Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 165

Author Topic: League of Legends  (Read 164967 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends
« Reply #465 on: January 24, 2011, 03:45:37 am »

Deathcap vlad seems better. Warmogs gives way more health but the AP at full stacks in only ~54. Meanwhile deathcap gives you 30% more AP and along with that AP, you get more health from your heal.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 24, 2011, 03:48:59 am »

Played as Vladimir for the first time last night. Went 17/16/10, loss. Mainly cause their Veigar would tear my rear end open and we had a Renekthon and a BVlitz that never seemed to do anything useful.

No warmogs. One triple kill. Went Haunting Guise Ionian Boots Crystal Scepter Spirit Visage Deathcap then MR out of my butt. Wasn't enough

Yeah Vlad is sorta easy mode if yiou know how to play him.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 24, 2011, 04:37:19 am »

I've decided I should raise smurfs to level 5 on weeks that Vlad is free, because you will annihilate everyone in sight because they have no idea how to stop him at level 1.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 24, 2011, 05:39:36 am »

After two games with the crocodile i must say he is very fun, still getting the hang of it (and dying a lot) but his style of play suits me nicely :)
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 24, 2011, 02:14:58 pm »

I'm getting the hang of renekton, you just need  to know when to use his W and his ultimate. His ultimate does tons of magic damage.

The hardest part of playing him is early game laning if the enemy laners are ranged, you'll get harassed to no end without being able to fight back unless your lane partner can counter harass or till you get your ultimate, wen you can wait till their HP is a bit low, rush in, pop a charged W on then, while your ult is on.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #470 on: January 24, 2011, 02:31:30 pm »

I haven't really seen Renektons do bad, one game both my team's and my enemy Renektons were doing awfully. Other times he has always either carried whole team or done otherwise well.

And all of them usually build not "DPS", not "Tank", not in the between, but they build "Phreak". That means everything Phreak told to get in his spotlight --> they will get.

I've been playing Malzahar 4 or 5 times this week, and thrice I carried my team and the other times I did fine but not perfectly. Usually enemies facerolled us by we having bad teamwork or someone feeding.
I've seen the trend of sometimes feeding enemy myself, but pretty much never as Malzahar, I always do better than bad as him. Anyone else get this effect on someone else perhaps?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 24, 2011, 02:40:34 pm »

My friend got a build going with him that I believe is better then phreak's, if similar. Start with doran shield, boots of speed, heart of gold, finish boots, brutalizer, ghostblade, turn heart of gold into randuin's, then follow up with whatever else you need. Randuin's and ghostblade will allow you to keep close to people while your ultimate rapes their HP, then just use your charged W and E to suplement the damage and anything that isn't a tank will be dead by the time your ult is over.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 02:47:00 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 24, 2011, 03:38:53 pm »

Probably not. Trying to ace the tanks is nearly impossible but all they have to do is ace you once to destroy an entire lane.

Tanks are simply OP.

Madrids blood razor

Because of MR, madreds blood razor actually does less damage to tanks then it does to squishies. Note that is less damage to a unit with more health. Same with all the armor/magic penetration and % health magic based damage. It's more effective on squishies then tanks, mainly due to the shift in how armor and MR work.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 24, 2011, 03:40:31 pm »

I've never figured out what exactly it means to ace someone.

Also, I've been trying to learn Vlad since he is free and not having much luck. Any advice?

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 24, 2011, 03:47:28 pm »

Wiping out all of the enemy team, I believe.

Also, I've been trying to learn Vlad since he is free and not having much luck. Any advice?

Pretty good guide.
Could you be more specific, about what you're having problems with?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: January 24, 2011, 10:52:48 pm »

Spam Q, and when in trouble, pool. Congrads you just mastered vlad.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 24, 2011, 10:57:03 pm »

My wife and I may finally play this: Cooperative (comp-stomp) mode on the way. RockPaperShotgun article. Sounds pretty interesting for some non-competitive fun. Note that this is not the same as the old-school practice mode.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: January 25, 2011, 12:18:58 am »

Wiping out all of the enemy team, I believe.
I could have sworn I’ve seen aces happen just from a one on one, but I could be mistaken. I thought it was always “you ace me” not “you ace us”.

Pretty good guide.
Could you be more specific, about what you're having problems with?
My problem is the same with most carries/casters (other than Karthus), people who can close quick or people who can harass. Getting down to half health on a squishy is basically just asking for death. Staying above half health means sacrificing farming.

Some things in the guide helped. I hadn’t given much thought to what happens with your zone of control after you use transfusion. Also, I think haunting guise is an excellent item for vlad. I had been going for Rylai’s Scepter first, but I think guise might be a better first item. I should probably start getting some straight up AP runes too.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 25, 2011, 03:42:54 am »

An ace is killing the last living person on the enemy team and probably means you should push like mad, though occasionally it doesn't.

Haunting Guise is one of those items you get and then rotate out at the end of your Vlad build.

Presently herping and derping as Morgana.

I find the Bind, Soilboil, /Laugh Maniacally combo to be a great improvement over he standard Bind-Soilboil.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: January 25, 2011, 03:51:47 am »

An ace is killing the last living person on the enemy team and probably means you should push like mad, though occasionally it doesn't.

Haunting Guise is one of those items you get and then rotate out at the end of your Vlad build.

Presently herping and derping as Morgana.

I find the Bind, Soilboil, /Laugh Maniacally combo to be a great improvement over he standard Bind-Soilboil.

I loved how her ultimate did work with Guardian Angel (does it still work?) and with zhonjas ring (now zhonjas hourglass).
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 165