Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422224 times)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #5205 on: February 05, 2012, 10:36:29 am »

The line:

Code: [Select]
[tissue_template_dino
shouldn't start with a bracket.  The file title at the start of the file isn't bracket-enclosed.  That might not be causing the error, but it should be fixed.

Can you show us the entire DEINONYCHUS creature raw?  Never mind, you already did.

BP_RELSIZE doesn't go in the creature raw.  The creature-level tag to redefine a body size is just RELSIZE.

The SCRATCH attack seems to be failing because you don't have any body parts with GRASP defined.  I'd have to see your custom body part file to see what needs to be fixed there.

It looks like you are trying to import tissues into the creature using [TISSUE_TEMPLATE:SCALE_TEMPLATE].  This is wrong.  TISSUE_TEMPLATE is used to define a new tissue from scratch, and doesn't work in the creature level anyway.  To import an existing tissue template into the creature, use [USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:SCALE:SCALE_TEMPLATE] instead.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:44:00 am by Sphalerite »
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5206 on: February 05, 2012, 03:21:26 pm »

Quick question: Can a weapon use several skills, like buildings or reactions ? Example: A stone chisel weapons that uses the engraving OR masonry skill.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: February 05, 2012, 03:34:19 pm »

No, I don't think so.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: February 05, 2012, 04:00:12 pm »

how would I prevent goblins from using a particular animal as a mount?

The specific thing I am using is Rhenaya's Drow Mod, from here. I don't want goblins using the giant lizards, but want to keep the lizards available for the drows.

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:DRONE][PREFSTRING:MADNESS][ETHICS:NOPE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: February 05, 2012, 04:01:51 pm »

So it took me a long time (which is why i haven't been on here) but i figured out how to give the race i was making differentiating tattoos and masks using the descriptors so as soon as i work out a few problems that im having ill upload my creatures files. oh, on a totally unrelated note: having a tooth pulled is weird :P.
Quote from: Discord
Suika, Drinker of Sake - Today at 9:11 PM
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"
Johnny Jokotaru sent Kars down under

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5210 on: February 05, 2012, 04:05:04 pm »

Tattoos sounds interesing :)

And animals can be restricted with biome tags and evil/good. Be certain that the lizards only live in a biome where goblins do not live.

Unrelated: I remember reading somewhere that the names given to hunting/war animals can be modded. You wouldnt have "war" dogs, but "custom-word" dogs... I just cant remember in which file it was...
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: February 05, 2012, 04:18:47 pm »

The tattoos show up in the descriptions of the creatures, but they lack any real description of what they look like. all it says is something like "Dwarfy Mctattoo's lower arm has a blue tattoo." I'm trying to get it to be more like how items have descriptions like " It has an intricately carved oak tree image on it. it is adorned with hanging rope read cloth." as soon as i have that down ill be able to fix my mask problem that im having.
"...I really don't know why Cu chulainn made that last promise because he is physically incapable of keeping it in his pants, it is like his junk is some kind of unruly seamonster or moray eel telescoping out of its holster and harpooning ladies left and right"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5212 on: February 05, 2012, 04:27:06 pm »

Cant you just replace the "a tattoo" with "a beatiful image of whatever" and make a ton of iterations ?

Anyway, I found the answer to my question, in the unit type token list:
91   TRAINED_HUNTER    Hunting animal
92   TRAINED_WAR   War animal
So [PROFESSION_NAME:TRAINED_WAR:custom word here:custom words here] will work :)

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: February 05, 2012, 04:32:37 pm »

its worth a try i guess, tho other attempts at fixing it were useless... let me see. also thats good to know with the trained animals. i may find some way of using it..

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: February 05, 2012, 04:45:09 pm »

The tattoos show up in the descriptions of the creatures, but they lack any real description of what they look like. all it says is something like "Dwarfy Mctattoo's lower arm has a blue tattoo." I'm trying to get it to be more like how items have descriptions like " It has an intricately carved oak tree image on it. it is adorned with hanging rope read cloth." as soon as i have that down ill be able to fix my mask problem that im having.

Designate dwarf - Engrave image on flesh

Cant wait for this :D

Sanure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: February 05, 2012, 04:48:48 pm »

Give me a couple of days to make my creature files all pretty and easy to install and remove and ill release a test phase for you all. Thank you Meph, that solved both my tattoo and mask problems. and Abregado. ill see what i can do, cause that gave me an idea.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: February 06, 2012, 03:44:45 pm »

And animals can be restricted with biome tags and evil/good. Be certain that the lizards only live in a biome where goblins do not live.

Yeah, I'm not sure how to do that.

The goblins have this as their biome things:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

the drows have this for biomes:

the lizards have:

If I take out the [BIOME_SUPPORT:ALL_MAIN] from the goblins, would this stop them from being able to bring the lizards as mounts ?

darklord92

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SERGALNORTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: February 06, 2012, 04:41:52 pm »

I've been trying to include lore in my sergal mod by making fanciful creates with the [do_not_exist] tag. all that seems to have done is make northern Sergals turn into dogs :/

Form walking potato man out of corpse. Absorb anyone else in the house.
We have a successful derail.
The Vilous Mod - Jingle berries!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: February 06, 2012, 06:16:23 pm »

you have two of the NEVREAN_LORE creature.

jesusmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: February 06, 2012, 08:19:46 pm »

So I was messing with genesis and decided that i wanted the Old Ones from the Cthulhu Mythos mod. the problem is that the Old Ones are too weak in comparison to the illithids and other megabeasts. the big problem is that I suck at modding, with the best thing I've made being crappy dwarven weaponry. Could i get some assistance in making this stronger by Genesis standards? here's the shamelessly ripped  creature raws
, the detail plan
, and the body
I hope to one day not suck at modding, but for now, what can I do, and does anyone have any helpful tips so I can make ridiculously overpowered beings on my own?
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 357