Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230620 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Oh how the mighty have fallen. [Turn 70]
« Reply #1485 on: November 11, 2010, 02:39:36 pm »

I use my mage ability of rememberance to figure out which color crystal empowered magic, and try to make a ring out of one of those crystals.

If <player-me> remembers wrong, and there was no crystal of magic-empowering-happiness, I'll just try to make a ring of regeneration.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 04:28:27 pm by Nirur Torir »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: November 11, 2010, 03:18:44 pm »

Try to take a peek at that scroll, If I can't, Take some of the non-Degraded Armor that's left.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: November 11, 2010, 04:12:34 pm »

Also RNG, would trying to smelt Moloch's armor be any harder/less experience-granting than just trying to create flames for the purpose of creating flames? Also, purely out of curiosity, which of my three actions were you hoping would go through?

I thought Giga-Cannon would be kind of fun, though since you're not particularly skilled it probably would have just been Mana Cannon.

I use my mage ability of rememberance to figure out which color crystal empowered magic, and try to make a ring out of one of those crystals.

If <player-me> remembers wrong, and there was no crystal of magic-empowering-happiness, I'll just try to make a ring of regeneration.

Yeah, there wasn't any magic-empowering stone. There was:

Deep Red/Purple - Regeneration
Bright, Sickly Green - Degeneration
Light Blue - Reflect
Bright Orange - Strength

Of course, there are a ton of different colors and shades of those colors that could be produced as well. Maybe you should ask Irony nicely to see if he will make you something.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 04:17:17 pm by RandomNumberGenerator »
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: November 11, 2010, 04:26:38 pm »

I thought Giga-Cannon would be kind of fun, though since you're not particularly skilled it probably would have just been Mana Cannon.
Aw. Still, I should probably learn some sort of attack spell one of these days. :P

Yeah, there wasn't any magic-empowering stone. There was:

Deep Red/Purple - Regeneration
Bright, Sickly Green - Degeneration
Light Blue - Reflect
Bright Orange - Strength

Of course, there are a ton of different colors and shades of those colors that could be produced as well. Maybe you should ask Irony nicely to see if he will make you something.
To be honest, the only thing keeping me from gleefully cutting everyone magic crystal jewelry is a harebrained scheme involving the orange crystal and Moloch's armorstuff. It wouldn't take much to get me churning out items from unidentified magic crystal.

Speaking of which, can we tell anything about the qualities of Moloch's armor? Can I tell whether it would make a good cutting weapon, for instance?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: November 11, 2010, 04:27:46 pm »

Speaking of which, can we tell anything about the qualities of Moloch's armor? Can I tell whether it would make a good cutting weapon, for instance?

Make a metallurgy check?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: November 11, 2010, 04:29:01 pm »

I would like an axe made out of the stuff if its anything like slade, but if it sucks as a bladed weapon a fuckheavy mace would do.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: November 11, 2010, 04:29:30 pm »

Action change:

I'll use my knowledge of elementalism to try to smelt some of the armor.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: November 11, 2010, 04:35:09 pm »

By the way, RNG, How comes the novel?

... You were writing a novelization of this RTD right? My memory is a bit spotty.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: November 11, 2010, 04:36:11 pm »

Action change:

Would you like me to swap to carving baubles then?

EDIT: I assume a metallurgy check would take an action? Would it be a full action or could you roll it into, I don't know, smelting it down?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 04:39:59 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: November 11, 2010, 04:37:56 pm »

By the way, RNG, How comes the novel?

... You were writing a novelization of this RTD right? My memory is a bit spotty.

Yeah... It's on standby. I started it about a week before classes started, and I had a lot of free time. Now classes have started, and I have very little free time.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: November 11, 2010, 04:40:29 pm »

That's a shame, NaNoWriMo would have been perfect for it.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: November 11, 2010, 04:48:16 pm »

Action change:

Would you like me to swap to carving baubles then?

EDIT: I assume a metallurgy check would take an action? Would it be a full action or could you roll it into, I don't know, smelting it down?
Go ahead and help for the xp or try to identify it, if you want. We can take the crystals with us (probably), but I see no easy way to take the armor with us as it is.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: November 11, 2010, 05:08:28 pm »

actually I took daggers and throwing to well throw daggers, then I remember THE dagger, and I really would like to have it.  So could I please?  anyways for now:
Attempt to repeat the conversion process on one of the strength crystals.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: November 11, 2010, 05:13:30 pm »

That's a shame, NaNoWriMo would have been perfect for it.
???

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: November 11, 2010, 05:15:20 pm »

National Novel Writing Month. Someone basically decided it'd be cool for everyone to attempt to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November, and the idea caught on to some extent.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 120