Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 105

Author Topic: [0.31.18] ☢ Wasteland ☢ : accepting help  (Read 161322 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.18] ☢ Wasteland ☢ : 1.2b
« Reply #1410 on: December 18, 2011, 01:24:38 am »

NCR and Legion, not to forget this old thing, and these guys. that's all i want from F:NV.  :P

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 18, 2011, 06:30:43 am »

You should realize that NCR and other specific factions won't really work in DF since there's no "California", also it's just one of many competing "wastelanders" factions. DF is more about alternate history and game-generated empires :). NCR is something from Fallout universe, yep, but it's a location and situation specific group which are many in DF.

P.S. New critters like cazadors and fire ants will be included for sure. I will think twice before addint AMR though because there's already gauss which serves the same purpose, but it will be really easy to add for anyone who really wants it.

The currently planned "human" civs are (most of them are all called just "humans" unless you look at the diplomacy screen, so bear with it).

1) Humans (vault citizens) - main playable race; low chance of mutation and leaned towards technology.
2) Humans (wastelanders) - more mutations, mediocre/bad equipment, large spread, leaned towards agression/tough type.
3) Humans (new order) - less mutations, between wastelanders and vault citizens; less spread, better equipment (they are your "NCR"-like factions).
4) Humans (raiders) - you can identify that they are "raiders" by their specific military profession names.
5) Humans (enclave) - rarely spawned militaristic groups with high technology and hostile to other groups (used the banditism mechanic here too, as with raiders).
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 06:39:58 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: December 18, 2011, 07:15:35 am »

what about slavers? or are they included in the raider package?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: December 18, 2011, 08:42:45 am »

Since raiders are baby snatchers and thieves, they are.

Their profession names will be in that theme (raider, vagabond, thug etc).

I may make a small mini-faction for slavers though (and tribals) later.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: December 19, 2011, 01:12:17 am »

yay! and make a mini faction of hippies that use high powered artillery (anti-materiel rifles) but have no armor whatsoever. that should be more FUN!!

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: December 19, 2011, 11:09:25 pm »

somebody has a real attachment to AMRs...

Anyway...a couple of suggestions.
     Sentient Machines, Animals, & Plants - we have a few Examples; Skynet, President Eden, Brain, Keeng Ra'at, Goris, Seymour, the Professor's Radscorpion, and Talking Brahmin.  They either form their own civs (Goris' Brood tried to, and Skynet talks about "settling down and starting a family") or even take a leader position of another civ like Brain did.
     Magic - Ok...hear me out...In Fallout 1, The Master was a Psyker and collected other people with psychic abilities. In Fallout 2, Sulik could consult his ancestors ghosts for clues regarding your current quests, The Elder and Shaman both contact you via dreams, and you even have a short quest where you meet a ghost and she asks you to bury her bones so she can rest.  On the unfavorable hand, The Chosen One is a Tribal...as well as the Shaman's apprentice...so it might just be years of abusing Healing Powder catching up on you.
     Sand Sharks - cut from Fallout 2... and Van Buren(which itself was cut in its entirety) ... and Tactics... but... C'mon... Sand Sharks!
     We'll have to wait for the next DF version maybe to make a difference between natural mutationI(6 fingers!), radiation exposure(ghouls, humans with a rare genetic trait that manifests on normally leathal radiation exposure), and FEV(Super Mutants, The Master, Harold, and other "factory made" mutants)...also every creature on the surface except Vault Dwellers has been exposed to a mutated version of the FEV that in most cases just boosts muscle mass and intelligence(except in dogs and humans for some reason...) but does not cause sterility.  Lesions and patchy fur might just be due to the high radiation environment and not FEV
Fallout Wiki says...the sterility might be due to "double dipping" as it were...an FEV overdose.
     And Lastly, get rid of Mobile Factories...they're really just a waste as you can buy the robots you want from caravans without waiting for the thing to pop one out and hope it's the right one...The guy that came up with that is a moron...oh wait...that was me... ... ...I still stand by what I said.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: December 19, 2011, 11:51:23 pm »

I would add a "Cultist" Human civ, mainly because we need a human race who can create Super Mutents and there variants. Might make some "wild", stupid Super mutents use the next versions capiablities to reprisent the last baches of FEV in use (Nightkin would probably not reproduce at all.) while the cultists having several diffent reactions usable, ranging from a kidnapped wastlander/cultist/raider dipped in it ( Ether a dumb mutent or horrible disfigured and most probably dead abomination) to a VD/NCR/Enclave sod (Smart Super Mutants, usualy.), Each would have a interesting probability for each result, and most players will think twice before sending a man to create the stuff.

..... Holy crap. Now I want to make a gigantic tub of FEV and dump it into the rivers (or better yet, the caverns. With normal DF creatures. Crundle Beamoths, anyone?), and I dont know if we can even do that in the next version of the game!
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: December 20, 2011, 02:44:49 am »

I would add a "Cultist" Human civ, mainly because we need a human race who can create Super Mutents and there variants. Might make some "wild", stupid Super mutents use the next versions capiablities to reprisent the last baches of FEV in use (Nightkin would probably not reproduce at all.) while the cultists having several diffent reactions usable, ranging from a kidnapped wastlander/cultist/raider dipped in it ( Ether a dumb mutent or horrible disfigured and most probably dead abomination) to a VD/NCR/Enclave sod (Smart Super Mutants, usualy.), Each would have a interesting probability for each result, and most players will think twice before sending a man to create the stuff.

..... Holy crap. Now I want to make a gigantic tub of FEV and dump it into the rivers (or better yet, the caverns. With normal DF creatures. Crundle Beamoths, anyone?), and I dont know if we can even do that in the next version of the game!
The closest you get to cultists are hubologists, but they have nothing to do with FEV.

Good ideas, JediaKyriol, I agree with you almost completely :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: December 20, 2011, 05:07:45 am »

somebody has a real attachment to AMRs...

hey, anything that can punch through vehicle armor gets a point in my book.

i'd love to see cultists. can we has cultists, Deon? with robes, and armor over robes? and using ridiculously overpowered weapons? pweety pwease? :3

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: December 20, 2011, 09:14:17 am »

^ Hubologists.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: December 20, 2011, 09:34:29 am »

but as you stated before (in the NCR case) DF depends on its own creations, so therefore there is no Hub, and by that logic Hubologists never existed.  ;)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: December 20, 2011, 10:40:41 am »

but as you stated before (in the NCR case) DF depends on its own creations, so therefore there is no Hub, and by that logic Hubologists never existed.  ;)
Hub = wheel. Check the wiki to learn their reasoning. They are a parody on scientology.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: December 20, 2011, 11:14:07 am »

The Children of the Cathedral is a cultists kind of thing but that probably better with the super mutants

Hmmm, Power of the Atom, Apostles of the Holy Light, New Canaanite, Marked men, there not really cultist though.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: December 20, 2011, 11:15:51 am »

The Children of the Cathedral were a cult based around the Master's teachings...and the Apostles of the Holy Light worshiped ghouls.  This type of cultist behavior can be modeled in the next DF with the necromancy stuff...someone discovers FEV or the ghoulification process and starts a mini-civ

technically...the Brotherhood of Steel is kind of a technology worshipping cult...assigning different mantras to be spoken when cleaning different kinds of equipment, and placing science above human lives (which is funny because the group originated from a soldier who was disgusted by scientists performing human experimentation...to the point that he killed all of the scientists.  His (West Coast, at least) descendants would likely brand him a heretic...because "After all, everyone knows how to make more people. But making a P94 plasma rifle?"

but really...Cult...religion...civ...it kinda blurs together.  They're all groups with the same broad moral ideals.

and yeah...Hubologists...Hubbard...it wasn't a very well masked parody either.  Only reason the Scientologists didn't sue Black Isle into oblivion is because back then games were more under the radar, and they probably didn't find out until it was shut down....or maybe they did...dun dun dunnn!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: December 20, 2011, 12:42:14 pm »

All I gotta say that all the cult related stuff will wait until the next version, but small entities could be added for flavor still.

I plan adding Hubologists and Followers of the Apocalypse for sure.

And sorry for the slow work, but I do it after work I swear :). I've added giant radscorpions, wanamingo, centaurs and floaters.

The regions are as follows: evil areas are "FEV affected population" where supermutants build their forts, and savage areas are "radiation affected population" with ghouls and other weird things.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 105