what.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: April 27, 2011, 05:10:10 pm »

Not particularly. Zhonya's is called the ultimate defense for a reason. And it's ridiculously amazing for characters who always get focused.

Karthus loves it. Brand loves it. Kennen loves it. Anyone who normally dies in 2 hits and uses lots of AP loves it.

The amount of horrible juking you can inflict on someone with correct use of Zhonya's is extraordinary.

An example:

If you are Brand and are doing 40% of the entire team's damage. The enemy wants to kill you ASAP. Akali dives you, takes you down to 10% health using all her freaking skills. You Zhonya. Now what? She's freaking dead. She essentially wasted all her skills doing nothing because by the time you come out of Zhonya's, the teamfight will be half over. No one will be able to switch focus to you either because all the skills have been used. It's like a guardian angel for AP characters. It's a great, great item.
well aside from one of her abilities being a long invisibility and the ability to dash to things, she is quite alive, but I see the point your trying to make. However your making it a perfect situation for zhonyas to be used. The way you said it, it sounded like brand got to use all his abilities, then akali rushed him after  he used his abilities, then he activated zhonyas, and his team killed akali and won the teamfight.

Then you have bursters. They do magic damage, and fast. Some with CC like Malz, zhonyas won't save you there but MR could do a world of good.

What I'm trying to say is that zhonyas has a good amount of armor, if you buy it just for the active and aren't getting hit by a physical attack, your wasting some gold.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 05:36:05 pm by Micro102 »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: April 27, 2011, 05:14:16 pm »

Isn't that the point of buying an item with an active? All items with actives are subpar if you don't actually use the actives.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 165