Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: Underground exploration! First Post Updated  (Read 39907 times)

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Underground exploration!
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2010, 12:59:34 pm »

I`m unable to find cave entrances in the adventure mode. Yes, i get quests and thus locations of caves but as soon as i`m there i just don`t find the cave entrances..^^

One of my paths to a cave entrance was a single diagonal tile, with no other possible routes. Use "l" to look around the likely spot and you might see a narrow gash in the earth, try and get to it if you can, that is probably the entrance. Caves look a bit different in this version.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2010, 02:14:45 pm »

Do not all caves lead underground? I haven't found one yet that didn't take me there. >.>
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2010, 02:26:38 pm »

I had a cave which was 10 tiles in size and didn't lead anywhere.

Also I trained a guy for 3 hours to get him down there, and suddenly he's incased in ice in an ocean... awwww....
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2010, 03:03:40 pm »

I had a cave which was 10 tiles in size and didn't lead anywhere.

Also I trained a guy for 3 hours to get him down there, and suddenly he's incased in ice in an ocean... awwww....
I'm sorry, but that is funny as hell.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2010, 03:15:43 pm »

Picture says it all, I mean what.

1.  A bunch of plump helmet men.
2.  I SLAPPED this guys leg off with a SOWRD.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2010, 03:18:19 pm »

At least we now have better stories to tell? >_>

Also, I know it's not about Underground exploration, but I was sent to kill a demon in a goblin fortress, and now Goblin Fortresses are surrounded by houses and shops, is this normal now? It's happened with every one I've visited.

@Toonyman: That picture is pure win. =D

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2010, 03:21:10 pm »

At least we now have better stories to tell? >_>

Also, I know it's not about Underground exploration, but I was sent to kill a demon in a goblin fortress, and now Goblin Fortresses are surrounded by houses and shops, is this normal now? It's happened with every one I've visited.

@Toonyman: That picture is pure win. =D

I have a feeling that the goblin civilization(s) in your world were conquered by humans or something. I know mine haven't had shops and the like. On the topic of underground exploration, I've made a very skilled swordsman, he's in all exceptional gear (all the heaviest possible, along with double layers where applicable) and he's got about 50 units of food and 10 waterskins. I'm ready to kick some ass... here's hoping I find my way to the bottom layer.

EDIT: Oh, and call me a wimp, but I've backed up my save. I refuse to lose this effort to a ****ing mangled toe sending me into fits of agony or something like that.
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2010, 03:25:48 pm »

I see. Well, none the less, it's cool to have a bunch of towers surrounded by buildings.

I probably should've backed up my save, that way, I wouldn't have died from infection at the bottom of the world.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2010, 03:56:58 pm »

I backed up my save because I've grown attached to my slapping swordsmen.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2010, 04:06:15 pm »

For some reason, underground exploration is really enhanced by this song, Behold the Darkness. It really sets the mood while I'm underground and makes my imagination race. >.>

I know, I'm weird.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2010, 04:16:34 pm »

For some reason, underground exploration is really enhanced by this song, Behold the Darkness. It really sets the mood while I'm underground and makes my imagination race. >.>

I know, I'm weird.

If you're weird for thinking that song is perfect for exploring underground, so am I... that song is perfect. Thanks! Just found a fairly large magma pool. I'm think I'm on level 2 right now...
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2010, 04:19:39 pm »

Awesome sauce. =D

I just figured I'd share it, since it really set the mood for me. Glad you like it Mythos. =D

I wanna try to draw art now. >.>

My latest adventurer died from being surrounded by ten-fifteen Troglodytes who all proceeded to strangle his throat til he died. =/

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2010, 04:21:21 pm »

Awesome sauce. =D

I just figured I'd share it, since it really set the mood for me. Glad you like it Mythos. =D

I wanna try to draw art now. >.>

My latest adventurer died from being surrounded by ten-fifteen Troglodytes who all proceeded to strangle his throat til he died. =/

Ouch... I'm hoping this guy will actually manage to make it to the bottom. He's sure as hell equipped enough for it...

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2010, 04:25:32 pm »

Yeah, good luck to you. I'm not really sure what to do next. I've been playing humans mostly. Maybe I should switch to a Dwarvf and build some Iron or steel armor in Fortress mode for him and lock it in a room for him to collect. >__>

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2010, 04:26:43 pm »

Yeah, good luck to you. I'm not really sure what to do next. I've been playing humans mostly. Maybe I should switch to a Dwarvf and build some Iron or steel armor in Fortress mode for him and lock it in a room for him to collect. >__>

If you're doing that, go with steel. Apparently normal iron is worse than bronze now (which is actually real life accurate).

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26