Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21

Author Topic: Magical RTD Turn 23: Fatigue  (Read 27188 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical RTD Turn 0: preparations
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2010, 10:29:19 am »

Quote from: topic
Magical RTD turn 0 meanmelter, we're waiting
Or are we?

Look around for any adventurers that would not mind me being along with them.

That makes five. Rolls?

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
Re: Magical RTD turn 0 meanmelter, we're waiting
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2010, 10:30:37 am »

ohhhh... oops.... sorry mean melter... I thought...  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
What do you think? Yes? No?

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2010, 11:09:22 am »

It's okay.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2010, 11:21:23 am »

Turn 1: the start of hilarity

I'll look around, trying to haggle for the use of a workspace that I can practice my craft at.

4) you suddenly remember something... You came here for a job! you know that you love to blacksmith and runesmith, so you decide to find a blacksmith who will let you use his stuff. after searching a bit, you are drawn to the sweet sound of hammers hitting metal. finally you find it. a couple of men are busy attack heated metal on iron anvils. as you come up another man comes out of the shadow. he is big and burly, twice your size in fact. you ask to use his blacksmith. he says it'll cost you a Gold peice, but being a dwarf that appretiates a good drink, you know how to haggle. 4) you put up a good haggling and lower the price to a staggering 1 silver peice!!!! he says that metal costs 3 silver pieces for a unit of either bronze, iron, steal, etc.

I head to the town's library and start reading up on Elementalism, if that's not possible I attempt to get some money doing light jobs and such

6) deciding that the best place to read about magic would be at the magic acadamy, you quickly run into town, knocking over every person daring to get in the way of a speeding elf. you reach the gates of the acadamy, but don't stop running there, you run al the way to the the help and support desk, then to the library, where you check out 3 books on elementalism. 2) but you're too tired to read anything right now. you spend awhile just resting and drinking water out of the fountain in front of the acadamy.

+3 Speed
Inventory + Novice elements
+ detailed description of fire magic
+ the elements

Ok, first round's actions:

I stroll about the marketplace, looking for work, or postings of which I could acquire some money.

5) you decide that if you are to be in this town, you will need to have money. you look around, asking people for jobs. after about an hour, you slump to the ground defeated, next to the fountain near the acadamy. not only is an obnoxious man drinking water from it, but you feel empty dissappointed... :'(
suddenly, your ear picks up the word of gold: treasure. two men are talking in hushed voices about a cave rumored to be full of treasure... but also monsters.

+2 to perseption

Look around for any adventurers that would not mind me being along with them.

3) you decide that adventuring is the best way in life, despite what your mom says about "going to colledge" and "getting a real job" or even "settling down." you decide you need adventuring buddies. you look around and you see a fellow dwarf looking around and you head towards him, quickly losing him in the crowds, even though there is barely anyone on the street.

I go to a rich neighborhood, and attempt to make friends with some rich benefactor.

6) you decide you need rich friends to make you look good, so you head to the castle, hoping to get the king's attention. when you get to the cast the guards refuse to let you through. you decide to persuade them to let you through. 6) you do such a good job, you leave with their weapons, having convinced them they're so intimidating, they don't need any. now you just need to find the king... or a princess.

+4 to persuasion
Inventory: + short sword, spear

Frelock: Human
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Fredrick XVII (Ninur Torir): dwarf

Sargoth (Paranatural) Orc-human

Morul Logemegast (meanmelter) Dwarf
Spoiler: skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)

Aethor (Batista) Elf

If you find any mistakes, notify me immediately
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 09:12:48 am by Terrahex »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical RTD turn 1: the Start of Hilarity
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2010, 11:29:17 am »

I got a +2 to Perception, but it didn't show up on my skills list.

I listen more to the tales of this cave and where to find it. If they notice me I ask them directly about it. If they won't tell me, I try and intimidate them. If they attack me, I run away. If I can't run, I defend myself with my kopesh.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2010, 11:30:03 am »

I rest, then I finish reading the books if I havent yet

((Speed does actually sound like a cool ability))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Should be elf, his perception cant be THAT bad
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 11:47:04 am by Batista »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2010, 11:43:04 am »

No skill gain from that?
Also, it's odd for bronze, iron, and steel to cost the same.

I accept the man's price, then make an iron scimitar with some of the iron I brought. I'll carve a rune of finesse on the hilt as I forge the sword.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2010, 11:47:50 am »

dang... I coul've sworn I got everything...

besiddes that, did I do a good job?

((Speed does actually sound like a cool ability))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Should be elf, his perception cant be THAT bad

man, refers to pretty much any inteligent being. besides, there aren't many differences between elves and humans.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2010, 12:31:09 pm »

You realize that it is to late in the day to find anyone will to go on an adventure, so I shall adventure alone into a cave, that is not to overwhelming with baddies. Maybe gain some battle scars and drink to my pleasure!
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2010, 01:11:02 pm »

Find and befriend king.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2010, 01:14:47 pm »

Find and befriend king.

I didn't think you'd mind going to the castle instead.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2010, 01:33:24 pm »

Rich benefactors would include the king and the royal court; and I'm sure the palace is in the wealthy district.  Still, thanks.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2010, 06:55:06 pm »

If you get a six, I am so making you save his daughter.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
Re: Magical RTD turn 2: caves hold treasures, so does the king.
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2010, 10:33:03 pm »

Turn 2: Caves hold treasures, so does the king

I listen more to the tales of this cave and where to find it. If they notice me I ask them directly about it. If they won't tell me, I try and intimidate them. If they attack me, I run away. If I can't run, I defend myself with my kopesh.

1) you decide that you're interested, but with the fountain near your ear it's hard to hear. you sneak up toward them, but they notice you. "I demand to know about the treasure!!!" You yell at the top of your lungs. they quickly shush you and agree to tell you where it is if you shut up. you quickly agree. 3) they say that it's just south of halley. you think that they're telling the truth but you're not sure. when you look up again, you see that they're gone.

+1 to stelth
+3 to yelling

1) you don't rest quite well, seeming to think that sitting in a fountain is good for resting. unfortunately, one of your books is destroyed in the "resting." you quickly abandon the fountain to crack open Detailed Description of Fire Magic. 6) learning quite a bit in such a short time. you feel the need to practice... it's just itching under your skin. maybe drying that book

Inventory: soggy The elements
+5 to elementalism
New spell: cinders* (fire)
New Spell: Ash cloud* (Fire)

You realize that it is to late in the day to find anyone will to go on an adventure, so I shall adventure alone into a cave, that is not to overwhelming with baddies. Maybe gain some battle scars and drink to my pleasure!

4) realizing that there are hardly, if any, caves in the king's city, you decide to leave the town. you travel south, reaching the gate just as two men rush by you, acting like they're in a big hurry. in their rush to leave you hear "cave". you decide to follow them.

Find and befriend king.

4) (dang, I wanted a six) you look around for a bit, winding up in the throne room where his majasty is sitting on the throne, crying. realizing this could be your chance you quickly ask, "what's wrong sire?"
"My daughter has been kidnapped by an evil band of criminals, and is being held in their tower north of the Dwarven Mountains."
"I could get her my lord." you say overconfidently.
"If you would, I would reward you ten times your wight in gold."
Greed in your eyes, you turn around and leave the throne room. what did you get yourself into?

No skill gain from that?
Also, it's odd for bronze, iron, and steel to cost the same.

I accept the man's price, then make an iron scimitar with some of the iron I brought. I'll carve a rune of finesse on the hilt as I forge the sword.

Sorry I'll add a plus 4 to your negotiator skill. :D
6) quickly accepting the price, you get to work on your preject using the iron you brought to the job. you quickly dismiss the Idea of have a boring old scimitar, and instead, with speed grace and compassion that makes the otehr metalworkers kiss your feet, you make a scimitar that can be split into two, along with a hilt. the sheath is stunning, with so many symbols and meanings. you then craft the rune of finesse on both scimitars. you swear that you hear angels singing in the back of your head.

Inventory: -iron unit +twin iron scimitars of finesse
+5 blacksmithing
+3 rune smithing
+the respect of Halley Blacksmiths

Frelock: Human
Spoiler:  skills (click to show/hide)

Fredrick XVII (Ninur Torir): dwarf
Spoiler: special (click to show/hide)

Sargoth (Paranatural) Orc-human

Morul Logemegast (meanmelter) Dwarf
magic= none

Aethor (Batista) Elf

Agian, tell me if I missed stuff.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 09:14:24 am by Terrahex »

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical RTD turn 2: Caves hold treasures, so does the king
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2010, 10:55:11 pm »

Damnit my guy blows at this game :'(

Proceeds to the cave, Also remember to BUY A MAP next time. When You get there, start looting and killing anything that stands in your way unless it is friendly. If it agree's to join you, cheer!
Story of my life.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21