Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: Magical RTD Turn 23: Fatigue  (Read 27156 times)

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
Magical RTD Turn 23: Fatigue
« on: April 29, 2010, 05:43:57 pm »

This RTD takes place in middle ages and is based off Arcanum Octet I and II. (Hope you don't mind.) this is also my first RTD I'm doing on the internet.

Rolls will be standard. simple actions are auto-successed. simple actions include, (but are not limited to) walking short distances, talking, and using a magic spell 2 levels below your current level.

Spoiler: rolls (click to show/hide)

Skill levels are as follows. this is only partially based off of arcanum octet.

Spoiler: Skill levels (click to show/hide)

Magic areas are as follows. spells will have *'s behind them symbolizing level.

Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)

Gods are pretty much the same as in Arcanum octet I and II. they can be tricky and sometimes not even real.

okay I think that's it... everything above here is subject to change. everything.

Spoiler: character creation (click to show/hide)

Current Players:
Frelock
Batista
Nirur Torir
Paranatural
Meanmelter
Wolfchild

current waiting list:

Deceased:
None

I will accept 5 players.

you find yourself in the market square of Halley, the capital city. in the center of town is the capital. the west side of town meets the Audrey Ocean. catching a boat there, you can sail to the islands or any other town near the sea. to the north are the mountains, traditionally known as the home of dwarves. to the east is the Great Desert where many riches can be found if you survive. to the south are many small forests and towns. you forget why you are here. are you here to visit to Mage Acadamy to take classes? are you here as a salesmen?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 05:06:09 pm by Terrahex »
What do you think? Yes? No?

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Magical RTD
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 06:14:00 pm »

Name: Frelock
Race: Human
Skills: Major Necromancy
Minor Observation
Minor Persuasion
Inventory: Brown robe, wooden staff, small coin purse
Background: A man who had a sad childhood as a orphan.  Eventually he joined up with dark cult and studied the ways of Necromancy.  However, he no longer directly serves the cult, though he is still somewhat loyal to them for taking him in.  He now runs and orphanage, in order to keep other children from falling into the same lot as him.  He has come to Halley seeking patronage and general funding for his orphanage.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Batista

• Bay Watcher
  • On the Devil's Dance Floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 06:23:05 pm »

IN

I will post my char tomorrow as I'm currently using my iThing, ok?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 06:33:10 pm »

Name: Frederick XVII
Race: Dwarf

Skills:
Major - runecrafter
Minor - blacksmith, haggler

Inventory:
Clothes - blue pig tail shirt, leggings, belt, shoes, socks, gloves, and hooded cape.
Trade tools - Blacksmithing tools, small iron anvil, chisel for runecarving
Money - Small bag, hopefully enough to rent a room with a large fireplace for a few weeks, where I may set-up shop and begin my work.
Iron - Four sword-units worth.
Bronze - Two sword-units worth.

Background: Frederick is young, only 39 years old. He spent several years learning runes from his father, and the art of smithing from his mother. He has always been fascinated with the tales he read of the humans, wondering how they could still be alive after all this time. One day he was roughly shaken awake and yelled at for not crafting five fine pewter mugs for the baron. As a punishment for not knowing what the baron wanted, he was exiled until he returns with seventy *fine pewter statues*. He took his tools, and set out for human lands to observe them first hand and practice his trade.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 07:00:35 pm by Nirur Torir »

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 06:39:49 pm »

Name: Sargoth
Race (human, elf, dwarf, etc.): Half-Orc
Skills (one major, two minor):
Major: Meta Magic
Minor: Elementalisim
Minor: Beasteology
Inventory: Heavy brown cloth robe, satin underwear (I likes the softness), leather backpack, Staff, several beltpouches (leather), leather belt, Knife, Dagger, Kopesh, 3 days of iron rations, 2 water skins, and any books of magic I'd need.
background (optional): As a young half-orc, he was birthed by his mother, an orc. She carried him into battle, where his clan attacked a mages tower. His clan was struck down, and he was taken in by the mage. At first he was a laborer, but after showing a quick aptitude, the mage took him as a full apprentice. After he showed enough skill, he was sent out into the world, to find his place. As a half-orc, he has trouble finding acceptance, however.
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 07:00:31 pm »

Name: Frelock
Race: Human
Skills: Major Necromancy
Minor Observation
Minor Persuasion
Inventory: Brown robe, wooden staff, small coin purse
Background: A man who had a sad childhood as a orphan.  Eventually he joined up with dark cult and studied the ways of Necromancy.  However, he no longer directly serves the cult, though he is still somewhat loyal to them for taking him in.  He now runs and orphanage, in order to keep other children from falling into the same lot as him.  He has come to Halley seeking patronage and general funding for his orphanage.

Observation?

Paranatural, what's a Kopesh?

Nirur, I think that's a little much. I'll let you keep the gold or the metals.

Paranatural

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The corpses appear to be primarily concentrated under the dead cat.  - Untelligent
Mental Health 6/6. You easily comfort yourself knowing that Paranatural's Hot Stubble And Deliciously Unwashed Armpits will be  waiting for you whatever happens.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 07:05:02 pm »

Ahhhhh, Kopesh

is that the kind you want?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 07:13:05 pm by Terrahex »

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 07:14:21 pm »

BTW, you can post your action after I get everyone's stats up

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 07:33:03 pm »

Frelock: Human
Skills
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Magic
Inventory

I've just gotten Frelock's done, I might have missed something though. how do I title a spoiler?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 07:36:29 pm by Terrahex »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 07:36:52 pm »

I don't quite see how I could get started without both a place to work and something to work with. Nobody's going to loan me materials unless I get a {5} on a beg role, and I can't work the metals without something that provides more heat then a campfire. Could I get, say, 3 units of iron and 6 turns worth of workspace?

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2010, 07:39:25 pm »

I don't quite see how I could get started without both a place to work and something to work with. Nobody's going to loan me materials unless I get a {5} on a beg role, and I can't work the metals without something that provides more heat then a campfire. Could I get, say, 3 units of iron and 6 turns worth of workspace?

I'll give you that iron, and why don't you just haggle a very low price to use a blacksmith?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2010, 07:40:50 pm »

Eh, alright.

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2010, 07:45:24 pm »

I'll give you 10 silver pieces (sp) for you to haggle with, make all hagglers around the world proud. (Copper peices are worth less than silver, silver are worth less than gold.)

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2010, 08:11:04 pm »

Name:Morul Logemegast
Race:Dwarf

Major Skill:Blacksmithing. As in all types of smithing, not just blacksmithing.
Minor Skill:War hammers. As they are epic.
Minor Skill:Negotiator.

Inventory is...
Iron Chain Leggings,Iron Chain Mail, Iron Shield, Iron High Boots, Iron Mail Mittens, Iron Winged Helmet, Iron War hammer, Backpack, and a Small Smithing Kit

background.
Morul Logemegast was only 13 when he managed to open his own smithing business! Recently, he was engaged in a lawsuit and lost his shop, and everything else he owned. He might go back to smithing, or get together with some fellow adventurers and plunder deep into HELL!

(I tried to make the background short and sweet, did not want to bore anyone with a five paragraph background.)
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21