Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 105

Author Topic: [0.31.18] ☢ Wasteland ☢ : accepting help  (Read 161275 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.18] ☢ Wasteland ☢ : 1.2b
« Reply #1425 on: December 20, 2011, 12:42:32 pm »

but as you stated before (in the NCR case) DF depends on its own creations, so therefore there is no Hub, and by that logic Hubologists never existed.  ;)
Hub = wheel. Check the wiki to learn their reasoning. They are a parody on scientology.

i always thought they were named after the city Hub. oh, well, you learn something every day  :D. and by the way, i knew about the scientology stuff.

technically...the Brotherhood of Steel is kind of a technology worshipping cult...assigning different mantras to be spoken when cleaning different kinds of equipment, and placing science above human lives (which is funny because the group originated from a soldier who was disgusted by scientists performing human experimentation...to the point that he killed all of the scientists.  His (West Coast, at least) descendants would likely brand him a heretic...because "After all, everyone knows how to make more people. But making a P94 plasma rifle?"
i always saw them as a tech hoarding raiders, selfish and possesive.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: December 20, 2011, 12:54:27 pm »

always saw them as a tech hoarding raiders, selfish and possesive.

It realy depends on which side of the states you meet them on.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: December 20, 2011, 01:25:23 pm »

yes, but the best illustration of Brotherhood of steel that i got wasn't in any of the Fallout games. it came from this. read it, it's good stuff. and if you just want to hear about the local BoS variant read the article here.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: December 20, 2011, 01:29:57 pm »

All I gotta say that all the cult related stuff will wait until the next version, but small entities could be added for flavor still.

I plan adding Hubologists and Followers of the Apocalypse for sure.

And sorry for the slow work, but I do it after work I swear :). I've added giant radscorpions, wanamingo, centaurs and floaters.

The regions are as follows: evil areas are "FEV affected population" where supermutants build their forts, and savage areas are "radiation affected population" with ghouls and other weird things.

Now, with the next version, interactions can apply creature variations to creatures within a certain evil biome; therefore, you can have actual FEV mutated creatures in evil biomes and actual radiation mutated creature in savage ones.

Food for thought.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: December 20, 2011, 01:32:42 pm »

Well...even the West Coast had a humanitarian faction starting up after the Vault Dweller showed up and showed them what outsiders could do...but really, even the "nice" BoS of the East coast were self-righteous jerks...they just recruited outsiders more frequently.  The west coast did recruit at least the vault dweller and chosen one but there might have been more...

ooh...idea...have the raiders with no manufacturing capabilities at all (or maybe just the scrounging reactions deon mentioned)...they steal everything!

yes, but the best illustration of Brotherhood of steel that i got wasn't in any of the Fallout games. it came from this. read it, it's good stuff. and if you just want to hear about the local BoS variant read the article here.
Brony's...they're everywhere!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 01:35:00 pm by JediaKyrol »

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: December 20, 2011, 01:41:21 pm »

Ahh, yes, F:ED! Reading Horizons right now. "Off topic"

Anyway, so I guess you realy are going for the whole "arseholes with power armor" thing, arnt ya?  :D
To be fair, the differance bettween Applejacks followers and mainline Steel Rangers is the complete opposite in Fallout, with the currant branch with the most function (Lyons: the mainline one messed with the Enclave and is effectivly dead) wishes to help people, while the ones who belive in tech hording and only that are the weaker minority.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: December 20, 2011, 01:54:45 pm »

No; the east coast brotherhood of steel that you meet in FO3 is nothing but a splinter faction. The BoS themselves are tech hoarding, selfish, and blinded by tradition.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: December 20, 2011, 01:57:34 pm »

No; the east coast brotherhood of steel that you meet in FO3 is nothing but a splinter faction. The BoS themselves are tech hoarding, selfish, and blinded by tradition.
also 200+ years of inbreeding...starting from a small facility security team and their immediate families :p

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: December 20, 2011, 01:59:46 pm »

just something off topic: because i read a story that happens to involve ponies as main characters does not make me a brony. but i still find ponies perfect for this kind of situation, cause it gives it a kind of "the end of innocence" feeling when you read about rape, murder and other pleasantly morbid, (albeit so common in our world) things happening to ponies.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: December 20, 2011, 02:03:30 pm »

Said splinter faction eventualy outlives its origin by a long mile.

just something off topic: because i read a story that happens to involve ponies as main characters does not make me a brony. but i still find ponies perfect for this kind of situation, cause it gives it a kind of "the end of innocence" feeling when you read about rape, murder and other pleasantly morbid, (albeit so common in our world) things happening to ponies.

Thers only so many stories where a regenerating charecter is constantly being eaten over and over again by a group of cannibles, and the main charecter has to join in if she wants to go farther in inot the compound. Oh, and the cannibles? All the people she grew up with, and she eventualy gasses them. And she attempts to off herself, but is unwilingly teliported out.

"Hey, her liver grew back!"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 02:08:20 pm by Pokon »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: December 20, 2011, 02:04:54 pm »

Huh?

Also, would  you mind if I upload the raw version (with civs only and without fancy creatures, weapons etc.) for you to test if you can run the world script I've made?

It runs up to 500 rejects really fast for me, and then complains about swamps. It's on purpose since there are swamps only in northern Russia, some near India and in the Brasil region. Afther that if you press "p" to skip other rejects it should generate fine.

Would you mind testing this, someone? I feel bad about uploading a pre-alpha thing which does not even have brahmin included, but maybe you could save me a headache if the wolrdgen works for everyone already?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: December 20, 2011, 02:09:38 pm »

Huh?

Just a little off-topic mess, please ignore it, Deon. :P

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: December 20, 2011, 02:18:48 pm »

Do you mean Fallout: Equestria?

Also should I just put a link in the thread to the pre-alpha to test the civilization spread and some science, or do you think it's a bad idea and will frighten you with the totally incomplete state of the mod? :D
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: December 20, 2011, 02:21:58 pm »

Huh?

we may have gotten a "little" bit...sideways of the topic...

Anyway...yesyesyes gimmie gimmie!
And...The Whole freaking world!

Do you mean Fallout: Equestria?

Also should I just put a link in the thread to the pre-alpha to test the civilization spread and some science, or do you think it's a bad idea and will frighten you with the totally incomplete state of the mod? :D

dunno about everybody else...but I love data!  and statistics! and buttons!  push all the buttons!

Finally...no brony hate...just..."Pony's?  In my Fallouts?"  ...it's probably 10,000 times better written, and closer to canon than Fallout:Tactics and Fallout:BoS

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: December 20, 2011, 02:29:36 pm »

Also should I just put a link in the thread to the pre-alpha to test the civilization spread and some science, or do you think it's a bad idea and will frighten you with the totally incomplete state of the mod?

Nope. Might as well se how everyone fares in this, eh? I am a mite worried that worlds past 50 years will not have raiders and other aggresive peoples, so perhapes some groups are simply rape-happy and breed like cazors?

JediaKyrol

Read it. Love it. The main three (The original, Horizons, and Pink eyes) take the fact that this is, at its core, a fantasy world and runs with it.

Cyberdragons.

Mutent (Size of a small human)Cockatraces with a utterly uncurable stone glare.

Radioactive Phenoxes.

A deadlier necromantic Cloud variant that will haunt your nightmares.

Manticores, now bigger and stronger after being mutated.

Giant radioactive god-things with a hive mind with a heart attack spell.

Wasp-cat-bird things that lays eggs under your skin.

A mouse that was formaly a massive beast that is uttely immune to harm (consintrated mass or something. It helps when it was once fused with a few tones of metal before being shrunk.) and spews out said necromantic cloud every time it breaths.

A massive, unnatural forest that was already a stain on creation in the show, and now has mutated star-beasts and moss-ponies. The trees themselves are unnafected by fire, and the whole place is infested with a plant called the Killing Joke. Guess what it does.

A freaken radio wave frequency infused with that necromantic power that will stop your organs if you can so much as hear it. And even if you cant.

Theres a reason that there was a mod about this in the works. ;)

It gets worse in Horizons. Pink eye is simply depressing.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 02:43:54 pm by Pokon »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 105