Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: Underground exploration! First Post Updated  (Read 39852 times)

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Underground exploration! First Post Updated
« Reply #375 on: August 13, 2010, 04:07:20 am »

I don't do much exploring underground. Much too cramped and dirty. Although I did find something quite... peculiar, the other day...

A draltha, hanging about outside a town. The only cave was miles away.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 27, 2010, 06:35:11 pm »

Bumping up my moar successful thread. :D
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 28, 2010, 09:32:50 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:32:35 pm by Bronimin »

Dok Enkephalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 28, 2010, 12:59:16 pm »

You cannot fast travel underground.
I don't know if someone mentioned this, but it should be revised in the OP: You can fast travel underground, if you're directly under a site on the map. Doesn't matter how deep you are or even whether there are passages up within the site, you can fast travel away. So if you're desperately low on food/water/patience or managed to get there from an encounter bug, that's a possible escape.

Also, humans and elves both can recruit animal people underground (not sure about dwarves, may be automatically hostile.)

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: September 28, 2010, 03:03:37 pm »

You cannot fast travel underground.
I don't know if someone mentioned this, but it should be revised in the OP: You can fast travel underground, if you're directly under a site on the map. Doesn't matter how deep you are or even whether there are passages up within the site, you can fast travel away. So if you're desperately low on food/water/patience or managed to get there from an encounter bug, that's a possible escape.

Also, humans and elves both can recruit animal people underground (not sure about dwarves, may be automatically hostile.)
Ah yeah, I confirmed this just recently. I really never thought to mention it, but yes. If you're under a site, you can fast travel. I suppose I can edit the OP.

Also, have you ever visited a Mountainhome in clowntopia? Everything is smoothed, and there's walls and such all over. It's pretty cool.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 09, 2010, 03:33:47 am »

Bump up useful info?

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]