Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 120

Author Topic: Arcanum Octet II: Forbidden Lore [Turn 81]  (Read 230516 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: Beware the chicken! [Turn 71]
« Reply #1530 on: November 12, 2010, 06:31:38 pm »

IDK, my aegius stone is still here, I haven't used it but they are crystals and stones, not powders.... so I think if properly used they could be small and extremly effective passive effects.  Plus I have had success with permanent alchemy effects, note my regeneration (thank god for that) and the dagger of Di'ako.
Nom nom nom

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: November 12, 2010, 06:34:32 pm »

True, but the whole point of the machine was to make alchemy reagents. I don't doubt you could produce a permanent effect with them, but I suspect simply wearing one around your finger wouldn't do anything, in contrast to my carved crystal pendant.

But again, the bigger question is "is this any better than having someone cast regeneration on the device?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: November 12, 2010, 06:43:06 pm »

Hum, I think I shall actually try something now with that idea.
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: November 12, 2010, 07:06:00 pm »

The stones are meant to be used in potions, yes.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: November 12, 2010, 10:26:36 pm »

Make runic shapes made from ice.

Runes are powered by their shape, right? Therefore chalk, engraved, and ice-sculpture runes are equally viable?

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: November 14, 2010, 09:20:49 pm »

Force Imbue my sword
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: November 14, 2010, 09:50:14 pm »

Good to have you back, but you know your only non-imbued sword is that silvery one, right?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: November 14, 2010, 09:56:00 pm »

Fine...

Then I'll attempt to recreate the force pellets
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcanum Octet II: And nobody was blown up. [Turn 72]
« Reply #1538 on: November 19, 2010, 07:20:17 pm »

Wow, did not expect that. At all.

Carve a Rune of Channeling onto my staff. De-equip the shard, equip the hammer.
Stone Spirit heals Tarran.
You use your shard to carve a rune like the ones on the chamber walls into your staff. (5+3) You create one so similar it is almost eerie. (Luck 4) The rune takes on a dull green glow.

+3 to Runecrafting

Your spirit goes off to heal Tarran, (3+1) taking care of his wounds.
I cast summon skeleton.
My skeletons attempt to remove one of the crystals from the stone holding it.

You summon another skeleton (1+2) and calling it to your side. (Luck 6) You now have another slave.

+3 to Summoning

Control 5: Your skeletons move over to one of the crystal spires and try to collect the stone. (5) They separate the crystal from the rock, which one of them then carries.

Peh. Darn Random Number God, trying to give me a bad time.

Cast Cure Moderate Wounds on myself.

Hopefully I won't kill myself. However, the RNG is bound to want to screw me over next turn. Oh well.
Despite your relative inexperience with healing magic, you decide to attempt a rather complicated spell. (4) It works rather decently, (Luck 3) but you can't fully control the magic. It still heals your remaining wounds, however.

+3 to Vitamancy
New Spell: Cure Moderate Wounds

Try to melt the Scrap to the point where I could make something out of it with Heat based Fel-Flame

Oi, could someone engrave my armor or my axe? or make a new axe out of Moloch metal once we hit the road? It would be appreciated, me being the 'Death knight tank' and all.

You try to melt the scrap down. (6) You blast the scrap with hellfire. (Luck 2) You create a useless pile of slag.

+2 to Demonology
New Spell: Hellfire

Forge Dunib a new breastplate out of the metal Nirur softened, using magic or force to work it if possible. If not, Kin's spare hammer or the back end of my hatchet.

EDIT: The breastplate will include a slot(s) for crystal enhancements, either in front of the heart or on the shoulders.

You go to work on shaping the softened metal (4) using Kin's extra hammer. (Luck 3) The metal is incredibly difficult to work, but you turn it into a more-or-less chest-shaped piece. It might benefit from more work on improving it, but it can be worn in it's current state.

+3 to Smithing

Focus and cast shield of faith onto the magical conversion device, while having it turned on, in the hopes of making condensed shield of faith.

You try to cast Shield of Faith on the conversion device. (3+1) The magic gets sucked in through the device, (Luck 5) creating a small crystal.

+4 to Invocations

Make runic shapes made from ice.

Runes are powered by their shape, right? Therefore chalk, engraved, and ice-sculpture runes are equally viable?
You create some ice to try and form into runes. (2+3) You forge the crystals into small shapes, (Luck 5) then turn those shapes into a rune of warding. This seems to create an odd effect, as the rune itself is empowered, rather than the object it is carved into.

+4 to Runecrafting

Fine...

Then I'll attempt to recreate the force pellets
You work on making small force pellets. (2+3) You create an array of pellets, (Luck 3) which can be shot around.

+3 to Metamagic
New Spell: Force Pellets

Spoiler: Nirur Torir (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Virroken (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Aarchan(Kilakan) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kin(KineseN) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus(Acanthus117) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tarran (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Davar(IronyOwl) (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 10:57:09 am by RandomNumberGenerator »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: November 19, 2010, 07:22:43 pm »

Oh hell yes. Would it need to be heated to continue working on it?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: November 19, 2010, 07:29:42 pm »

Its funny. As soon as Moloch stops wearing the all powerful super armor it becomes really easy to destroy it.

I bet everyone five bucks that If I had gotten hellfire earlier and had used it, It wouldn't have done much.

Hmm... Try to use a piece of the heap o demon metal to sharpen my axe, I guess.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: November 19, 2010, 07:35:50 pm »

To be fair, it's a lot easier to ruin plate armor than bash through it in combat. "One turn" also involves a lot more hitting out of combat than in it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: November 19, 2010, 07:36:46 pm »

Huh, I just realized I said "Cure Moderate Wounds" instead of "Cure Minor Wounds". Still, that was a good screw-up since I've now got an actual Cure Moderate Wounds spell and nothing bad happened in return.

Anyway, RNG, you said I got a new spell of Cure Light Wounds. While in my status it says Cure Moderate Wounds.

Also RNG, there's a broken acronym tag in Nirur's status.

Now, as to what I'll do this turn...

Read my Healer's Handbook for a area of effect healing spell of some sort.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: November 19, 2010, 07:44:46 pm »

hummm....
Combine then aiegus and shield stone, to create a type of shield, and magic Resistance infusion to be applied to a persons skin, which it then absorbs into and transfers the abilities of the stones permanently into the persons skin.  Turning their flesh into the equivalent of armor with a holy shield cast upon it.  Use the calcinator in the process.
Also I noticed Di'ako's stats changed, will they do that occasionally or what?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 07:46:36 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: November 19, 2010, 08:01:38 pm »

Also I noticed Di'ako's stats changed, will they do that occasionally or what?

It changes depending on who wields it.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 120