Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165257 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #2115 on: April 26, 2011, 04:46:14 pm »

Better make it quick SalmonGod, my cleavers have about 3 second cooldown.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: April 26, 2011, 04:51:48 pm »

Better make it quick SalmonGod, my cleavers have about 3 second cooldown.

Three seconds is a long time in LoL.  Mundo is very squishy in the very beginning, at least the way I play him.  You have amazing harass ability, in fact I consider Maokai the only character who can out harass me early game.  But if you get caught in a bad position, you're basically fucked until you've built up some HP, unless a teammate with some hard cc or intimidation can bail you out.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: April 26, 2011, 04:59:51 pm »

A brief list of champions who excel at dealing extreme damage within 3 seconds:
Akali, Anivia, Annie, Brand, Cho'Gath, Corki, Irelia, Jax, Kassadin, Katarina, Kennen, LeBlanc, Lux, Malzahar, Nocturne, Pantheon, Shaco, Sion, Veigar, Xin Zhao

3 seconds is an eternity in LoL time. :P

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2118 on: April 26, 2011, 05:01:48 pm »

A brief list of champions who excel at dealing extreme damage within 3 seconds:
Akali, Anivia, Annie, Brand, Cho'Gath, Corki, Irelia, Jax, Kassadin, Katarina, Kennen, LeBlanc, Lux, Malzahar, Nocturne, Pantheon, Shaco, Sion, Veigar, Xin Zhao

3 seconds is an eternity in LoL time. :P

Karthus says Hi with 0.6 sec cooldown Q which deals 500 damage per bomb. Also, Defile.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: April 26, 2011, 05:06:16 pm »

Not untill late game. Zilean and Xin zhao can do that much earlier in the game, in 3 seconds or less. Hell, with enough armor pen xin zhao can pull it off at level 1 with his three talon strike.

EDIT: Oops, somehow my brain saw that as 300 damage. But yea, anyway, thats half of most champion's health at level 1, more then half for squishies, thats why he's a first blood machine if he's well paired.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 05:10:25 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: April 26, 2011, 05:11:30 pm »

Karthus says Hi with 0.6 sec cooldown Q which deals 500 damage per bomb. Also, Defile.

Yeah, but I don't afraid of Karthus :P

Early game, cleaver does better damage than his Q, and it's easier to dodge.  Late game, defile is like a nice soak in a hot tub, and the Q bombs are those little massaging water jets.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: April 26, 2011, 05:16:47 pm »

Early game, cleaver does better damage than his Q, and it's easier to dodge.  Late game, defile is like a nice soak in a hot tub, and the Q bombs are those little massaging water jets.

I think SalmonGod is a pretty cool guy, eh tanks Karthus and doesn't afraid of anything.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2122 on: April 26, 2011, 05:27:52 pm »

Tell me, how often are you against a Karthus?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: April 26, 2011, 05:35:46 pm »

I think SalmonGod is a pretty cool guy, eh tanks Karthus and doesn't afraid of anything.

Not me.  Mundo!

Not terribly often, but enough total occurances to know how it works out.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #2124 on: April 26, 2011, 05:51:17 pm »

Not me.  Mundo!

Not terribly often, but enough total occurances to know how it works out.

Me as a player who once had Karthus as his Main champ knows how he works. He hasn't been changed pretty much at all, so I haven't had problems with it.

The bomb deals heavy damage on low cooldown, has low mana cost. Very, very good harassing ability. But it deals double damage if he hits you alone: In a 1 vs 1 he will deal huge amount of damage.

Wall of pain reduces your armor and magic resistance by a very large bit, so he becomes even more dangerous. If he rolls with Lichbane, have fun. Also, huge-ass slow.
Rylai's Scepter + Defile = Don't escape from him at all, and he hits all of his bombs since you're too slow to dodge 'em.

And if you Do manage to bail out of the situation, LOL REQUIEMED :dddddd

Most karthuses are known for killstealing with R early on, and then becoming unstoppable with the godly damage on it once fed: Real Karthuses however, always hit their target with Lay Waste, and because they're pr0s with Karthus, they place the bombs so you receive double dmg.

His ganks, godlike. THe slows and damage kill many un-aware enemies, and with his R it is very easy to catch them even if they escape to the tower.

Did I mention that Rabadon + 5 Archangel's Staves make him a real god?

Now, did you get any new info of him or did I make this post for nothing D:

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: April 26, 2011, 06:05:54 pm »

Yeah, I like to play Karthus whenever he's free.  He's a very strong champion.  The thing is, Mundo can handle consistent pokes, even fairly strong ones like a well-placed Karth Q bomb (what is that ability actually called?... cant remember).  It's heavy burst damage nukes like Ryze and Annie that give him early game trouble.  Then late game, Mundo just stands up to AP damage better than anyone else in the game, IMO.  I'd estimate that half the games I've played Mundo with an enemy Karthus in mid, my teammate will ask me to take over against him.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: April 26, 2011, 06:21:19 pm »

Yeah, I like to play Karthus whenever he's free.

He's free right now, I've been having a load of fun with him.

It was a good intro to him I had. Figthing another first timer karthus. He couldn't land the bombs as well as I could (I found playing cho'gath helped alot with the placement of the bombs), so placing one behind them, they hear the noise, they run back, land on bomb. And doing like 60 odd damage on lvl 1 if you land it on them by themselves is ridiculous.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: April 26, 2011, 06:27:09 pm »

so placing one behind them, they hear the noise, they run back, land on bomb.

Learning not to do this is really important.  I've developed a habit when playing against Cho, Karth, and the like to charge at them when they activate those abilities.  It throws most opponents off pretty drastically and some never learn to adjust.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: April 26, 2011, 06:29:33 pm »

I've found that Gangplank's cannon barrage is close to useless for team battles. Unless you've gone into AP, cannon balls won't do much damage at all. It's a good farming tool, though.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: April 26, 2011, 06:30:40 pm »

so placing one behind them, they hear the noise, they run back, land on bomb.

Learning not to do this is really important.  I've developed a habit when playing against Cho, Karth, and the like to charge at them when they activate those abilities.  It throws most opponents off pretty drastically and some never learn to adjust.

The trick to a good cho'gath is to constantly mix it up, if you keep landing it behind them then they get wise.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 165