Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 165246 times)

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #2085 on: April 25, 2011, 04:25:50 pm »

The patch preview will be "fixing" Gangplank. Reducing his cannon barrage AoE, making the parrley "less bursty" and removing his ability to deny. However, just running into his cannon barrage will now slow, regardless of whether a cannonball hits or not. Parrley also has a lesser cooldown, and Raise Morale has been significantly buffed. Any opinions?

My thoughts on Gangplank's rework:

Parrrley: Less cooldown less damage, this isn't to my liking. Now it will just be a low CD, buffed ranged attack for him. It used to be bit more than that, as it had higher cooldown and more damage.

Remove Scurvy: Less heal earlier, more later on. I think this hurts my gameplay a little earlier on, but after lvl 7 should work better. Overall, I like the changes to it.

Raise Morale: The funniest thing with laning as Gangplank was to deny your enemies. Riot removed this, and I am sad now. Hopefully the buffs to it will be great enough to compensate.

Cannon Barrage: Good God I hated when I placed my ulti in a good place, and it did nothing. Less AoE, sure, but much more reliable. Me lieks.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: April 25, 2011, 04:55:49 pm »

Yet another example of matchmaking being pure luck based.

Great game going on, leading the enemy 15 kills. Teemo dies once, ragequits after calling us noobs for letting him die. We then lose 4v5. Whoop whoop.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #2087 on: April 25, 2011, 04:57:08 pm »

Denying is a stupid mechanic anyway. I'm glad to see it gone entirely.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: April 25, 2011, 06:31:41 pm »

Here's a tip if you ever want to counterjungle: make sure you stand inside bushes.

I was trying to counterjungle a Yi by taking his blue. I put a ward in the blue golem bushes and decided, for some bizzare reason, to stand where golem would spawn. Then the enemy Rammus casually walked by to check the entrance of golem and saw me standing there. Derp. Counterjungling plans completely foiled.

Later on that Master Yi got super freaking fed. He completed his build by the 30th minute and could crit for 800 damage every .5 seconds. Unfortunately for him, we had a Galio and a Karthus.

Galio + Karthus + Superfed Yi (and the rest of his team) = PENTAKILL!!!!!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: April 25, 2011, 07:05:54 pm »

And it happens again, no matter how much you scream at your team to get some survivability they all still go derp and build nothing but damage untill the very last five minutes where they get the token negatron cloak and promptly die to overfed garen who somehow managed to get 20 SoO stacks :(
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: April 25, 2011, 07:18:39 pm »

I would like to fight a Garen that has 20 SoO stacks. xD I have honestly never seen it before haha but considering how easy it is to killsteal as Garen... it does make sense. :P

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: April 25, 2011, 07:33:48 pm »

That's nothing, i've encountered quite an interesting Garen the other day, he took Leviathan and SoO early on and kept them untill the last third of the game i think, they were usually around 10 stacks or so, esentially giving him a BF sword and a GB for less money, after he had enough, he sold them and got Inf edge and something else, GA i think.

Also, something interesting i was playing with today, ultra pusher Morde, basically getting AoL, so he murders minion waves and his now empowered buddies push extra hard ^^
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: April 25, 2011, 07:46:15 pm »

If you guys wanted to watch the ESL Major Series for the qualifiers into the World Championships (more specifically, Europe vs North America matches), the replays are here: http://www.youtube.com/user/colbycheeze#p/u/1/nEfTx1hKkBQ

I recommend them if you want to see super high level play and the clash of strategy between what is popular in the US vs what is popular in EU.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: April 25, 2011, 10:20:41 pm »

Rumble's Champion spotlight is out... And we get another Tanky champion that can also do damage.

Anyway, Dreadknight Nasus, brah.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 10:22:46 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Fishbreath

• Bay Watcher
  • [AVATAR HERE]
    • View Profile
    • Many Words
« Reply #2094 on: April 26, 2011, 12:15:16 am »

Blargh. Nasus is really hard to lane against people with range. He can't really poke back.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: April 26, 2011, 01:04:40 am »

Patch notes released: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/news/release-notes-v100116

- Erm... it actually looks like Alistar got nerfed... He gets a lot more AOE damage though but the base stats are... kinda crap.
- Caitlyn got some nice buffs. Ultimate costs so much less and has so much more range (almost Nocturne range)
- Ezreal buffed. Guh... this guy is going to hurt even more now...
- Fiddle buff
- GP SUPER buff. "Activating Raise Morale grants Gangplank 14/18/22/26/30% movement speed and 20/28/36/44/52 attack damage" (!!!!!!!!)
- minor Ryze buff and nerf
- Sona's slow increased dramatically
- Xin Zhao buffs
- Randuin's Omen not useless any more, but still much weaker and more expensive than what it used to be.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: April 26, 2011, 01:10:14 am »

Just had a 55 min rape fest as Mundo.  This was one of those rare occassions where they had so much trouble killing me, I was able to afford a Phantom Dancer without sacrificing any survivability.  Ended with best score in the game. 

I basically destroyed everyone on their team and could take any combination of them on at least 3 at a time and win... but they had a Veigar that could insta-kill anyone on my team.  So it ended up with us pushing, everyone but me dying, me defending, us pushing... repeat... until I got my phantom dancer and started diving behind their lines so fast that even veigar and teemo couldn't get away from me with their speed boosts.  At that point I just killed them over and over while my teammates dealt with their tanks.  Enemy team also had a vastly inferior Mundo, so that was fun.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1r8kp9klt92zu4x/Mundo%204-26-2011.lrf
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: April 26, 2011, 02:19:03 am »

Just started Mundoing today and good god this is fun.

Tanking Baron? No problem.

Tanking Tower? No problem.

Tanking Glass Cannon Gangplank/Akali and their Jax? No. Problem.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: April 26, 2011, 09:09:16 am »

I wouldn't call the Alistar changes a nerf actually, I think the biggest thing there is being able to headbutt minions now. It means you basically have a Malphite ult as your basic skills; and you don't have to knock champions away to catch up to them anymore.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: April 26, 2011, 09:29:56 am »

Basically lowering his stats slightly while greatly improving his overall utility, and depending on the type of damage trample does it could be combined with Rylai for a great AOE slow in teamfights and chases.
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 165