Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Author Topic: Magical RTD Turn 23: Fatigue  (Read 27179 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical RTD
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 08:16:24 pm »

Observation?

Good at noticing things, and being able to remember them later.  Helps with searching for traps or loot, noticing body language, overhearing conversations, that sort of thing.
If you don't like that, I could change it to street smarts.

Also, after looking over Nuir and Paranatural's inventories, is there any chance I could add a leather backpack with some food, a waterskin, rope, small journal and writing tools?

EDIT: If you want to title a spoiler just do [spoiler=yourstuffhere
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:23:22 pm by Frelock »
All generalizations are false....including this one.

PopeRichardCorey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 09:37:22 pm »

Name: Richard Corey
Race: Gnome (The bright, slightly mad kind, not the kind that just steals alcohol.)
Skills:
        Major: Sleight of Hand
        Minor: Lying, Metamagic
Inventory: A leather suit (recently noticed to be quite uncomfortable); An assortment [5-6] of small daggers (used mostly as distractions); A jaunty hat; three [3] decks of cards: one tarot, one playing, one trick-playing; A slightly enchanted bag which can carry about 1.5 times as much as it should be able to.
background: R. Corey was once a ragamuffin in one of the less well-lawed towns beyond the forests.  Not very dangerous; a witty class clown and petty thief-for-the-sake-of-thieving.  If his loving parents had ever heard the word, they would have proudly called him "Puckish."  He has a natural talent for magical theory which he only cares about insofar as it can help him out of tight spots on occasion, and a preternatural talent for "mundane" magic -- card tricks and bilking people.  Of course, when he managed to bilk the mayor of his town, an act which went undiscovered for the ten minutes it took him to get home, and then spent the next 48 hours being quite thoroughly discovered, he had to exile himself.  Now he's in Halley, hoping more than anything to find something to do.

(I'm a bit new to this, but I think I've got the hang of it already, or at least close enough for nuclear warfare horseshoes Devastating Magical Blasts Directed At Coming Closest To Wrapping Around A Pole.)
And when you build your fortress walls from the bones of skeletal elephants, slain my weapons forged from melted goblin plunder, fed on cattle that graze on grass that blinks.  Then, you will know dwarfdom.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 11:11:12 pm »

Observation?

Good at noticing things, and being able to remember them later.  Helps with searching for traps or loot, noticing body language, overhearing conversations, that sort of thing.
If you don't like that, I could change it to street smarts.

Also, after looking over Nuir and Terrahex's inventories, is there any chance I could add a leather backpack with some food, a waterskin, rope, small journal and writing tools?

EDIT: If you want to title a spoiler just do [spoiler=yourstuffhere

my name is Terrahex, I'm not playing. I'll add your backpack and other stuff, but unless specifically mentioned, you don't need food water or rest.

thanks for the tip by the way.
What do you think? Yes? No?

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 11:12:21 pm »

Name: Richard Corey
Race: Gnome (The bright, slightly mad kind, not the kind that just steals alcohol.)
Skills:
        Major: Sleight of Hand
        Minor: Lying, Metamagic
Inventory: A leather suit (recently noticed to be quite uncomfortable); An assortment [5-6] of small daggers (used mostly as distractions); A jaunty hat; three [3] decks of cards: one tarot, one playing, one trick-playing; A slightly enchanted bag which can carry about 1.5 times as much as it should be able to.
background: R. Corey was once a ragamuffin in one of the less well-lawed towns beyond the forests.  Not very dangerous; a witty class clown and petty thief-for-the-sake-of-thieving.  If his loving parents had ever heard the word, they would have proudly called him "Puckish."  He has a natural talent for magical theory which he only cares about insofar as it can help him out of tight spots on occasion, and a preternatural talent for "mundane" magic -- card tricks and bilking people.  Of course, when he managed to bilk the mayor of his town, an act which went undiscovered for the ten minutes it took him to get home, and then spent the next 48 hours being quite thoroughly discovered, he had to exile himself.  Now he's in Halley, hoping more than anything to find something to do.

(I'm a bit new to this, but I think I've got the hang of it already, or at least close enough for nuclear warfare horseshoes Devastating Magical Blasts Directed At Coming Closest To Wrapping Around A Pole.)

the roster is full, but I'll add you to the waiting list. once Batista posts his character, I'll post complete stats.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:15:31 pm by Terrahex »

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 11:20:18 pm »

Frelock: Human
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Fredrick XVII (Ninur Torir): dwarf

Sargoth (Paranatural) Orc-human

Morul Logemegast (meanmelter) Dwarf
Spoiler: skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)

these are the stats so far. change what you want now. once Batista's stats are posted, the game begins.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:28:12 pm by Terrahex »

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 11:31:52 pm »

Maybe I could get one spell that allows me to summon 1 Skeleton warrior? Probably to much for my guy...
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 11:37:16 pm »

you don't have any magic skills that you chose so I can't give you any.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 11:51:44 pm »

you don't have any magic skills that you chose so I can't give you any.
Ok.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical RTD Turn 0: preparations
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 06:18:55 am »

I request to start with a nice, dwarven rune of strength instead of that weak rune of finesse.

Also, try acronym tags. They create hidden text that is revealed upon mousing over the underlined word.

Code: [Select]
Also, [acronym=Useful for storing skill bonuses.]try acronym tags[/acronym].

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 08:25:49 am »

Ok, first round's actions:

I stroll about the marketplace, looking for work, or postings of which I could acquire some money.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 08:30:28 am »

still need batista's character

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 11:41:43 am »

I go to a rich neighborhood, and attempt to make friends with some rich benefactor.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2010, 11:51:01 am »

No rune of strength? Aw, fine.

I'll look around, trying to haggle for the use of a workspace that I can practice my craft at.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2010, 03:20:15 pm »

I havent posted before because I honestly couldnt, I will post my character in 90 minutes, I can't really do it right now

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for understanding

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2010, 03:33:37 pm »

Look around for any adventurers that would not mind me being along with them.
Story of my life.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21