Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212136 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1320 on: March 03, 2015, 08:41:28 am »

I don't get where you get that NCR is for the many and House for the few. The NCR is a corrupt republic with wealthy interests dictating policy under a facade of democracy. House just wants to allow the human race to go into space again. It's either NCR for the few and House for the one, or House for the many and NCR for the few.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: March 03, 2015, 08:49:33 am »

I don't get where you get that NCR is for the many and House for the few. The NCR is a corrupt republic with wealthy interests dictating policy under a facade of democracy. House just wants to allow the human race to go into space again. It's either NCR for the few and House for the one, or House for the many and NCR for the few.

House only cares about New Vegas and his plans will stay in New Vegas.

While NCR sure they aren't perfect, in fact they are incredibly flawed, but they are the order that the chaos of the wastelands desperately need. They are far FAR preferable to every single faction.

It just depends what you care about more... Las Vegas or America.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: March 03, 2015, 09:43:23 am »

The NCR isn't preferable to Wild Card. It's already been thoroughly examined, but they're corrupt, self-serving, and operate primarily for the interests of their wealthy elite. That's not to say that their 'boots on the ground' are evil -- they're certainly better than Legion people. However, what it does mean is that an NCR victory is just that-a victory for the NCR. They're only interested in Vegas and the Mojave so that they can send electricity back home, which is why their two largest efforts are on securing the Dam and the solar power station.

Wild Card is, if we're looking at the average endgame courier, the best hope the Mojave has for advancement, especially if the courier has integrated any combination of the BoS, Followers, Enclave remnants, or Boomers into his/her new order. The fundamental nature of Wild Card is something I joked about before, but a dictatorship held together by force of personality and massive capacity for violence on the part of a mostly well-intended courier is the best of a bad lot of options for New Vegas and the Mojave.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: March 03, 2015, 09:45:57 am »

The NCR isn't preferable to Wild Card. It's already been thoroughly examined, but they're corrupt, self-serving, and operate primarily for the interests of their wealthy elite

You are aware you just described America right? :P

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: March 03, 2015, 09:53:07 am »

And what happens in Wild Card when the courier dies?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: March 03, 2015, 10:28:57 am »

He reloads a previous save. Forever.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: March 03, 2015, 10:47:12 am »

What happened when Tandi died.
Love, scriver~

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: March 03, 2015, 10:47:31 am »

Pretty much impossible to say without wild speculation.

The courier is likely one of the richest people in all of America and could likely get a hold of a bunch of pre-war medical equipment to prolong his/her much longer than the average person. It's more than likely they groom an heir or create some kind of council to inherit the state after their demise.
It's also possible that with all the resources New Vegas has to offer the courier could hire the best minds in the wastes and reverse engineer House's technology and use that to rule as a benevolent immortal dictator or even construct some kind of ruling incorruptible AI. 

If say the courier was capped in the head randomly just after leaving the Battle of Hoover Dam it will likely plunge New Vegas into fractured chaos until one of the factions proves stronger and forces hegemony over the others. Likely someone will stumble across House's legacy and attempt to use it in some way or destroy it. New Vegas will either be fine after the initial instability and conquest or it will be looted and pillaged into nothing.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 10:49:22 am by Catastrophic lolcats »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: March 03, 2015, 11:03:31 am »

I personally think the Courier would, assuming the Think Tank isn't dead, find a way to hook his brain into a robot. I mean, they took it out before, how hard would it be to just do it again. Hell, the Think Tank would be a very useful ally in terms of technology. Would make them far more advanced.

Plus...

ROOOOBOOOO SCOOOOORPIONS!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: March 03, 2015, 11:06:14 am »

Well, the courier could just try using the same life extention device that the actual Mr. House uses, or one of those virtual reality capsules from that one fallout 3 quest. The courier could just become some sort of brain bot also.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: March 03, 2015, 11:12:34 am »

The thing is...

I fully believe the Mr. House ending was Canon.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: March 03, 2015, 11:14:31 am »

House was also the smartest option.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: March 03, 2015, 11:37:00 am »

The thing is...

I fully believe the Mr. House ending was Canon.
The House Always Wins, after all...
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: March 03, 2015, 12:21:38 pm »

House was also the smartest option.

Well if you ignore the whole effect of the entire NCR collapsing because of it... And that the Legion will persist...

And millions will die after the NCR collapse...

And the whole Enclave thing.

It might be the smartest option but it comes at the biggest price.

Honestly nothing goes right for this location pretty much period.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 12:23:52 pm by Neonivek »

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: March 03, 2015, 12:28:23 pm »

I still wouldn't see the Legion killing kids though; better kidnap and indoctrinate them if young enough, enslave those who aren't. So yeah, that goes into cartoonish evil territory.
I didn't know The Ottoman Empire was cartoonishly evil...

Also, what happens to the Legion when Caesar dies? He pretty much seems like the sole unifying factor to the whole thing. Civil war would be my guess. In fact, the Legion seems to be pretty much well on track to a major civil war whenever an even slightly weak leader takes the throne.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 128