Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 105

Author Topic: [0.31.18] ☢ Wasteland ☢ : accepting help  (Read 161276 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.18] ☢ Wasteland ☢ : 1.2b
« Reply #1440 on: December 20, 2011, 02:47:52 pm »

I am not replacing humans with ponies if you ask about that :P.

Other than that, here you go:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1sro4pb7doz3gbz

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Note: lots of minor errors here and there because PerfectWorld drawing tool has really bad drawing system (everything else is awesome :P) where you cannot really change the size of your brush properly.

Download and play. Please report if you think that some parts of the world need tweaking (only if it is REALLY important, I already killed a lot of time to make this draft :P) or if civilizations need biome spread/spawn or population number adjustments.

Note that 500 quick rejects are REQUIRED to start the map (select the "p" - skip other rejects option after those).
Thank you.

P.S. And yes, it rarely crashes worldgen. It shows again that worldgen crashes have nothing to do with mod errors, it's just some problems with worldgen where it cannot parse its own proper parameters :(.
I was able to generate it to year 500 most of the times though.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 02:52:36 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.18] ☢ Wasteland ☢ : test the new world map please
« Reply #1441 on: December 20, 2011, 03:08:53 pm »

I am not replacing humans with ponies if you ask about that .

Theres a (dead) mod for that. :P

Going to try to use this later. Thanks, Deon! I am gunna be a Russian Vault Dweller, to fight the french mutiant leagions!
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: December 20, 2011, 03:15:56 pm »

all hail the grand Slovenian empire! after more than two millenia of opression we rise to be one of the most fearsome empires on the globe! and our national anthem is a drinking song! (this is true in RL.)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: December 20, 2011, 03:22:55 pm »

all hail the grand Slovenian empire! after more than two millenia of opression we rise to be one of the most fearsome empires on the globe! and our national anthem is a drinking song! (this is true in RL.)

America's national anthem's lyrics are that of a poem, but the tune is a drinking song's!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 07:23:21 pm by Putnam »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: December 20, 2011, 03:23:05 pm »

Going to try to use this later. Thanks, Deon! I am gunna be a Russian Vault Dweller, to fight the french mutiant leagions!
As far as I know, that mod did not start yet, so it's not dead yet :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: December 20, 2011, 03:38:25 pm »

As far as I know, that mod did not start yet, so it's not dead yet :).

Eyup

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: December 20, 2011, 05:40:43 pm »

CrazyCow has not updated the thing for, like, forever. I would call it dead, but his tag is "Legendary Procrastinator", so I shall give him some time. ;D
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: December 21, 2011, 02:53:42 pm »

Quote from: ToadyOne
As I said last time, this includes some interaction leftovers. Things like making material emission effects work in some basic way when attached to a region.
Material emission effects attached to a region.... Dare I say... radiation for mods?! I don't know what it means yet :D.

Quote from: ToadyOne
Did a bunch of tweaks with undead naming in world gen, and next up I'll be extending that throughout the game, so that any interaction syndrome can provide a name like "vampire", "mummy", etc. (or whatever you want for mods).
Yay, supermutants will be REAL in the next version!!!
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: December 21, 2011, 02:58:21 pm »

So, Super mutants would probably be present as a kind of effect that happens if you stick around in an evil biome for too long as an intelligent creature?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: December 21, 2011, 03:19:37 pm »

And ghouls in savage areas. I hope it will work like that without major workarounds :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: December 21, 2011, 03:24:52 pm »

ok...I genned a few worlds...like you said...minimum of 500 fails before it asks to ignore swamps.  You might be able to fix this by also setting the North American gulf region to swamp (pretty much the everything from southern Lousiana through to western Florida is marshland) or dropping the initial REGION_COUNTS:SWAMP from 1032 to something lower will likely fix that...changing it to 0 just gave me "too many subregions" after 10 rejections and everything generated fine.  200 years worked every time...500 years crashed 2 out of 5 times...1000 years crashed every time...Toady did say he was fixing some old worldgen bugs along with the new stuff he's adding, so maybe it won't be a problem for long.

Also...I really like how once worldgen starts adding creatures...the oceans all go from blue to brown and red...it's all "Happy blue oceans?  nope!"

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: December 21, 2011, 04:49:00 pm »

changing it to 0 just gave me "too many subregions" after 10 rejections and everything generated fine.
Thanks, that works :). I forgot about that option.

Today I've added some more wildlife, so the initial release will be soon.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: December 21, 2011, 05:47:15 pm »

Okay, would like to make a biome map:

Savage:Radioactive areas. Wooh .Bigger variants of creatures, like Albino Yuo Gui, would live here, along with there lesser kin. Probably has horrors unseen elswhere in the lower levels. Glowing ones, too, perhapes underground leading there cave ghoul followers. But hey, no raiders! They all evolved into mutents and centaurs by now!

Neutral: Good old wasteland. Everyone gets a slice. Nothing overly powerful, but still has lovley things like Deathclaws and such wondering around. Raider and Wastelander homes alike, along with mutents hillbilly folk. Fun.

Benign: Places with some civilised life, it be cultests or a wastlander town. Ghouls might live here, too. May or may not be safe to walk though in later versions. Most likely has surving machines, but probably has pests. Like giant wasps.

"Good": Ye ol' vaulties homeland. Little to nothing with FEV mutations, but still dangerus. Might have wandering mechines outside, like a MR handy or Eyebots. Most you might have to deal with is the occasinal attack by infected and perhapes someone being bittion by a radcreature. Oh, and the raiders. And all the experamental horrors that they where working on, like Canius Sapians and Hydra spawn, might make a snack out of you if they find out your little town exists.

Evil: Raiders and Mutents and more! Enjoy your nightmares. FEV infused. In later versions of the game, drinking the water might give you tumers. Or kill you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: December 21, 2011, 05:52:21 pm »

^FEV causes centaurs and mutants, not good ol' radiation.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: December 21, 2011, 05:55:16 pm »

Yep, in my current dev version I went with the next pattern:
Savage = irradiated (total ghoulification)
Evil = FEV subjects (supermutants, centaurs, floaters etc)
Good = areas of old military bases/factories, robot-infested.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 105