Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230613 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Oh how the mighty have fallen. [Turn 70]
« Reply #1500 on: November 11, 2010, 05:17:12 pm »

KineseN, can you carve a rune of ice into my longsword when you have the chance please? I would really like to make my longsword even more overpowered.

Give the dagger back to KineseN, then look for a small bit of Moloch's armor that looks like it would be good for a shield. Hopefully with minimal rust to the piece of armor.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1501 on: November 11, 2010, 05:40:31 pm »

I could do that, yes.

And seeing as I won't be meleeing that much I say the dagger goes to Kilakan instead. Until there will be a time I find a better use for it, like powering up my Stone Spirit.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: November 11, 2010, 06:02:33 pm »

I take the scroll and examine it. See what I can find out of it. I also see if I can learn the secrets of the pillars.
Stone Spirit heals Tarran or me.

Hopefully I get a scroll of überness, epicness or at least invisibility. Hopefully not a scroll of metamorphosis.

Despite not knowing any, attempt to use fire magic to smelt some of Moloch's armor down.

Try to take a peek at that scroll, If I can't, Take some of the non-Degraded Armor that's left.

Action change:

I'll use my knowledge of elementalism to try to smelt some of the armor.

actually I took daggers and throwing to well throw daggers, then I remember THE dagger, and I really would like to have it.  So could I please?  anyways for now:
Attempt to repeat the conversion process on one of the strength crystals.

KineseN, can you carve a rune of ice into my longsword when you have the chance please? I would really like to make my longsword even more overpowered.

Give the dagger back to KineseN, then look for a small bit of Moloch's armor that looks like it would be good for a shield. Hopefully with minimal rust to the piece of armor.

Benchmark just so I don't have to go through pages of posts later to find everyone's actions. If the action up there is incorrect(or missing) let me know so I can change it.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: November 11, 2010, 06:22:44 pm »

You could probably just do the turn now and give Virroken two turns next time... :D
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: November 11, 2010, 09:20:45 pm »

Since KineseN said so, action change:

Give the dagger to Kilakan, then look for a small bit of Moloch's armor that looks like it would be good for a shield. Hopefully with minimal rust to the piece of armor.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: November 12, 2010, 01:37:05 am »

Sorry, hi. I'm a day late, and people are thinking about autoing me?

Ignore dead-Moloch goodies, make runes out of frost/ice/cold stuff.

edit: But yes, I do intend to do stuff completely unrelated to looting/goofing off with pillars. Good call, IronyOwl.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: November 12, 2010, 01:49:04 am »

Sorry, hi. I'm a day late, and people are thinking about autoing me?

No. I've only been autoing Acanthus because he's been absent for over a week. I would give you at least as long before doing the same.

Turn up tomorrow, then.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Beware the chicken! [Turn 71]
« Reply #1507 on: November 12, 2010, 12:59:02 pm »

I take the scroll and examine it. See what I can find out of it. I also see if I can learn the secrets of the pillars.
Stone Spirit heals Tarran or me.

Hopefully I get a scroll of überness, epicness or at least invisibility. Hopefully not a scroll of metamorphosis.
You walk over to the scroll and pick it up. (5) Unfurling the scroll, you see a picture of... a chicken? Yes, a chicken, with a crescent moon in the background. Weird. (Luck 1) You are far too baffled by the scroll to even think about anything else.

Despite not knowing any, attempt to use fire magic to smelt some of Moloch's armor down.
You try to smelt some of the armor down, (2) but you can't even make any fire. How disappointing. (Luck 5) You do find several small pieces of metal that you can carry with you, however.

Try to take a peek at that scroll, If I can't, Take some of the non-Degraded Armor that's left.
You ask Kin if you can look at the scroll, (2) But he just stares blankly at the piece of parchment. (Luck 6) You shrug and collect some pieces of armor.
Action change:

I'll use my knowledge of elementalism to try to smelt some of the armor.
You also try to smelt some of the armor, (2+1) and being slightly more successful than Davar, actually manage to produce fire. (Luck 5) It's not hot enough to smelt the armor, but it does heat it up enough to the point where it is malleable.

+3 to Elementalism
New Spell: Conjure Flame

actually I took daggers and throwing to well throw daggers, then I remember THE dagger, and I really would like to have it.  So could I please?  anyways for now:
Attempt to repeat the conversion process on one of the strength crystals.

You fire up your conversion device and aim it at the orange crystal. (4) The device creates a small orange gem. (Luck 3) The light in the crystal goes out.

+2 to Alchemy

Since KineseN said so, action change:

Give the dagger to Kilakan, then look for a small bit of Moloch's armor that looks like it would be good for a shield. Hopefully with minimal rust to the piece of armor.

You hand over the dagger and start scouring the pieces of armor. (1) You trip on a piece of scrap metal (Luck 1) and fall onto another piece, giving yourself a very nasty cut. across your right arm.

Ignore dead-Moloch goodies, make runes out of frost/ice/cold stuff.

You try to remember how to create runes after not using them for so long. (4+2) You grab Tarran's longsword and begin carving a rune of ice into it. (Luck 3) The rune is a little crude, but it works just fine. The blade becomes frigid to the touch and glows with a faint blue light.

+3 to Runecrafting.

Quote from: Aut0-Acanthus
Task: Imbue Force
Marcus goes around and tries imbuing various other weapons with force. (3+3) He takes Kin's hammer and starts imbuing it with magic, (Luck 4) Enhancing it's destructive capabilities.

+3 to Metamagic

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Davar(IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 01:03:12 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1508 on: November 12, 2010, 01:25:03 pm »

Wow, did not expect that. At all.

Carve a Rune of Channeling onto my staff. De-equip the shard, equip the hammer.
Stone Spirit heals Tarran.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: November 12, 2010, 02:32:20 pm »

Wow, did not expect that. At all.

Hehehe...

Yeah, you don't have much use for it at the moment. It might come in handy later, though.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: November 12, 2010, 02:35:36 pm »

I cast summon skeleton.
My skeletons attempt to remove one of the crystals from the stone holding it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: November 12, 2010, 02:38:35 pm »

Peh. Darn Random Number God, trying to give me a bad time.

Cast Cure Moderate Wounds on myself.

Hopefully I won't kill myself. However, the RNG is bound to want to screw me over next turn. Oh well.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: November 12, 2010, 02:42:45 pm »

OH!

That's the key. I was thinking maybe it was some noble house's symbol, but no, it's the talisman we needed to shut the gate.

I'll also take a wild, wild guess at the symbolism and say a chicken with a moon is the opposite of a rooster with a sun- so it's basically the opposite of dawn.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: November 12, 2010, 02:48:55 pm »

I'll also take a wild, wild guess at the symbolism and say a chicken with a moon is the opposite of a rooster with a sun- so it's basically the opposite of dawn.

*claps*

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: November 12, 2010, 03:06:56 pm »

Really? Awesome, I thought I was probably in Crackpot Scholar mode. :D
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 120