Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2809973 times)

Narmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #4875 on: May 22, 2011, 08:49:11 pm »

Spacemaster mode is essentially GM mode. You can fiddle around with things in the game as part of RP, bug-fixing or cheating.  It's also how you assign your legitimate "starting" research and ships. The SM password is set when you create a game, and if you don't set it to anything, it will be "".

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: May 22, 2011, 09:25:15 pm »

Okay, got that whole ordeal worked out. Now, when I try to make a new Universe I guess, I have no SM password and then it says Error 3265. What's wrong now?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: May 22, 2011, 10:58:19 pm »

Well this game looks complicated.

So complicated, in fact, that I'm not quite sure how the hell to install it.  What version/patches do I need?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: May 23, 2011, 09:54:12 am »

Okay, got that whole ordeal worked out. Now, when I try to make a new Universe I guess, I have no SM password and then it says Error 3265. What's wrong now?
Completely guessing, but: Try moving the game out of the Program Files directory if you use Win7/Vista.

So complicated, in fact, that I'm not quite sure how the hell to install it.  What version/patches do I need?
1) Download this: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,1830.0.html Follow the instructions.
2) Then this: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,3330.0.html
3) Done! You should now be able to play it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: May 23, 2011, 10:07:10 am »

Completely guessing, but: Try moving the game out of the Program Files directory if you use Win7/Vista.

1) Download this: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,1830.0.html Follow the instructions.
2) Then this: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,3330.0.html
3) Done! You should now be able to play it.

common errors:
change the number format to english!
remember to unzip the zip within the AuroraInstall491.zip

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: May 23, 2011, 10:32:17 am »

Tarran: I can haz marij plz?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: May 23, 2011, 11:49:54 am »

...Huh?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4882 on: May 23, 2011, 12:57:59 pm »

Have you tried just clicking ok on the error and playing? Aurora will sometimes throw errors for various reasons but will still play. Like if you don't include a starting NPR, for example, it will throw several errors when it tries to generate the NPR's technology. At what point are you getting the error?

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: May 23, 2011, 06:30:48 pm »

I just have to comment. I have a naval captain named Harry Potter.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: May 23, 2011, 06:33:51 pm »

I just have to comment. I have a naval captain named Harry Potter.

My empire is a race of space-faring swedish hobbits.

And that's when I realized that this game is awesome.

DemonOfWrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: May 25, 2011, 03:53:37 am »

Are ground units supposed to just vanish after a won war??

I had a planet with a precurser pop on it, so I was building up an army to try and clear them out (I'd shipped most of my units there, and had spent ~5 years training more to ship there) when my engineer regiment hit a vault with an army in it. After frantically shipping the rest of my ground troops there to swing that battle in my favour (it was roughly even at the start), after I won against that everything I had on the planet (around 20 units all told, I had something like 5 crappy units left on Earth, not including garrisons on planets to keep unrest down) simply vanished into thin air, and I'm seriously aggravated about it (I hadn't used/trained anything besides garrison batallions before that planet, so I've only got what I started with in training facilities, so it'll take me ages to build back up to what I'll need to clear what was originally on that damn planet).

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: May 25, 2011, 10:14:32 am »

Does this game still have the minimum resolution problem?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: May 25, 2011, 10:14:56 am »

It's a known bug, there was something on the forums about it recently. Are you using the last version?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: May 25, 2011, 10:18:04 am »

I haven't played it in ages as my laptop doesn't have the minimum width of 1200 is it? I just wondered if that was still the case.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: May 25, 2011, 10:20:57 am »

yes. it now supports a 800px with reduced height mode, but 1200 width is still a must. there is an alt+move program linked back that may help.
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 1347