Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656683 times)

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1575 on: June 02, 2011, 04:31:06 pm »

In some villages, it is a pain in the ass finding that guy. Poorly designed quest if you ask me.

He's hiding, of course he's hard to find. It's a very nicely designed quest, IMO.
Also, apart from never moving he's also the only NPC in the village who has a sword.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: June 02, 2011, 04:50:01 pm »

In some villages, it is a pain in the ass finding that guy. Poorly designed quest if you ask me.

He's hiding, of course he's hard to find. It's a very nicely designed quest, IMO.
Also, apart from never moving he's also the only NPC in the village who has a sword.

Indeed. Once you know what to look for, he's easy to find. That is, as long as you don't mind trudging around the village, searching every nook and cranny. One time he spawned outside of the village, next to the watch tower. It took me several passes through the village before I finally decided to check the watchtower.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: June 02, 2011, 04:57:05 pm »

I don't like playing hunt the pixel quests in any game. Sometimes he is easy to spot. Sometimes he hides outside of the village, inside a chicken coop, or some other silly place. I might not even be so miffed if they hadn't given the illusion the villagers could help out by giving you a speech option with them. It's like the whole village is harbouring "Vlan the Killer".
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: June 02, 2011, 04:59:33 pm »

Indeed. Once you know what to look for, he's easy to find. That is, as long as you don't mind trudging around the village, searching every nook and cranny. One time he spawned outside of the village, next to the watch tower. It took me several passes through the village before I finally decided to check the watchtower.
Yes, when hiding in a village, one of the best places to hide is somewhere that's not in the village.

I don't have problem looking for him. It's a game of hide-and-seek that ends in a grossly one-sided swordfight, after all.

It's like the whole village is harbouring "Vlan the Killer".
Considering that you relation with the village drops after killing him, that might be true.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: June 02, 2011, 05:02:36 pm »

If you kill him and before it boots you out you use the quick exit thing (tab) you do not lose relations with the village.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: June 02, 2011, 05:05:21 pm »

So they get pissed at you when you start teabagging the corpse?

...Not that I do that, of course.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #1581 on: June 02, 2011, 06:31:36 pm »

So, what convinces a Leader to make you a Vassal? How much they like you, or Renown? Or both?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: June 02, 2011, 06:34:06 pm »

Both.

Sometimes you can be a super famous warmonger without a faction and they'll ask you to join them.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: June 02, 2011, 06:47:26 pm »

Well, the Swadian Queen likes me well enough, now i just gotta kill some peeps. Using Native Expansion, and damn those roaming Mercenary groups are tough, so i MUST CONSTRUCT RECRUIT ADDITIONAL PYLONS MARKSMEN.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: June 02, 2011, 08:02:47 pm »

SWADIAN?! MARKSMEN?! WHATT?!

I happen to be aligned with the nord, with an army of eighty huscarls (Which is significant because, they are not marksmen)! I eat entire Swadian armies, three-hundred strong for breakfast!
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: June 02, 2011, 08:09:09 pm »

huscarls (Which is significant because, they are not marksmen)
Technically they are, since they throw axes if I recall.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: June 02, 2011, 08:25:52 pm »

SWADIAN?! MARKSMEN?! WHATT?!

Praven's the top-most selection when you create a character, so i've been going with them for a while.

And yes, Marksmen. I tell them to hold position on some hill so that their view's as unobstructed as possible, then i engage the enemies myself, going around the enemies in circles on my Horse. Since they all clump together from running after me as i go around them, the Marksmen (and myself, since i'm shooting my crossbow while moving which is rather inaccurate) have a better chance of hitting someone when they fire, and they're able to deal with the occasional straggler that ignores me and goes after them. Of course enemy Marksmen and Cavalry are a problem, so i try to shoot them down first.

By the time i run outta bolts, the enemy's morale is usually pretty bad from getting their asses kicked (Native Expansion morale stuff), so i can then tell everyone to charge and run down anyone who's fleeing.

Besides, you gotta admit there's something pretty cool about watching volleys of bolts fly over your head and cut down a big clump of enemies.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 08:29:13 pm by 612DwarfAvenue »

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: June 02, 2011, 09:23:53 pm »

Meh, I play Eagle and the Radiant Cross and serve the imperial state.

Because musket lines + Curassier charges = awesome fun times
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: June 02, 2011, 10:58:22 pm »

Played a fun battle one time against over 90 tier 2 units and a Lord. Knocked out the Lord (only guy on a horse) with couched lance as first blood, then ran my army down a hill, with arrows flying overhead, and smashed into their forces. We didn't lose a single man, but more enemies routed than were killed.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: June 03, 2011, 02:37:27 am »

So, what convinces a Leader to make you a Vassal? How much they like you, or Renown? Or both?

Renown (I think 150 is the baseline). Good vibes with the faction leader reduces the renown requirement but not by much. Just start as an impoverished noble and you can be a vassal within a couple of gametime days, since a noble heritage nets you 100 renown at start.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 310