Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212140 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1350 on: March 03, 2015, 02:06:46 pm »

The Brains in a tank are just as intelligent then as they were back when they were human. Their odd personalities are explained by the game (at least if you don't skip dialog).

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 03, 2015, 02:09:16 pm »

I have to say it is kind of funny...

In that no matter what you do in Fallout New Vegas... things just end up worse to the extent where you might as well stayed home. (another reason why Fallout 3 is the superior game!)

I mean people joke about games where you might as well stayed home all the time... but Fallout New Vegas is exactly that.

Things were FAR better when the three people were just in a continuous unwinnable war with each other.

EDIT: I also agree with Neonivek that base game vs base game 3 is still way better.

I think the fact that this thread has randomly blown up about the decisions of New Vegas as opposed to 3 is proof that it's the better game. The decisions in 3 are essentially black and white with you forced to do things which make little sense. Why even do all the shit you do if you want to side with the Enclave in the end? How the fuck is your father unsaveable after sacrificing himself to kill someone who lives?

Honestly its only coming up because new vegas has more connection to the original fallout lore. I like 3 waaaaaay better than new vegas. To the point where I refuse to play new vegas any more.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 03, 2015, 02:16:25 pm »

What killed New Vegas for me is that if you don't have the expansions...

the ONLY thing New Vegas has is the main storyline. Otherwise it is a much more boring game.

I remember in Fallout 3 when I was attacked by a group of Bandits, the same I fought at the start, and I was surprised how much stronger I got.

Then I played New Vegas and the only random encounters I got were always against 1-3 enemies... Always 1-3...

If New Vegas didn't have that New World Blues expansion I would have been completely disappointed. New World Blues SAVED the game.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 03, 2015, 05:27:35 pm »

You should definitely skip Honest Hearts, then.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 03, 2015, 05:40:11 pm »

the ONLY thing New Vegas has is the main storyline. Otherwise it is a much more boring game.

"I'm looking for my father. Middle aged guy. Have you seen him?"
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 03, 2015, 05:43:30 pm »

I remember being really disappointed with a lot of the locations. FO3 didn't, like, blow my mind, but I remember some fun bunkers and caves and stuff. NV seemed more realistic, but to the same token, a lot more bland.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 03, 2015, 06:07:54 pm »

No debate there. NV was basically "Goodsprings, the town with the roller coaster, Vegas, the airfield, the other airfield, the solar plant, RepConn... and kilometer upon kilometer of orange dust and bombed out ruins."

3. Run Resize Enable

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 03, 2015, 07:20:55 pm »

I remember being really disappointed with a lot of the locations. FO3 didn't, like, blow my mind, but I remember some fun bunkers and caves and stuff. NV seemed more realistic, but to the same token, a lot more bland.

First time I stepped out of the vault, I felt amazing.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 03, 2015, 07:38:37 pm »

Honestly, I'm willing to forgive a whole lot of lore abuse just for the quality of FO3's setting. I still have nostalgic memories of that first grocery store raid; it was such a simple mission, but for some reason it felt incredibly satisfying.

Also tons of props for the eminently abuseable DLC that had you play through the simulation. A full set of infinite-durability equipment? Why thank you, kind glitchable quest!

3. Run Resize Enable

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 03, 2015, 07:44:56 pm »

I kind of feel if you're going to do that, you might as well just give yourself it with console commands.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 03, 2015, 07:52:42 pm »

It's not the same as exploiting design flaws. You can do it without ever opening the console or installing a mod. Heck, they even give you a corpse inside the base, so you don't need to stealthily murder anyone.

3. Run Resize Enable

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 03, 2015, 07:56:04 pm »

The net effect is the same. You retain something the game did not intend for you to keep. You do it through a glitch, effectively. It's no more 'legit' than if you used console commands.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 03, 2015, 08:08:47 pm »

The net effect is the same. You retain something the game did not intend for you to keep. You do it through a glitch, effectively. It's no more 'legit' than if you used console commands.

There is an accomplishment in finding what was not meant to be yours.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: March 03, 2015, 08:24:59 pm »

I'm not saying it's "legit". I'm saying that getting it by exploiting problems in the game and playing through it is satisfying, while entering commands into the console isn't. For the same reason that it was fun to dupe and trade around hex-edited guns and items in Borderlands, but not to go into a hex editor and give yourself a bunch of overpowered guns.

3. Run Resize Enable

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 03, 2015, 08:27:04 pm »

I'm not saying it's "legit". I'm saying that getting it by exploiting problems in the game and playing through it is satisfying, while entering commands into the console isn't. For the same reason that it was fun to dupe and trade around hex-edited guns and items in Borderlands, but not to go into a hex editor and give yourself a bunch of overpowered guns.

Ah, the good ole days. Man that was my number one reason for playing borderlands.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 128