Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: Underground exploration! First Post Updated  (Read 39895 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Underground exploration!
« Reply #90 on: April 04, 2010, 05:18:59 pm »

Goblin caps appear to exist.  It's the red tree.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 04, 2010, 05:23:16 pm »

I hate how it still says you've discovered a downward passage when you find one that, for you, goes up. Fills you with joy that you've finally found the way down, then crushes you back down. Bastards.
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 04, 2010, 05:28:15 pm »

After the fight with a cave crocodile i found something.. Interesting- A Blowdart! I followed the trail of darts and corpses and found a giant caveswallowoman. She is nice and agreed to follow me, as long (i quote) "As i lead her to glory and death."

Well, i can`t guarantee for the first thing but the second wish will be fullfilled, i`m sure!

(I noticed that they have no arms; Yet the use spears or blowguns. I`m impressed.)

I take screenshots from now on-
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 05:30:01 pm by Lordinquisitor »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 04, 2010, 05:31:43 pm »

I found a dead horse a while back.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 04, 2010, 05:32:48 pm »

Peculiar... I wonder how a horse got down there? As for my expedition, things are getting very... hot. I just found two magma pools within twenty tiles of each other. Maybe I'm making some progress?
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 04, 2010, 05:39:02 pm »

I lost my brave companion- No she didn`t die, but i doubt that she followed me through the water. In a fight against pond grabbers my ear got bruised, ZOMFG! Anyway i just discovered a passage down..

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 04, 2010, 05:42:55 pm »

Is anyone else planning to do anything special when they reach the end? I'm drinking the blood of the first dragon I killed (yep, I held on to it), taking the upright sword, and going down in a blaze of glory. I'm sure as hell not finding my way back out that far down.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2010, 05:46:34 pm »

Sorry, still being slow.

Uh, Mythos, I'm not sure.

Still on layer one, yeah? You can tell what layer you're on by the types of trees that can be found there. Tower caps and... some other one inhabit layer one. Goblin caps and Glowing purple tube things are on layer 2. Nether caps and Black caps, and bloody thorns are on layer 3.
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2010, 05:47:01 pm »

Been traveling around, can't seem to get deeper.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2010, 05:47:27 pm »

No, I'm on level 2. Been here for a while... can't find a way down. I'm found three ways up, but none down.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2010, 05:47:32 pm »

It says i discovered a magma pool.. But where?!

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2010, 06:02:29 pm »

It'll move the view to the general area of it when it says that, move to that area. Also, this is... strange. I'm seeing both Black Caps AND Goblin Caps. Does that mean I'm on level 2 but close to level 3?

Randall Octagonapus

• Bay Watcher
  • We gota get some medicine for the computer machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2010, 06:08:58 pm »

Has anyone ran into any forgotten beasts down there cause that would be pretty cool?
would you like a slice of one humped camel cheese or two humped camel cheese on that elf burger?

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2010, 06:10:30 pm »

It'll move the view to the general area of it when it says that, move to that area. Also, this is... strange. I'm seeing both Black Caps AND Goblin Caps. Does that mean I'm on level 2 but close to level 3?

Well, i got the message again but there`s no down ramp. ;/

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2010, 06:13:23 pm »

I'm not entirely sure, Mythos.

Layer three has trees from all previous layers. So, you may be on layer 3.

I'm almost done with the first post. I'll add more later. I just want to get basic crap in.

Randall: No one has seen any, as far as I'm aware.
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26