Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 357

Author Topic: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)  (Read 422223 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: 0.31. MODDERS WORKSHOP (NEWCOMERS WELCOME!)
« Reply #5175 on: February 04, 2012, 10:12:45 am »

I think if they're cornered they'll enter combat.

This is the case at the moment. Im not interested in them attacking when cornered. We want them to hunt the dorfs down and slaughter them all! :D

Which tokens make the demons, forgotten beasts and undead attack without concern for their safety?
[NATURAL]
[LIKES_FIGHTING]
[LARGE_PREDETOR] - probally spelled wrong
[PRONE_TO_RAGE:5000] - Might be done wrong too look at badgers
[NOFEAR] - leave this out if you want it to get scared and flee (donno if it is all time or only when injured)

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: February 04, 2012, 01:03:13 pm »

I really hate to repost this again after a short while, but I really need help.

I have a problem with my custom-made gloves. It's purpose is for the military and when I assign it to my military, my dwarfs won't wear it.

Here's the raws for the gloves:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My dwarfs come with mittens and gloves during embark. And I've also checked my entity_default for typos and my reaction to make the gloves and there doesn't seem to be any problem with it. It just doesn't equip when assigning to the military.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: February 04, 2012, 01:09:46 pm »

1. What's with the name?
2. Try making the size larger than the permit.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: February 04, 2012, 01:37:30 pm »

I really hate to repost this again after a short while, but I really need help.

I have a problem with my custom-made gloves. It's purpose is for the military and when I assign it to my military, my dwarfs won't wear it.

Here's the raws for the gloves:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My dwarfs come with mittens and gloves during embark. And I've also checked my entity_default for typos and my reaction to make the gloves and there doesn't seem to be any problem with it. It just doesn't equip when assigning to the military.
[LAYER:PERMIT:30] should be [LAYER_PERMIT:30]. That's probably what's messing it up since it thinks that the dwarves don't have room for anything else underneath the custom gloves.
1. What's with the name?
2. Try making the size larger than the permit.
Making the [LAYER_SIZE] larger then the PERMIT would mean it would effectivly hog the hands layer (no mittions underneth)

But since you said "REACTION" I fear that custom reactions make a generic "GLOVE" that won't be worn by anyone (boots I believe don't have a left or right) you need to add them as gloves that your entity will use so you can "forge" them. that will give you pairs of Left and Right gloves

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: February 04, 2012, 01:53:19 pm »

Permit is checked against other objects without regards to its own size. Having large enough layer size however, will prevent other object's permit to be larger then it. For example, I have greaves layer size 12 permit size 2 and trousers layer size 2 permit size 12. I can still fit 1 greaves 1 trousers. If I make the trouser permit size 11 then I wont be able to any more.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: February 04, 2012, 01:58:12 pm »

But since you said "REACTION" I fear that custom reactions make a generic "GLOVE" that won't be worn by anyone (boots I believe don't have a left or right) you need to add them as gloves that your entity will use so you can "forge" them. that will give you pairs of Left and Right gloves

What do you mean by this? A generic glove? But when I do make it it has the same name, 'xxx'. How can that be generic? And I already have the tag to make the gloves in my entity file. It's more like a whole set (armor, pants, helm, 2 shoes and 2 gloves). Do I need to make them separately?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: February 04, 2012, 02:01:01 pm »

What do you mean by this? A generic glove? But when I do make it it has the same name, 'xxx'. How can that be generic? And I already have the tag to make the gloves in my entity file. It's more like a whole set (armor, pants, helm, 2 shoes and 2 gloves). Do I need to make them separately?

What I mean by "generic" is that it will be called "xxx glove" instead of "left/right xxx glove" and rephikul is more educated in LAYER tags then me.

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: February 04, 2012, 02:10:38 pm »

What I mean by "generic" is that it will be called "xxx glove" instead of "left/right xxx glove" and rephikul is more educated in LAYER tags then me.

So how do I fix this? Do I need to make two types of gloves and name it with left and right? Also, I've played around with SIZE and PERMIT so I don't think that's the problem.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5183 on: February 04, 2012, 02:12:06 pm »

[PRODUCT:100:2:GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GAUNTLETS:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]

This will make a pair of useable gloves, from whatever material you like as reagent.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: February 04, 2012, 02:21:05 pm »

This will make a pair of useable gloves, from whatever material you like as reagent.

Still doesn't work.  :-\

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: February 04, 2012, 02:25:27 pm »

you can make it available for your civ (as hugo has suggested) and you should be able to make it at the forge.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: February 04, 2012, 02:44:19 pm »

Yes because as Stated above Custom reactions only produce "generic" gloves seems to be the only armor type that is bugged like this.
you can make it available for your civ (as hugo has suggested) and you should be able to make it at the forge.

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: February 04, 2012, 02:55:22 pm »

Yes because as Stated above Custom reactions only produce "generic" gloves seems to be the only armor type that is bugged like this.

Alright. Been stuck in this problem for 3 days. Thanks for helping me.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5188 on: February 04, 2012, 04:17:33 pm »

I just made some gem gloves with the reaction I posted. They dont get stockpiled, but if I assign them specificly to a dwarf, he puts them on.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: February 04, 2012, 05:47:50 pm »

Ok got a meta question for an already pretty meta thread.  But with the new release (and likely rapidfire releases immediately following) I turn to my fellow modders for assistance.

Modifications to vanilla files.  Naturally we can't make any modifications to vanilla things without modifying the vanilla raws, but when a new version comes out we need to replace those with the new ones and then re-do the mods.  For example modifying a dragon needs to be done every time for every new version unless you want to risk missing any minor changes to the creature_standard.txt file.

Does anybody have a method or utility for easily installing mods to vanilla files into a new version of dwarf fortress without replacing the whole file?  I know there used to be a utility called Uristmod that did that, but it did not catch on very well and is unfortunately a bit outdated.  It doesn't support some of the newer things such as tags that need to be entered in a certain order.

I guess what I'm asking for is a utility that will look through raw files for particular entries and then modify values based on previously entered specifications. To make transferring mods between versions less of a hassle.  Just set up one file, and easily be able to transfer to any DF version that didn't have a massive raws rewrite.  Hope that makes sense.  Anybody know of such a thing?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 357