Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 65

Author Topic: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game dead)  (Read 92652 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of a New World discussion (AoR-like; game starts!)
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2010, 09:46:46 pm »

Not sure what you mean Otu; my turn looks fine.

Also, do i have to provide equipment for my Great Warrior or does he just automatically have awesome stuff?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2010, 09:52:49 pm »

"Equipment"? Hah! True warriors fight with nothing but a -improvised shale club- and *giant cave spider silk loincloth*!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2010, 09:55:38 pm »

My warriors fight with ambush, invsibility, poison and treachery, but each to his own.

Also; if i make some leather armor, spears and shields this turn, can i also train some soldiers to be ready for next turn, or do i have to train them next turn and have them ready by the turn after?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2010, 11:28:22 pm »

How do I find other player characters' cities?

Neruz, I have some iron, I'll spot you a thousand iron weapons if you want.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2010, 11:30:34 pm »

I'd have to find you first; i'm planning on making a troop of dudes and sending them out with my warrior to explore.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 11, 2010, 02:04:45 am »

Hmmmm. I might work on some explorers, myself...

Anyway, I'll spot you 1000 quality iron weapons, as a sign of good faith; and shall we start trading afterwards? I'd like any wood or stone you have... maybe 4 per 1 weapon?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 11, 2010, 03:29:00 am »

We'll see how mah exploration goes; i wouldn't want to lock myself into anything only to discover you're on the other side of the planet :P

Plus, next turn i'm going to quarry them mountains and see if i gots me any metals of my own.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 11, 2010, 04:01:43 am »

Not sure what you mean Otu; my turn looks fine.
I mean who your great warrior is. I would presume you'd choose the Green Knight - he's almost tailor-made for that role, but as I said, I don't want to assume - it's your choice.
Also, do i have to provide equipment for my Great Warrior or does he just automatically have awesome stuff?
He automatically has the best equipment your technology has to offer, including bows. You can choose not to have him get heavier armor if his speed is more important to you.

Also; if i make some leather armor, spears and shields this turn, can i also train some soldiers to be ready for next turn, or do i have to train them next turn and have them ready by the turn after?
You can train soldiers and create their equipment in the same turn. You can also upgrade the equipment of the soldiers later, though they may need to train with new weapons or heavier armor.

How do I find other player characters' cities?
Simply explore into the right direction, and hope they're not too far away.

Neruz, I have some iron, I'll spot you a thousand iron weapons if you want.
A thousand weapons is a heavy bit of labor. A normal military unit consists of 100 people.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 11, 2010, 04:26:00 am »

I mean who your great warrior is. I would presume you'd choose the Green Knight - he's almost tailor-made for that role, but as I said, I don't want to assume - it's your choice.

Oic. yeah i'm thinking he'll be The Green Knight. Makes sense, as he's probably the only Seelie the Unseelie would follow without objection into combat, and he is, as you said, pretty much tailor-made for the role.

He automatically has the best equipment your technology has to offer, including bows. You can choose not to have him get heavier armor if his speed is more important to you.

Awesome, so i don't need to worry about equipping him.

You can train soldiers and create their equipment in the same turn. You can also upgrade the equipment of the soldiers later, though they may need to train with new weapons or heavier armor.

Double awesome, next turn we gonna do sum explorizing.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 11, 2010, 10:39:44 am »

100 weapons, then. Anyway, it takes 1.5 labor to produce them, and only .5 or even .3 labor to produce a resource, so I think 4 resources is a fair price. What do you think, Neruz?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 11, 2010, 06:23:41 pm »

*shrug*, like i said, we'll see. If you're nearby and the easiest source of Iron then it sounds like a good plan, but i got a military workshop for free, which lets me produce weapons\armor with 1 labour rather than 2 labour, so if i have some decent metals it would probably be cheaper for me to make them myself, since i'm going to want metallurgy at some point anyway, and Abraxas gives me a nice research boost.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 11, 2010, 06:56:15 pm »

Dang, 2 labor per weapon? Drat. Looks like my dreams of becoming a powerful arms merchant are ruined.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 11, 2010, 07:07:36 pm »

That's per 'unit', i'm guessing 1 unit of weapons outfits 1 unit of soldiers.

Also you can build a Military Workshop to bring it down to 1 labour per 1 weapon too if you want.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 11, 2010, 07:10:46 pm »

Yeah, 2 labor per unit of weapons. Still a little pricey, in my opinion.
That being said, it's pricey for everyone else too, so I may be able to make a profit after all, especially with the workshop.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2010, 08:12:00 am »

Waiting on Haika. He posted in his Hephaestus' Automaton thread that he has a busy week ahead, so we'll wait a bit.

I think evilcherry's turn has a minor bookkeeping error - he should have one more wood than he says in his status.

Regarding metal weapons, by the rules you need a smithy first to create them, and for that, you need metalworking first. That does seem excessive. I'm inclined to move the smithy to Mining. Agree/disagree?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 65