Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 1347

Author Topic: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games  (Read 2809850 times)

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aurora - The Dwarf Fortress of 4X Games
« Reply #4905 on: May 31, 2011, 02:22:03 pm »

This, besides database corruption, is why I keep a few DB backups.  :P

But you could also recreate the earth colony using the Space Master. You'd be just fixing a bug.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: May 31, 2011, 04:52:38 pm »

What files do you copy over for a DB backup?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: May 31, 2011, 04:57:21 pm »

You only need to copy Stevefire.mdb, I think.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: June 01, 2011, 02:01:52 am »

Yah, that's true, but having the database corrupt like that really reduces my interest in the game. I think I'll wait for the next release before starting a new game, since I'm going heavily into the fighter/carrier battlegroup side, and I think there are going to be some changes to make it easier to handle that sort of setup.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: June 01, 2011, 07:05:33 pm »

Guys... I'm trying to play the game but the right part of the screen is missing, as well as the bottom. This is strange, because my resolution is 1280x1024 (the minimum resolution)...

Any idea what's causing it? I'm playing in version 4.91 because the other dls don't seem to work...

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: June 01, 2011, 07:51:26 pm »

For updating, just copy the content of the package, say, 5.42, over your installation of 4.91. That would work. Anything newer than 4.91 is not a complete install AFAIK, as Aurora needs those graphic files to work.

No idea what could be causing that though.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: June 02, 2011, 05:24:23 am »

I updated to 5.42. There's still the right part of the screen missing. I did'nt see any options to correct that.

Decimator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: June 02, 2011, 11:44:08 am »

I updated to 5.42. There's still the right part of the screen missing. I did'nt see any options to correct that.

Show us a screenshot, and maybe we'll be able to help you.
Quote from: Duke 2.0
Urist McMood: Must have... Glass!
 Kogan McHauler: We were able to get a few pieces from some encrusted trinkets. Hopefully, thats al-Oh CRAP we don't have any fuel!
 Urist McMood: That won't be a problem...
 *Starts bending metal with his bare hands*

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: June 02, 2011, 12:48:00 pm »

Man, I am trying to get into this, but hopy shit it is hard. Does anyone know of a up to date tutorial? Cause the one on the wiki has like eight errors in the first paragraph.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: June 02, 2011, 12:56:55 pm »

Use the tutorial, read through it, some/most of it is correct. The tutorial will give you the basic knowledge, such as what slipways are and what tonnage of ship you can build on it. After you've read through it, try a game for yourself and ask questions here or on the Aurora forums when you get stuck. The best way to learn is through experience, you'll pick everything up after a while and what you don't pick up, you can ask about here. The thread is also a goldmine of knowledge and inspiration if you ever want to browse it at some point.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: June 02, 2011, 02:12:58 pm »

For reference... the first... 30-ish(?) pages contain a lot of whining and dining.  So disregard that.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: June 02, 2011, 02:21:13 pm »

Show us a screenshot, and maybe we'll be able to help you.

Here you go.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I tried to simply move the window and expand the screen to the right, but it does'nt work.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: June 02, 2011, 02:27:20 pm »

Wait, are you sure your screen size is at least 1280x1024? That looks kinda narrow for 1280x1024.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4918 on: June 02, 2011, 02:38:52 pm »

I am 100% sure my screen size is 1280x1024. Imageshack resized it to fit his standard format.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4919 on: June 02, 2011, 03:23:46 pm »

Ah.

Then I'm without a clue. You might want to ask Steve on the official forums.
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 1347