Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 65

Author Topic: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game dead)  (Read 92647 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game starts!)
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2010, 03:52:26 am »

I would like to see a few more turns posted, by the way.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2010, 04:56:41 am »

Sowwy :3

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2010, 09:01:40 am »

Oops, forgot about this. Will put up a turn right quick.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2010, 09:22:07 pm »

In the last turn, I should have made 2 clothes, and used .2 clothes (plus my spirituality bonus) to get one morale point, correct? I should have 1.8 clothes then. However, I only have 1...

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2010, 10:25:20 pm »

I've worked out how this shit works:

Shrines provide a +1 Spirituality Bonus to Morale; no matter how many people you have, 1 shrine adds 1 Morale.

Clothes, on the other hand, need to be consumed, so if you have 12000 people, you need 1.2 units of clothes to get +1 Morale, if you have 50000 people, you need 5 units of clothes to get +1 Morale, but even with 50000 people the Shrine will still provide +1 Morale.

So if you provide say 12000 people with 1.2 Clothes and a Shrine, you get a total +2 Morale bonus.

So last turn, you had 7 Morale (+1 from Clothes, +1 from Shrine), the Drought hit you with a -2 Morale Penalty, but your governor reduced that to a -1 penalty as per his special ability, thus giving you a total of 6 Morale.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 10:27:10 pm by Neruz »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2010, 10:42:37 pm »

That can't be right, what would tombs do then? Plus one of Haika's leaders has a rather odd effect in that case: +50% spirituality would have to mean "one level of morale requires half normal luxuries" to do anything.

I'm thinking Otu messed up in a couple places.  :-\

EDIT: You forgot that one of Cheddarius' leaders gives +1 morale. So he had 5 base morale, -1 for drought thanks to his special ability, +1 morale from his normal ability. Then he added the shrine and/or clothing for 6 morale total.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 10:46:07 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2010, 10:49:05 pm »

Ok, you're right, that can't be right.

But hang on; if you can only build 1 Shrine, then Shrines are alot less useful, especially later on in the game.

Aagh, this Morale system is confusing and rediculous :C

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2010, 11:01:11 pm »

Shrines are still pretty useful. For example, even if you have 20,000 people, you only have to use 1 clothing per turn instead of 2. That's a savings of 2 labor per turn, for an investment of 4 labor at most. It pays for itself within two turns or less.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2010, 11:02:22 pm »

True, they're just not as useful as i thought.

This morale system is overcomplicated XD

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2010, 07:47:35 am »

Haika, sorry for shorting you that wood. You're right, you should have it. However, you don't have the Ceremonial Burial technology required for the Tombs.

Cheddarius - It seems I forgot to add the remaining clothes to your warehouse. The 1 wool isn't the clothes. You had 2 wool at the start of the turn, harvested another unit, and then used 2 units for clothing, leaving the 1 wool in the status. So, yes, the 1.8 clothes are there.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2010, 09:53:16 am »

Woot, all right.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2010, 01:08:54 pm »

Haika, sorry for shorting you that wood. You're right, you should have it. However, you don't have the Ceremonial Burial technology required for the Tombs.

Ahh right, fixeded. Also if I can use any of that labor in the labor pool, put it to use makeing more clothes, or at least one of them. Not quite sure how that worked so just let it be.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2010, 06:41:40 am »

Turn in a few hours, in someone still wants to add flavor to their posts. Some bookkeeping notes in advance:

Neruz, you started the turn with 3 wood, produced 2 wood, and used 2 wood, so you're at 3 wood still, not 2. Also, you're working a hunted tile, but you don't seem to take that into account. That would add 1 food or 1 leather to your stockpile, and since the leather won't rot, I'll assume that one.

Haika, you started the turn with 2 wood, produced 2 wood, and used 3 wood, so you're at 1 wood, not 2. Also, the pasture doesn't reduce the food production unconditionally, only when you use it to produce an animal. That means you'll have more food in your granary.

Evilcherry, I noticed that I shouldn't have removed the 0.2 clothes in your last turn. The 1 food "waste" was actually sufficient to increase the morale without the clothes (remember that excess food eaten counts as luxury).
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2010, 09:05:16 am »

Neruz, you started the turn with 3 wood, produced 2 wood, and used 2 wood, so you're at 3 wood still, not 2. Also, you're working a hunted tile, but you don't seem to take that into account. That would add 1 food or 1 leather to your stockpile, and since the leather won't rot, I'll assume that one.

Oops.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2010, 10:55:14 am »

The turn is up. As always, feel free to yell any errors at me.

I think I know Neruz's choice already, but I didn't want to assume there.

Regarding the Excess Labor Pool, it's simply a pool where the fractions of a labor point (and food requirements) are stored that the population would generate from never being a clean multiple of 1000. You'll automatically gain the labor point and need to provide an extra food once the pool fills up.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 65