Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094298 times)

GrimDark_Majyyks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5415 on: July 01, 2013, 05:27:32 am »

I read a book called FISTLOVELY: PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5416 on: July 01, 2013, 06:21:15 am »

Well, I made a sorcerer race and made a new adventurer. First things first, all the elves are cave crocs. So, swordswoman, did a load of quests, travelled continents, survived bogeymen attacks mostly unscathed and stuff. In short, awesome ensues.
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

GrimDark_Majyyks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5417 on: July 01, 2013, 08:58:39 am »

No more hilariously named books for me. Ran into a titan of some variety, didn't really get a good look because it somehow caused me to bleed to death by shooting webs at me.

How do I shot web?

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5418 on: July 01, 2013, 09:21:44 am »

Cut off Goblins left and right arms so he drops his weapon before he can hurt me. Then he bites my leg and tears it open. Probably gonna get infected eventually now.

"The Goblin Lasher loses hold of the giant cave spider silk right glove.
You slash The Goblin Lasher in the right upper arm with your bismuth bronze short sword and the severed part sails off in an arc!
The Goblin Lasher loses hold of the giant cave spider silk left glove.
The Goblin Lasher loses hold of the iron scourge.
You slash The Goblin Lasher in the left lower arm with your bismuth bronze short sword and the severed part sails off in an arc!
The Goblin Lasher charges at You!
The Goblin Lasher misses You!
The Goblin Lasher collides with You!
You are knocked over!
The Goblin Lasher bites You in the right upper leg, bruising the muscle through the pond grabber leather cloak!
The Goblin Lasher latches on firmly!
The Goblin Lasher shakes You around by the right upper leg, tearing apart the right upper leg's fat and bruising the bone!
A tendon in the right upper leg has been bruised!
You slash The Goblin Lasher in the left upper arm with your bismuth bronze short sword, tearing apart the fat through the giant cave spider silk cloak!
The Goblin Lasher shakes You around by the right upper leg, tearing apart the right upper leg's fat and bruising the bone!
You are no longer stunned.
You stand up.
You pick up the giant rat leather trousers and put it in your groundhog leather backpack.
You pick up the ®+wild boar leather hood+¯ and put it in your groundhog leather backpack.
The Goblin Lasher loses hold of the gray langur leather shoe.
The Goblin Lasher loses hold of the giant cave spider silk sock.
You stab The Goblin Lasher in the left foot with your bismuth bronze short sword and the severed part sails off in an arc!
The Goblin Lasher falls over.
You stab The Goblin Lasher in the right upper leg with your bismuth bronze short sword, fracturing the bone through the giant cave spider silk cloak!
An artery has been opened by the attack, a sensory nerve has been severed and a tendon has been torn!
The bismuth bronze short sword has lodged firmly in the wound!
You twist the embedded bismuth bronze short sword around in The Goblin Lasher's right upper leg!
You maintain possession of the bismuth bronze short sword.
Goblin Lasher has bled to death."

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5419 on: July 01, 2013, 05:14:08 pm »

Just got a pair of steel low boots from the shrine of a swamp titan, a giant white tick. How come titans get all the goodys?

Slashes-With-Claws

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5420 on: July 03, 2013, 09:39:57 am »

"You have been encased in ice.  You are deceased."

Was swimming across a river heading for town when it flash froze.
Mary had a Little Lamb...

...BUT I ATE IT!

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5421 on: July 03, 2013, 12:30:22 pm »

"You have been encased in ice.  You are deceased."

Was swimming across a river heading for town when it flash froze.
I always try to save before long distance swimming Ctrl+Alt+Delete and end DF task so it doesnt save so I can not freeze. Tend save scum that way whenever the game gives the middle finger.

Slashes-With-Claws

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5422 on: July 03, 2013, 01:47:34 pm »

Ctrl+Alt+Delete and end DF task so it doesnt save so I can not freeze. Tend save scum that way whenever the game gives the middle finger.

That is what I did.  I was not going to accept a cheap death like that.

After reloading I came across a bandit camp and sneakily shot them from a distance.  As they passed out from pain I sneaked up and slit their throats while they were unconscious.  Took them all out without being spotted.

...BUT I ATE IT!

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5423 on: July 03, 2013, 02:33:46 pm »

I do that whenever I accept a new quest or get near a beast lair/shrine. The travel times are way too big.

Slashes-With-Claws

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5424 on: July 05, 2013, 09:06:10 am »

Went into the sewers of a large city on a quest to eliminate a specific serpent woman.  So far I have killed four named reptile, cave fish, or serpent people and dozens of their minions, but not the one I am after.

Also came across a battle between reptile and cave fish people.

Finally found my quest target.  And after reporting all those deaths I was told to speak to the leader of the civilization.  Got sent after a dragon, so I borrowed a bunch of soldiers to help out.  Killed it.

And then found out people get really mad when you take just a little of their blood.  I mean, come on, I have done so much to keep the place safe and here they go flipping out over me taking a fee in the form of some blood.  Vampires need to eat too you know, and not all of us are evil.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 11:21:51 am by Slashes-With-Claws »

...BUT I ATE IT!

jimbobobby

• Bay Watcher
  • Ally of turtles.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5425 on: July 05, 2013, 01:02:26 pm »

I started an adventure Wednesday, got a quest to kill a wolf. Went to the lair, cut off its front legs then watched it bleed to death. Went back to the hamlet, told a carpenter what happened then recruited him. I got a new quest, on my way to the lair I was a dark fortress which I decided it would be a good idea for me and the carpenter to sharpen up on our fighting and dodging skills. I started sneaking after travelling like I always do, we came across a mountain troll who my companion proceeded to charge at. The troll broke his right elbow and caused him to drop his bronze boning knife then broke his upper spine, I came to the rescue and started hacking at the troll's upper body. I saw he gripped my companion's throat with his right hand. I swung at his right upper arm and "...the severed part sails off in an arc!" My newly disabled companion is currently pushing the troll, so far he managed to bruise his head. Well maybe he bruised his head, I did swing my sword at his head but it didn't do too much damage.
I'm playing with the Genesis Reborn mod as a clockwork dwarf, good times I say!

Just remembered I had a question, doesn't a broken spine usually result in suffocation? This guy's doing just fine rolling around like he owns the place.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 01:06:09 pm by jimbobobby »
When I was younger, I was a baby.
The power of an Eskimo isn't really something you should just forget about, they can cut a hole in your ice and catch a fish in minutes.

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Indrick Boreale, Adventurus Astartes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5426 on: July 05, 2013, 04:26:52 pm »

I discovered one of the legendary flying lungfish above water near a town. I quickly ran over to it and put it in my pack.

It is now my weapon of choice.

Within said city, I was accosted by terrible vermin(bogeymen). They ran at me and were intercepted by a horde of angry peahens and cats.

What transpired from that point on was the greatest battle the city was to ever see. A Dwarven Monk raining furious blows of death on the bogeymen as they were pecked, pawed and bitten by it's animal allies. The peahens, cats and dwarf stood valiantly and without fear against a foe we cannot comprehend, let alone face directly. Through courage, unwillingness to retreat even in the face of impossible odds, the cats, peahens and Dwarf won the great street battle whilst managing to avoid waking anyone up. When the blessed sun came to grace our land with it's warmth, it revealed the horrible casualties of the peahens and cats and the bruising of the dwarf's arm to the populace. Currently a platinum monument is being erected in the capitol's market square to honor their sacrifices and immortalize their virtues. The king plans to give a speech in regards to them soon.

These peahens and cats and that Dwarf are an inspiration to us all. Wherever you are, Degel Cagithonul and his comrades, know that you have our everlasting admiration. Godspeed, you bloodsucking bastard.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 04:33:26 pm by Urist MacNoob »
Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."

BombStrike

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: July 06, 2013, 12:21:58 am »

While trying to go to my old fortress, I was embushed by some goblin lords that where out on hunting. 1 Goblin Hammerlord and 2 Goblin Legendary Archers. Even with my crazy dodge skills, the first turn was met with an arrow through my lung, then the next turn with a crossbolt in my leg, allowing the Hammerlord to crush me to death.

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: July 06, 2013, 03:20:13 am »

^Really sucks to run into anything master ranged  :'(

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: July 07, 2013, 08:37:42 am »

Hopefully ranged will feel more fair with the tracking/stealth updates.  Right now avoiding getting shot is largely the realm of the random number god and your dodge skill.  That and having meatshields.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 1104