Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2809874 times)

Narmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #4890 on: May 26, 2011, 08:44:09 am »

Are ground units supposed to just vanish after a won war??

I had a planet with a precurser pop on it, so I was building up an army to try and clear them out (I'd shipped most of my units there, and had spent ~5 years training more to ship there) when my engineer regiment hit a vault with an army in it. After frantically shipping the rest of my ground troops there to swing that battle in my favour (it was roughly even at the start), after I won against that everything I had on the planet (around 20 units all told, I had something like 5 crappy units left on Earth, not including garrisons on planets to keep unrest down) simply vanished into thin air, and I'm seriously aggravated about it (I hadn't used/trained anything besides garrison batallions before that planet, so I've only got what I started with in training facilities, so it'll take me ages to build back up to what I'll need to clear what was originally on that damn planet).
If Aurora just horribly bugs out on you like this, drop into SM mode and spawn yourself some new units.  Nobody will judge you for that.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: May 27, 2011, 12:18:26 pm »

I have just picked this back up again.... Time flew, it was 4 AM by the time I got myself to stop.

Also, world of difference playing with 'real star systems' and without it.  I like it even more without real star systems, its more of a surprise what sort of galaxies I find, loving it.  I set 30 jump points in the Sol system with 33% local system chance and 50 system spread.  Mostly cause in 'real star systems' 30 Sol jump points = +2 entry points into Sol in most systems or end up going in circles... which I hated.
Or perhaps that has changed since last I played.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4892 on: May 28, 2011, 06:58:39 pm »

Bit of a bug-

Whenever I try to load the F9 System view menu, I get a bug that says-

Error 7 was generated by aurora
out of memory
please report to (URL that doesn't work)

halp pl0x?

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4893 on: May 28, 2011, 09:41:56 pm »

seriously, this is a game breaking bug, help would be appreciated.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: May 28, 2011, 10:47:52 pm »

Never seen anything like that. You're not running the game from Program Files do you? And...as Aurora is database-driven, this error might have something to do with your OS configuration, although I'm not sure.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: May 29, 2011, 12:43:59 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:29:18 pm by ggamer »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: May 29, 2011, 03:50:53 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: May 29, 2011, 08:29:08 pm by ggamer »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: May 29, 2011, 06:17:17 pm »

Could you please calm down and stop posting in caps? It doesn't make you look smart. And Steve's only human, he could've missed it or he could not know the answer.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: May 29, 2011, 07:51:28 pm »

:I

bluh.

Sorry, It's a rather fucking annoying bug that does not allow me to build colonies, and i've been looking for a solution for several days now.

Is there a way to build colonies besides using the F9 menu?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: May 29, 2011, 08:00:34 pm »

In the Task Groups window, if you select a body, there's an Add Colony button on the bottom left of the window.

Though the F9 window is still pretty important: Otherwise, you have no way of knowing what a planet is like.

If he doesn't help you within a day or two, quote your post again and ask for help. The only other person who had that error did get a response the second time--I'm pretty sure it wasn't fixed though, because the guy didn't respond to Steve's question in his response.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: May 29, 2011, 08:10:48 pm »

... I can't get past the interface. I mean seriously. DF is lightyears more intuitive.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: May 29, 2011, 08:28:25 pm »

In the Task Groups window, if you select a body, there's an Add Colony button on the bottom left of the window.

Though the F9 window is still pretty important: Otherwise, you have no way of knowing what a planet is like.

If he doesn't help you within a day or two, quote your post again and ask for help. The only other person who had that error did get a response the second time--I'm pretty sure it wasn't fixed though, because the guy didn't respond to Steve's question in his response.

Thanks bro. I was kinda shit out of ideas for a second there. editing out pointless raging.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: May 30, 2011, 06:13:37 am »

You can also just drop infrastrucures and/or colonist. Or anything really, it'll automatically create a colony.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: May 30, 2011, 09:16:04 am »

For those who don't know - you can also right-click on the map in relatively recent versions!

There are options to make a colony there and to go straight to issue orders to this taskgroup under your mouse.

There is also an option to create a colony from Geological Survey window which I use 80% of the time.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: May 31, 2011, 04:08:55 am »

Going to have to cross my fingers for a database-save of my game, or I'll be putting this on the backburner again.

Short form, I was disassembling precursor tech for sweet, sweet research, completed a project and this somehow deleted my colony.

The problem? Said colony was Earth, with its 1.2 billion population and the only location of my fledgling empire's massive shipyards.

Given I'm something like 40 game-years into the game, I really don't want to have to start over.
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 1347