Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656680 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1560 on: June 01, 2011, 05:25:30 pm »

The game only stores the most recent center you request as being requested by you, so if you took a city and then a castle you only have credit for taking the castle.

If you want a center, you have to take it and then wait for it to be given to you before you move on to take another. Otherwise it's as if you captured it and said you didn't want it.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: June 01, 2011, 05:46:12 pm »

No no, the town was given while I was waiting for... I think it was a siege tower I was building. And besides, I actually didn't request the castles. I wants a town~!
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
  • This is how smithing works. (For dwarves at least)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: June 01, 2011, 09:09:38 pm »

Does anyone else have problems with the quest where you have to talk to the spy in XX? I can never do it, honestly.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: June 01, 2011, 09:24:35 pm »

What's so difficult about it? Just talk to people until you find the spy, say the correct phrase, collect your reward. One of the simplest quests in the entire game.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: June 01, 2011, 09:34:29 pm »

In a city full of people, with no indication of what the person looks like, or where they will be.

And if you happen to forget the phrase, there's no way to find it out again.
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where an Artificial Intelligence-controlled unit can pull the pants off someone and the proceed to beat said someone to death with said pants.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: June 01, 2011, 09:47:15 pm »

There aren't that many, just talk to all of them. And yeah, you do have to remember the phrase, which I guess could be a problem if you've got the attention span of a gnat.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: June 01, 2011, 09:48:23 pm »

In a city full of people, with no indication of what the person looks like, or where they will be.

And if you happen to forget the phrase, there's no way to find it out again.
This quest is ridiculously easy, just tedious. Unless you completely did not read the quest description, then of course you'll never be able to do it.

For one, the quest giver tells you the gender of the spy. That halves the entire list of candidates. And you only have to remember one single word of the phrase since all the choices are completely different.

If you can't remember the phrase, go back and speak to the quest giver. He reminds you what the phrase is.

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: June 01, 2011, 10:06:45 pm »

I didn't know he reminds you of the phrase, and I usually just get the jist of what he's talking about, and use the quest menu if I don't recall some peice of information.

I do a lot of quests.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #1568 on: June 01, 2011, 11:17:56 pm »

I've done that one a few times. It's generally pretty easy as long as you pay attention to catch the phrase and the gender of the spy. There aren't that many walkers in the towns, it usually only takes a couple minutes. With luck you'll get it quick, but even if you're unlucky and have to talk to every male or every female walker in the entire town it shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Out of all the times I've done that one (at least a dozen or more) I only had one time where it was annoying, and that was when the spy was bugged walking into a wall on the top of a building (up stairs on a little roof thing) and I looked all over the place before I found him. Only saw that the one time though, usually hes out in the open with all the other peasants.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #1569 on: June 01, 2011, 11:51:36 pm »

In Warband, i had a Bandit bug into a wall once, when i was helping the Farmers clear them out. Thankfully his hitbox was still slightly outside the wall, so i was able to eventually find the right spot on the wall to attack and kill him.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: June 02, 2011, 07:18:06 am »

For the spy quest, the spy actually tends to have a different name than the rest of the people, too. Like "Townsperson" with everyone else being "Commoner" If I remember correctly.

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: June 02, 2011, 02:18:28 pm »

I think it sais "nervious looking man"

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: June 02, 2011, 02:21:45 pm »

I think it sais "nervious looking man"

Nope, thats when you're hunting a killer. He's easy enough to spot anyway, he's the only one aside from the elder who never moves.

my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: June 02, 2011, 02:27:29 pm »

In some villages, it is a pain in the ass finding that guy. Poorly designed quest if you ask me.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

PCpaste

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: June 02, 2011, 02:38:45 pm »

The only time I had a problem with that quest is the first time, when I had no idea what I was looking for. The townspeople were no help at all, either.

After a day or two (In-game time) of looking for him, I eventually found him hiding behind a building. I never had any trouble since. They seem to all like to hide behind buildings.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 310