Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 164957 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #480 on: January 25, 2011, 04:25:43 am »

Seeing Rammus is free this week i wanted to try out an AP build, any advice on doing that.I was thinking of getting Rylai's, Archangel and Deathcap for AP and Warmogs, Randouins and possibly Force of Nature.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 25, 2011, 06:37:19 am »

You can play AP Rammus just like Kennen. Get Zhonya's as first item. For the armor and invincibility.

Then Rylai as second, so that everyone is permaslowed.

You don't *really* need Archangels but Deathcap is a good third item. By this point the game should be over and you should have enough AP to gib towers in half an ultimate.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #482 on: January 25, 2011, 03:34:45 pm »

Rammus has so low mana pool that Archangel's staff will be useful on him if going AP.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 26, 2011, 08:03:55 pm »

Riot devs at work! Enter Shurelia. No, I'm not trolling, its actualy her. She took the vid down but some guy reuploaded it.

Alternatively:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Admitely it was more the other team's lack of ability then my own nom nom noming prowess, basicaly pantheon left after dying to me 3 times in a row at top. After that I was so fed nothing could stop me, literally, I'd go into kennen's ultimate to melee herhim, wait till it was over, and nom nom nom.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 10:17:52 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 26, 2011, 11:30:45 pm »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 26, 2011, 11:35:24 pm »

Terrifying isn't it? Even more when you know its actualy HER.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 27, 2011, 03:43:07 pm »

Riot devs at work! Enter Shurelia. No, I'm not trolling, its actualy her. She took the vid down but some guy reuploaded it.

I could watch only about ten seconds of that before I had to close the window...

I bared with 20.

They actually let her design champions you know............. I hate you riot.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 27, 2011, 03:53:04 pm »

That video makes me belive that i have a chance to become a designer there, although it would probably mean interacting with her on a daily basis *shudder*

Also, am i the only one who is reminded of her (well you see her at the end of the video, and hear her a bit sooner :D )
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 28, 2011, 05:58:10 am »

An ace is killing the last living person on the enemy team and probably means you should push like mad, though occasionally it doesn't.

Haunting Guise is one of those items you get and then rotate out at the end of your Vlad build.

Presently herping and derping as Morgana.

I find the Bind, Soilboil, /Laugh Maniacally combo to be a great improvement over he standard Bind-Soilboil.

I loved how her ultimate did work with Guardian Angel (does it still work?) and with zhonjas ring (now zhonjas hourglass).

God, I'm such a troll as Morgana. Autoattack someone with a ranged CC/magic damage (Nunu is a favorite) until they fire it, then Alt+E for the lewls.

Ultimate + GA got patched out fairly recently but Zhonya's still works :D
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 28, 2011, 12:08:03 pm »

Zhonya's works for all ultimates as long as you dont have to move or autoattack, IE it still works for fiddlesticks, galio, morg, nunu, etc.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 28, 2011, 06:27:33 pm »

Zhonya's works for all ultimates as long as you dont have to move or autoattack, IE it still works for fiddlesticks, galio, morg, nunu, etc.

Channeled. If a hard CC interrupts you (e.g. Durand, Kat's Spin To Win, Nunu's "Herpaderp I share an icon with Anivia's Egg Timer") then a Zhonya's does to.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 29, 2011, 05:06:06 am »

Would any of you have advice on what to do when someone on your team goes jungling, leaving you alone against 2, and you get so much harass that you are denied half the xp ? Cuz it happened to me several times recently, and its very frustrating... basically the jungler is completely safe while you risk your ass, and if you die, they blame you for feeding.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 29, 2011, 05:59:33 am »

Would any of you have advice on what to do when someone on your team goes jungling, leaving you alone against 2, and you get so much harass that you are denied half the xp ? Cuz it happened to me several times recently, and its very frustrating... basically the jungler is completely safe while you risk your ass, and if you die, they blame you for feeding.

It's called solo laning. Basically you play someone tough/good escape mechanism/healing/long ranged attack/ ultimate that can deal with 2 lvl 4-5's, to solo lane (or just get vlad who has all those things). It really depends on what champion you are. All champions can do it but some will be denied heavily. The trick is to run around and not last hit, just soak up exp and get ready to run if things look bad. Then you wait for the minions to arrive at your turret and don't do anything but last hit. You will end up reaching level 6 before them, and your team will have an overall higher level (if the other team isn't jungling).

Also they tend to have always overextended, so if one ever hits ~ half health, call for a gank. If one ports back, you are a higher level so call for a gank if they are still pushing, or do what they did to you and deny them exp.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 29, 2011, 06:00:30 am »

The jungler is far from completely safe. The jungler puts his neck on the line to provide you with:

Frequent and unpredictable ganks (which, if they are unsuccessful, he will be blamed for regardless of whose fault it was
Two extra lane's worth of exp and gold (the second solo lane's, and his own) in most situations (that is, if he isn't heavily counterjungled, he isn't ganked, his teammates don't overextend like idiots and die for it, his teammates call MIAs so he doesn't get jumped, etc.)
A lane that will be nearly impossible for the enemy not to overextend in (if you have a Denyplank in their 2, you're boned though)
Extra control over dragon (190 gold to 5 champions = 950 = 3 champion kills of gold = YES PLEASE)

A jungler is always in danger because the major threats to him are as unpredictable as he is to the enemy.

He risks being jumped by an enemy jungler at higher health, having his buffs stolen and getting his jungle run gimped, being ganked, having his own gank attempts interrupted by enemy junglers or roaming gankers, being blamed for his team's failures, and being assumed to be unimportant by people like you.

Watch these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7DfqdJ_HVo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEtWVVmcNOc

Then decide whether or not to continue complaining.

Also, if you're not good enough to manage a 1v2 or you're a poor champion for it (e.g. Garen, Singed, people who can't stop their tower from being pushed, people who can't last hit while doing so, etc.) then you have no business being there.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 29, 2011, 08:56:26 am »

I know all these things. It happened with tristana, which has good escape mechanisms, and most of the time i can solo lane properly (and i enjoy the extra xp), but sometimes i'm facing champions that can, and will, harass me all the time (often staying in the bushes and blinking out with a cc, or using long range/aoe skills, or using stealth), preventing me from getting close enough to get xp, and towerdiving me when i hug the tower. Of course, with tristana i can escape safely most of the time, but i run out of mana too fast and i get low hp too often, meaning i have to back all the time to survive, and i don't even benefit from the extra xp of the solo lane.

So the question is, how can i solo lane when i'm facing champions able to zone me out completely?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 165