Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 310

Author Topic: Mount and Blade  (Read 656670 times)

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
Re: Mount and Blade
« Reply #1590 on: June 03, 2011, 07:22:30 pm »

Yep, just fought a few more mercenary groups and now i'm in. For some reason, every time i become a Vassal, they give me Rduna, which is clear across the Swadian territory from Praven... oh well, gotta start somewhere. Now to raise thousands of denars to pay for building stuff in Rduna...
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: June 03, 2011, 08:37:21 pm »

I think every nation has one village that's not attached to any particular castle or town, with always-crappy prosperity, just so they can shove it up the new guy's(that's you) ass.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: June 03, 2011, 08:44:17 pm »

I think every nation has one village that's not attached to any particular castle or town, with always-crappy prosperity, just so they can shove it up the new guy's(that's you) ass.
However, if one of them is looted you will receive that one
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

elitetaco3519

• Bay Watcher
  • The savior of Orzammar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: June 03, 2011, 09:03:13 pm »

I havent played this game in a while, but i do remeber that seiges were fun, on both sides. I always used arrows and picked off some poor guys.
"...my word is poontang." Full Metal Jacket

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: June 03, 2011, 09:35:09 pm »

In my experience, you always get a village belonging to the current marshal, so that way they hate you when campaigning starts.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: June 03, 2011, 09:36:56 pm »

Man, I just had a brilliant line battle in MM. Ended up being named hero of the pubs due to my incessant killing of the french, and then I was declared commissar of the pubs for the last round. Great night :D
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #1596 on: June 03, 2011, 09:49:26 pm »

Yeah, Rduna's usually looted by the time i get it, but it gets back to normal after a short time.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: June 04, 2011, 08:12:37 pm »

Nope, every village is attached to a town.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1598 on: June 05, 2011, 05:41:48 pm »

Damn I love my mace.

I had <6 HP, was completely alone, and I was against 13 Sarranid soldiers. I proceeded to knock out 10 of them until someone got a lucky swing.

Should I get an axe, as many of the hits were blocked by shields? All of the sarranids had them.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: June 05, 2011, 06:02:49 pm »

Nope, every village is attached to a town.
Indeed, they just give you the absolute least valuable village at the current time. This typically is a border village that constantly gets raided.
Hello Hunam

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: June 05, 2011, 06:26:03 pm »

Damn I love my mace.

I had <6 HP, was completely alone, and I was against 13 Sarranid soldiers. I proceeded to knock out 10 of them until someone got a lucky swing.

Should I get an axe, as many of the hits were blocked by shields? All of the sarranids had them.

Axes will devestate shields, but they don't do much against the actual enemy. I think, least to greatest for ignoring armor, it goes slash, pierce, bludgeon. Of course, the blunt weapons usually have a lower base damage, so against less armored opponents they seem less useful.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: June 05, 2011, 06:47:50 pm »

A piercing weapon and a blunt weapon, i've found will absolutely crush anything with plate armour. For anything else, slashing is damn good.

To the morningstar thing below, aren't morningstars also able to crush through blocks?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 08:22:05 pm by dogstile »
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: June 05, 2011, 07:04:00 pm »

Get a morningstar. Does >56 damage while on foot, 126< on horse.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #1603 on: June 05, 2011, 08:36:42 pm »

I currently use a two-hand sabre to swing it at enemies that I wanna get rid off, but Mace for armored enemies.
Should I get my bow n' arrows for a shield + something else?
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: June 05, 2011, 09:16:48 pm »

If you can get a 1/2 handed weapon with a shield, thats usually awesome. Means you can deal with archers, without sacrificing the power that going 2 handed can do. Having a bow and arrow is wonderful for sieges. I wouldn't use it past that though, I usually have a bow on me, and I admit I only use it while riding towards a force, shooting arrows at it to soften up a few people before my knights hit hard.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 310