Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 164974 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #450 on: January 22, 2011, 08:48:56 pm »

Met two jungle Yi's today while we were being dumb (Spell Pen Mordekaiser and Lanewick ftw!). First was on our team, and because we held our own for the entire first half of the game (he came out and ganked successfully a few times because we let the enemy overextend), he had lots of time to farm up and get all his core build. Then he basically raped everyone. Our job in teamfights was to cc people that Master Yi would rape. :P

Second jungle Yi was on the enemy team. We crushed their lanes so badly that Yi had to keep coming out to help his teammates and by the end of the game, he was so underfed that Mordekaiser didn't even want a ghost of him because it was so crap.

Good times.

If anyone wants to join us in FUN LoL games, just add me on Steam or LoL EU and give us a ring. Playing with friends is way better than playing by yourself imho. Less raging. Everyone is nice.

'cept when you act like my mother.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 22, 2011, 08:59:46 pm »

What can I do when you take revive AS Twisted Fate :P

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 22, 2011, 09:14:48 pm »

I'm tired of solo queue.
I've gotten solo lane as cho twice in a row, warwick as jungler both times. Both times I facerolled the 2 bottom champions, both times  I have pushed the turret by myself. Then top and mid fail to deliver, and then teamfights start and and they die like flies and feed the enemy team to high heavens. What do they do? Blame cho.

Even though I facerolled 2 enemies and pushed a lane, alone. At one point there were 4 people down my lane trying to get my turret, and they were out there... Being held back by panth apparently, while I desperately held 4/5 of the enemy team alone.

This is why playing tanks can be very rage inducing. You do your thing, hold lanes, save people, take ultimates with your face, expecting all those squishy, highly damaging champions on your team do something. And they don't, and you cant carry their faces because you're a tank and you are already probably doing more then you should.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 22, 2011, 09:42:18 pm »

Obvious answer: Mute everybody.

As an aside, the annoyance with solo queue is kinda' amusing to me, as a former WC3 player. In the custom maps, about the only thing you had was the equivalent of solo queue. You did your best, took your lumps, and /ignored everyone you needed to. You didn't play to win, or lose, because that which prefigured victory or defeat was both completely random and outside your control (read, the other players), so you played to chill, do as well as you could, and try out new things.

It does kinda' sound like LoL's attempt at balancing is somehow backfiring, though. Chances of victory were probably near even in public DotA, despite no balancing whatsoever (and frequently losing half the players to leavers ::)).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 23, 2011, 12:23:28 pm »

Oh and the magic DPS TF works really well.
Had a lot of nice games with him lately.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 23, 2011, 12:27:52 pm »

Do you guys know how hard it is to push against a team that has two fortifies and three teleports?
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #456 on: January 23, 2011, 02:16:33 pm »

Do you guys know how hard it is to push against a team that has two fortifies and three teleports?

No, but do you know how hard it is to push when the premade enemy team has 5 tanks, and all of them have revive + teleport?
It is really fucking hard.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 23, 2011, 02:30:57 pm »

No, but do you know how hard it is to push when the premade enemy team has 5 tanks, and all of them have revive + teleport?
It is really fucking hard.
Did they win?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 23, 2011, 02:53:17 pm »

Probably not. Trying to ace the tanks is nearly impossible but all they have to do is ace you once to destroy an entire lane.

Tanks are simply OP.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 23, 2011, 03:43:12 pm »

Probably not. Trying to ace the tanks is nearly impossible but all they have to do is ace you once to destroy an entire lane.

Tanks are simply OP.

Madrids blood razor

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 23, 2011, 04:28:15 pm »

I love when a match goes well for my Morde and our Caitly says that i'm a tank and i should not be getting kills :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 23, 2011, 04:34:45 pm »

If the tank's getting kills, it's not the tank's fault :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 23, 2011, 04:38:09 pm »

Played a couple of games of ARAM (All Random All Mid). It's entertaining and a lot less stressful than regular LoL.

The rules are:
1. All mid, all random
2. No jungling
3. No bluepills / returning to base unless you die
4. No entering brush
5. No snowball items

First game I got Evelynn. EVELYNN!!! Of all characters! It was horrible. Got crushed. Very hard to play Eve when you can't flank your enemy and every single opponent buys vision wards.

Second game I got Janna. It was so damn easy. Along with our Kayle, our carries would never ever die. And Janna's godly poking abilities made it so the enemy team would always engage us with such crappy health. We had a Gangplank too, who was happily denying them till kingdom come. Since every single person is in mid, denying is super effective and the enemy team was so far behind us in exp.

Third game I got Rammus. Was a dumb game. Our team was a whole bunch of characters with zero poking skills. So we would sit there and get roasted alive and when the teamfight came, we'd all be at less than half health and basically die. We also had no DPS and every single person was AP. So the enemy team just got some MR and we became crap.

Last game I got Alistar. My ping was 431. The only thing I could do was be a walking health dispenser because all my skills were so freaking laggy. We got a Caitlyn though and a Singed, so our harassment and actual initiations were amazing. Caitlyn is awesome in ARAM because of her early game power. Occassionally I could use my skills, but generally, with 400+ ping, my best talent was to build tonnes of tanky items and just walk into the enemy team hoping something happened. It usually did. Was a good game. Total heals at the end of it was 43000+hp just from Alistar.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 23, 2011, 09:08:02 pm »

Lol

I made a vladimir QQ so hard he added me just to rage and look at my match history and etc. I added him back, I want him to printscreen everything and post somewhere.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This after a game in which I went around 5/11/8 as cho, because I had to tank everything with my face because the other tank was an AD mord. Basically I told them they can't just melee the inhibitor to death ignoring the enemy team (and the other lanes) completely because that would just get them killed over and over, and told them to peel the enemy team and pick off easy targets first, and probably farm a bit more. But they just kept doing the same thing, and dying twice to kill each turret. Turns out they all got slaughtered over and over and the enemy won in an awesome comeback.

So Vlad, who went mid and died to ashe, rushed warmogs as his first item and bought another one later on, complained so hard it was hilarious. Amid 3 pages of random insults I said a single "lolol QQ moar" and he went in a spiral of "OMFG U SUCK NAB". So much he added me after the fight to keep doing it. I added him, he's too fun.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:17:49 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 23, 2011, 11:49:42 pm »

Ahhh, warmogs Vladimirs. Don't you just love them?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 165