Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094258 times)

azrael300

• Bay Watcher
  • WERE GOING TO LIVE :)
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5400 on: June 27, 2013, 12:25:53 am »

i was going to help everyone
but then the gnomes attacked me at the start.
so i killed the entire town
then went to a human town
they attacked me, so i killed over half of their population by throwing adamantine swords.
then it all ended when i just died

nice song and story i just made? or was it bad?
Edit. Oh Jesus Christ, Necro would be proud. The second horse in the caravan came in and immediately caught on fire. I looked into his inventory and found a burning pig tail fiber bag. Curious, I looked inside.
quote above is by yuriruler90

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: June 27, 2013, 01:12:41 am »

I finally became a necromancer. Legendary ambusher. Snuck in, let the zombies tear my human companion limb from limb, read the book, put it back after I was done since it was heavy as hell, had a nice chat with the locals(they were quite nice about it), and snatched that shiny silver mace I had been eyeing from my dead companion on the way out.

On a semi-related note: it is apparently possible for a steel mace to glance off of a ravens skull. Logic?

Insanity X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: June 27, 2013, 03:19:45 am »

On a semi-related note: it is apparently possible for a steel mace to glance off of a ravens skull. Logic?
I had a copper bolt get deflected by my mouth once
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Remember to brush and floss and drink lots of milk
And the lord said unto John, "Come forth, and receive eternal life." but, John came fifth and received a toaster
Urist McMason, Mason cancels Build Important Wall: Making rock mugs.
It was inevitable.
My succession world turn.

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: June 27, 2013, 11:41:50 am »

I brought companion to an evil biome, he got heavily wounded by zombie goats, but I killed them. I waited for one hour but he was gone - no body left. Wonder if he just got resurrected and got lost in the mountains, devouring careless elves...

And I had a steel mace stuck in my lower left leg. Didn't even notice.

One day a fisherdwarf will find that river and be very confused lol

I think the bodies in the water disappear, I embarked in the same spot where my adventurer drowned in a small pond - body was nowhere to be found. It was stagnant though, maybe he dissolved  :D
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 11:45:48 am by Ragnarock »
Dabbling Overseer

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: June 27, 2013, 02:27:53 pm »

I brought companion to an evil biome, he got heavily wounded by zombie goats, but I killed them. I waited for one hour but he was gone - no body left. Wonder if he just got resurrected and got lost in the mountains, devouring careless elves...

Companions will vanish if you offload the area you're in while they're unconscious. This includes waiting, sleeping, fast-traveling, or simply walking away so the chunk they're in gets offloaded (which can happen while they're awake if they were off chasing camels and you walked in the opposite direction.) Have to be careful that all your crew are awake with you when you initiate one of these actions.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: June 27, 2013, 05:28:57 pm »

My vampire knife user is surprising me. Killed all the titans and megabeasts. Leaders don't give any more quests despite extant named animals and such.

He has lost use of his right hand.
He killed a BC, a dragon a hydra, a cyclops, a giant, 2 titans, and 60 some notables all with only a copper dagger.

Then I got careless. Wrestling another vampire and got bitten in the throat. Bled out.
It was the same vampire whose blood he'd drunk to get cursed.

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: June 27, 2013, 08:24:02 pm »

A giant crab once tore off one of my adventurer's legs, too. Giant crabs are not your friends. :P
Would you possibly even go so far as to call them enemies?

I c what u did there.

Gallahan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: June 28, 2013, 03:08:31 pm »

Ran off to a different island to escape the night trolls. Ended up on an island with nothing but a peaceful civilization of goblins who have never went to war (and thus has quite a few skilled fighters). Even the local bandits would rather talk to me than attack me in an ambush.

After wandering around and running into nothing, I used a legends viewer and found something curious:

http://i.imgur.com/Aw4BWAc.jpg

There is a solitary elf in the city. An elf! How the heck did it get there? The island is obviously disconnected from the rest of the world and that elf isn't some adventurer I retired; I've only played as dwarves and humans so far.

My new goal is to find this elf now. Wish me luck!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 03:10:59 pm by Gallahan »

Mentalpatient87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: June 28, 2013, 03:44:19 pm »

So, this adventurer is going pretty well now. I've got a hundred and thirteen miscellaneous kills (mostly zombies) and twenty-two notable kills (four mummies [hence the zed] and a bunch of batpeople lashers and spearmen) under my belt. I'm rocking a finely crafted steel sword with some nice decorations and a pair of masterwork steel greaves. I've also started carrying an irridium short sword to throw at stuff from stealth. It's very effective. I gotta ask anyone else who uses Masterwork: is irridium better than steel (plate) for swords and armor? I'm not sure how the various metals rank on effectiveness in MWDF and I couldn't find a good guide. I accidentally threw and lost my titanium round shield a while ago and I need to know if I need to be mad about that..

Also, this happened:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's right. I cleaved off the zombie's head and it kept on coming. The mummy that raised it was long gone, and it took two more stabs and an arm lopped off to put down. Craziest thing I've seen yet. Headless damn corpse attackin' me.

Now I'm doing one of two things based on what I find first. Either I'm trying out necromancy, or minecart...-omancy. I hear minecarts are fun to ride.
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow dwarf is either a fool or a coward. Whoever can not take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded dwarf shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

Mrnocamera

• Bay Watcher
  • Qualified.... Something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: June 29, 2013, 10:38:22 am »

(Playing genesis reborn mod.)

Starts game as serpantfolk
Quest to kill werebeast.
"Well this will be easy, I just read about them on the wiki, and it's daytime still!"
Go to lair.
Fall over, get punched in spleen.
Beaten unconscious.
COMMENCE STRANGLE STRANGLE STRANGLE!
You are deceased.
Professional shut-in

You don't need to be good at video games anyway, right?

Bludulukus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: June 29, 2013, 07:33:23 pm »

Ur Gujegmjuk, Human Spearman

First ever adventure, got told of a vampire north of a hamlet, encounter donkey on way to evil lair and decide to kill it. After a fierce struggle donkey is killed by spear to the brain but I am heavily bleeding and bruised but decide to go forth anyway.

I drink the blood smeared all over me and then decide to take a nap only to be assaulted by bogeymen. Punched, kicked, bitten and ultimately shaken by the throat.

You are deceased.

Apparently the donkey was a member of my own civilization so I sort of became an enemy of my own people by slaying the donkey.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 07:40:57 pm by Bludulukus »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: June 29, 2013, 08:57:56 pm »

bogeymen are not known to be kind to donkeys of any civilization. You just happened across some that woke up on the wrong side of the ethereal void that night.

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: June 29, 2013, 09:58:02 pm »

Libash Fleshscarred Master Axeman, huge dwarf, wearer of many steel artifacts, and wielder of a big ol' ☼Steel Halberd☼ with 1 hand.
I found out a nearby human civilization has goblin and elves in their civ. So, I decided I'd have 1 of each race in a party. On the way back to the fortress, after recruiting my companions, to loot more armor I'm ambushed by a large goblin party and amongst them is a Dwarven Master Lasher with a ☼Silver Whip☼. Remarkably the only death was the human I assigned to be a hammerman. It's obviously a sign that my Goblin companion is supposed to be a Lasher and not a Spearman.

Also, while dicking around with a minecart I managed to make myself skip 3 times across the water, not the cart...me, before I passed out from the pain and drowned several Z-s down. Also, if you're gonna ram into something with your cart you sure as hell better bail the hell out before you hit it. Damn minecarts are fun.
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: June 30, 2013, 02:55:39 pm »

I am right now being ambushed by a group of four serpentman vampires, in the middle of the day, on the surface, in the wilderness. I have never seen anything like it before.
And they're naked.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 03:08:32 pm by coldmonkey »
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: July 01, 2013, 02:36:50 am »

I'm having a good run roleplaying a vicious, savage apeman.  Already murdered a couple people, killed dozens of hyenas and managed to kill two lions.  All with my bare hands and teeth ( and the corpse of a wild boar in the case of the lions ). 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 1104