Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094372 times)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
bedyed! the king slayer, in the world of sil Arkoth
« Reply #5430 on: July 07, 2013, 04:12:25 pm »

Gather 'round Gather 'Round! There be A story to tell, of bedeyed The King slayer ((actual name was Bed eyes the fatigued, but I didnt want that name and I changed it A bit)) O' He 'as A legendary  'warf, he 'layed his Enemy's down with 'is two whip, one of Steel, one of silver, and he slayed the 'vil King of the 'orth, of elves and there 'eedy little eyes and 'ust for murdering our 'reecutters! 'though we dont know wai'  they slay us, Bedyed simpily gives 'em A few back, with his whip, He killed  A hundred in 'hirty two Elves! No 'ess! No more! 'll tell you how he 'layed them all, and how it all 'egan! 'Elieve it or not, he started out with 'word and shield! like any other 'warf 'hood! he asked the local 'ovner, of the humans of sparnolsto, where he grew up in, 'fer A quest, he was asked to slay the 'ocal Naga named Firi paddlepaddle snaked! the 'ribal chieftess, in the local Catacoms of the 'ity! as 'elved into the catacombs, he slayed nurmous naga's, of all types and genders 'nd 'hat have ye! and at last he found the naga, by then he was 'overed in the blood of 15  nagas! The Chi'ftess only had tr'ee of her most loyal gaurds left, the rest already slain by Bed eyed, as he 'harged into the battle, sword a swinging,blockin' any blows that came! 'nly few blows came in! All the while he was bashing, fighting with the 'urry of the mountains them 'elves! Of course here and there he bit the foot of one of the gaurds feet off, or what have you, by the near ending of the battle, there was only two standing, both bruised and hurtin' the chieftess and Bed eyes! He swung A mighty blow after blow with no avail, she was dodging every hit! Until one hit finally landed, and it hit her knee! Slicing it off! as she fell over, He landed another blow, right into her skull, piercing the bone, and through her outer brain!

In the hands of the dead naga, was A sliver whip, this was the whip that he used from then on, 'ut you may ask " how did he get his other whip? He got it many quests later, from the layer of the forgotten beast Peshchera! A giant sheep with external ribs,violat hair, and breaths fire! He wore steel armor, Head to toe, and his Silver Whip and Steel shield proved him well, as he slew it with only one blow to the head!(( the entire thing was made of violet hair Apparently.))As he reaped the spoils of the chamber, he found his Steel whip, A beauty with with A engraving of A horse!((the horse is laughing...)) and Afterwords, he began the long journey west, the mountain homes of the dwarfs!after A long traveling, he found the dwarfs, they heard long and far of him, and they only asked him one thing, " to 'lay those damned dirty elves!"

And so he traveled to the very north, where the elves lay there dirty lands! ((I modded in so that elfs can build houses like humans)) as he carges into battle, he slays several Elves instantly on each impact! the 'arnage heading towards there fort, where the soldiers lay! ((and in front those damn merchants)) After the gaurds and merchents were slain, he walked up to the very top of  the tower and found the King himself! He slayed the King in A very short skirmish ((read, Whip skull smash))

after he lights fires on the town,he left and came abck to the dwarfs, the dwarfs thanked him and asked to slay the elves of the east, on the other side of the ocean! but... this is when the story ends, as he swam through, he never came back, the elves are still very much alive, some say he drowned, some say the ice ate him up, and others say he became A sea dwarf.

Thas' All! *drunkly walks away and starts cutting wood, and then is slain by A elf.*

((It flash frozed, I didnt had a Back up, I raged. Hard.))
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5431 on: July 08, 2013, 10:15:34 am »

For future reference, while the occassional contraction of the opening sound of a word can make things sound accented, contracting the first letter out of half the words is just hard to read. It's especially awkward when the first letter is part of a digraph.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #5432 on: July 08, 2013, 01:49:18 pm »

Well, it whould of been better if I wasnt doing it  when I was ridiculosly tired, before I just came back from A water park :D
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: July 09, 2013, 11:45:02 am »

I just started a new world as an adventurer, and my dwarf had the good fortune to start with a steel axe and shield, in a world where everyone seems to be using weapons made of silver. I didn't bother with recruiting a companion, none of the villagers seemed to be good at anything apart from farming. Did the usual business of hunting down and killing werebeasts, but then I stumbled into a cyclops' hidey hole.
 He rattled off his kill list, I think there was a human king in it somewhere, and I backed out of the hole and started sneaking. He charged out after me but couldn't find me, and I snuck back in to see what he had. Lo and behold, one-eye was sitting on an armory of steel gear. I grabbed some armor and managed to put it on before he got back. Then the fun began.
We wailed on each other for hours. I kept trying to cut his limbs off but this guy was nothing but fat. At one point he knocked me four tiles away, but I kept going. He got to bleeding and tried running away, but after rattling off that kill list of his every ten seconds I wasn't going to let him go easily. Eventually he gave up, sat down, and died. My only lasting injury was a broken and cut finger, that won't seem to heal for some reason.

After that, I visited the nearest town. There were dwarves and even goblins living here, but the only weapons shop, a bowyer's, was completely empty. I noticed a conga line of cats heading into the sewers, and I followed them to see what was up. We went down into a crypt of some kind, and all of a sudden I see a massive wall of combat text. The cats were attacking a group of four human grave robbers in a room filled to the brin with loot, and the humans couldn't land a hit. I threw in with the cats and managed to kill three of them, and the fourth was struck down by a cat before I could get to him.
A CAT killed a human. He a name for it too, Quemerkupe, or "Glowpregnant".
 "In the midsummer of 250, Glowpregnant mortally wounded the human Adet Praisedconfine, who bled to death in Ironleagues."
None of the cats died, surprisingly. Glowpregnant took a hit to the front paw and leg, but he made a full recovery.
I checked the Legends afterwards to see what happened, and it turns out a member of that group had killed an eaten a cat down in those sewers earlier that year. Cats don't forget, and they don't forgive.
I pet the named cat, and made off with the spoils. I was carrying so much my speed was 70.

So that's where I'm at now. Rich, a little famous for offing a semimegabeast all on my own, and a little more respectful of the cats of Dwarf Fortress.
And the year's not even over yet.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Slashes-With-Claws

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: July 09, 2013, 01:12:29 pm »

Was in the local keep in town, going into the dungeon and killing the criminals down there.  And in the upper levels of the keep this one NPC always seemed odd to me.  Budo Oquohicar The High Hurricane.  He had a blinking icon indicating that he was high level.  I looked at what he was wearing to see if he had any human part items, there were none.  I figured he must be high level because of his title, or got his title because of his level.  But for some reason I kept having this nagging doubt about him.  So, after clearing out the dungeon I came out to the surface at dawn and everyone was asleep but him.  I thought maybe he was an early riser but finally the nagging doubts were too much and I accused him of being a night creature.

Yup, vampire.

Kicked him in the head and crushed his brain.
Mary had a Little Lamb...

...BUT I ATE IT!

Tibbz2

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: July 10, 2013, 05:36:13 am »

About to start my first proper adventure, hell, my first decent stint on DF for quite a while.

Can barely remember a thing, may need the wiki for the first character!!

Edit: And on the first valiant quest to take down an overlord, I am killed by the first flying silver arrow... Go me!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 07:11:25 am by Tibbz2 »
THE DEMONS ESCAPED MY ICE TRAP AND NOW MY LAST WARRIOR IS SMACKING THEM ALL DOWN WITH HER DECEASED TODDLER OH GOD THE BOOZE JUST EXPLODED AND THERE'S SMOKE AND FIRE EVERYWHERE JESUS CHRIST.

Dangerous Beans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: July 10, 2013, 06:03:44 am »

I just kicked a dragon to death  :D
It took a while, and eventually suffocated. Sadly it was only a "Dragon", so not cool enough to have a name. I'll have to find another one.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: July 11, 2013, 03:23:11 am »

(Genesis Reborn) My Dwarf of Steel vampire-necromage finally became a Swordmaster. And found out why werebeast-hunting witrh companions is a bad idea during the full moon- they transform instantly.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Slashes-With-Claws

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: July 11, 2013, 02:51:54 pm »

Beat a plains titan to death then went on a quest to destroy a tablet of The Secrets of Life and Death by throwing it in Mount Doom The Erased Hatchets.  Unfortunately, the volcano proved to be dormant and lacked a lava hole to throw the tablet in.  Either that or I cannot find the bloody thing.  I reached the summit, but did not see any lava.

...BUT I ATE IT!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5439 on: July 11, 2013, 09:47:34 pm »

Beat a plains titan to death then went on a quest to destroy a tablet of The Secrets of Life and Death by throwing it in Mount Doom The Erased Hatchets.  Unfortunately, the volcano proved to be dormant and lacked a lava hole to throw the tablet in.  Either that or I cannot find the bloody thing.  I reached the summit, but did not see any lava.

Your efforts could well have been in vain either way: slabs and books written in worldgen are artifacts and cannot be destroyed by fire.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: July 12, 2013, 02:10:28 am »

I have an elephant adventurer, and I call him the "Mad Elephant" because I'm making sure to kill every living thing in sight, and I can't eat ( can't pick up objects, can't butcher ) so this is really starting to resemble a rabid animal.

I wandered into the mountains, where I kept picking fights with puny wolverines, who were the only ones I could catch because of my measly 959 speed.  One wolverine, however, managed to scratch me enough to actually cause me to give in to pain.  Cue hours upon hours of me passing in and out of consciousness, realizing that this puny wolverine has managed to scratch me practically everywhere.

I decided to tough it out.  I wasn't bleeding to death, I thought my eyes were bitten out, but other than that, I was fine.  Eventually, I woke up and the wolverine was gone.  I now have Superelephantine strength, speed, and toughness, superior in many stats, a movement speed of 1587, scars EVERYWHERE, and  broken right tusk.  Oddly enough, my eyes were okay. 

Now, after that trial by claw and tooth, I'm even more determined to crush every wolverine out there. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: July 12, 2013, 03:36:55 am »

Your efforts could well have been in vain either way: slabs and books written in worldgen are artifacts and cannot be destroyed by fire.

But it would sink to semi-molten rock and be destroyed upon touching it like everything else.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Slashes-With-Claws

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5442 on: July 12, 2013, 10:51:57 am »

Fought a dragon.  Brought two meat shields along to distract it while I sneaked around behind it.  The meat shields went up like matches of course.  I got a lucky hit on its head and knocked it out.  Then took out its eyes and kicked it in the head until its neck snapped.  Also knocked out its teeth so I could collect then.

I am surprised how well a no armor, no weapons adventurer is working.  Also a vampire so she walks around with an empty inventory other than that stone tablet and a backpack to carry it in.

...BUT I ATE IT!

crazyjake56

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: July 12, 2013, 12:33:01 pm »

My hand to hand combat monk died.

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: July 12, 2013, 12:41:56 pm »

My hand to hand combat monk died.
Was it a (cross)bowman?
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.
Pages: 1 ... 361 362 [363] 364 365 ... 1104