Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 128

Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 212089 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1380 on: March 04, 2015, 09:22:05 am »

Ok, I need to ask this to anyone who's a bit experienced with GECK modding.

Would it be possible to create a suit of armor that changes characteristics dynamically? Like, the base armor having no bonuses to any stat, but using scripts and variables (tied to some sort of "armor mods" system) can have the same DR, radiation resistance as Power Armour, or Merchant clothes, for example?

EDIT: if everything in armor is a "status effect", probably instead of just putting it in the armor itself, it could be added to the player as an "enchantment" whenever he puts on the armor, in a script? I think DR is one of the standard stats but hopefully... it an be added as an effect as well :P

Yes, it would be possible (if I understand what you mean correctly), but it might have to be done by changing the item into another.

Unfortunately that is exactly something I want to avoid. I need to make a few armors that look different, but with stats that can be changed at will (using a machine prop or whatever) to mimic existing armors. I've seen SKSE has an function to change the DR and DT of armor. I'm not sure if it works on an instance or the whole template of one object, but that's not important since these armors are probably going to be unique for the player. Still haven't found a way to change the Spell Effect. I'm going to try downloading a few mods with armor that levels up and/or check Equip scripts on things like the medical armor to see if anything there can help me.

I had to leave the game installing last night, so later tonight I'm probably going to do some GECK experimentation.

In Oblivion: Shivering Isles there was a sword that changed from dealing frost to fire damage and vice versa depending on night or day. They did that by removing it and adding the alternative automatically at the right times. You might have to do something like that.

Thanks, that seems useful, would be nice if I could check that out without reinstalling Oblivion. Might have to do that anyway.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: March 04, 2015, 09:26:35 am »

You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

ejseto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: March 04, 2015, 09:51:23 am »

I think DR is one of the standard stats but hopefully... it an be added as an effect as well :P

I'm almost certain this is the case, though it's been a long time since I've played NV. All of those things are actor values that can be modified through the console, scripting, or custom buffs/debuffs. I don't think those are anything different as far as the engine is concerned.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: March 04, 2015, 05:00:12 pm »

So I'm looking for to mod New Vegas a bit... any particular mods I should pick up?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: March 04, 2015, 09:21:22 pm »

UUUUH
WELL, DO YOU WANT TO BE HERE FOR THE NEXT DECADE?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: March 04, 2015, 10:38:44 pm »

So I'm looking for to mod New Vegas a bit... any particular mods I should pick up?

Well My Mods, of course

AND also...
Invisible Wall Remover
5x Faster Waiting
Reduced Load-Screen Map-Markers
[ur=http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42860/?]Camp McCarran Map Markers[/url]
Fast Travel Anywhere
...are practically necessities

Armor Repair Kits
Chef-Boy EDE
More Perks
Gtab's Improved Ammo Crafting
New Strip Map Markers
Improved Transportalponder
Warzones
Populated Wasteland

Are pretty nice as well, but not as essential

NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: March 05, 2015, 12:42:06 am »

Well, I just started a whole new Vanilla run. Hopefully this time I'll finish Old Blues whatsitsname.

I find this game is actually pretty fun without mods, but if I install something it'll probably be armor reskins or the underground abode thing that's so cool.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: March 05, 2015, 02:24:17 am »

Has anyone noticed that the real theme of Lonesome Road seems to be "underwhelming explosives"?

Aside from the fact that the Red Glare rocket launcher does practically no damage, there's also the fact that the so-called "nuclear warheads" have a smaller blast radius than what one might expect even from a similarly sized chunk of regular explosives.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: March 05, 2015, 04:33:26 am »

The Red Glare rockets are bugged and do zero explosive damage sometimes. You can test it by firing near something that hasn't noticed you and they won't take damage at all.

More than one type of explosives have that issue and it's the single biggest problem with Explosives as a primary weapon skill.

Shame that like everything else with those games it was ignored due to absolutely shitty/nonexistent patch support.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: March 05, 2015, 04:36:09 am »

Sounds like something that would have a mod for.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: March 05, 2015, 04:40:34 am »

It's possible but I never found a fix for it, and I looked pretty hard at the time.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: March 05, 2015, 05:03:45 am »

I used them to decent effect much later in the game, when I had enough skill points to max whatever I felt like using at the time. Things like the Unofficial [Insert Main Game/DLC Here] Patch usually has the majority of fixes that Bethesda themselves will never touch.

While I do like that the community pulled together on these sorts of things, I feel that it encourages devs to be lazy and only fix the major issues. Why spend money and time on fixing something when there's a hundred people out there that'll eventually do it for free? Though they still have to do some sort of patch support, if only because not everyone plays it on the superior, moddable PC versions.

I promised myself after playing Fallout 3 on the XBox that I'd never purchase another Bethesda game on a console.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: March 05, 2015, 05:33:08 am »

On the other hand, it also encourages them to release constriction kits in the first place :v
Love, scriver~

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: March 05, 2015, 05:36:06 am »

I just remember VATS getting more and more broken with each patch of FO3 and not a single effort made on their part to fix the problem they kept making worse.

Core game features should work out of the box, there's no excuse for that depth of negligence.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: March 05, 2015, 10:19:09 am »

Wait, there are people who didn't use a bullettime replacer mod for VATS?  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 128