Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in different breeds of Sukusuku Hakutakus? (please reffer to post #330 [AKA page 23])

Yes, give us more animals!
- 23 (92%)
No, I rather take it easy!
- 2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33

Author Topic: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Back, but also not quite  (Read 129025 times)

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.6.5 or V6.5 A mod fit for Touhou fans
« Reply #120 on: October 17, 2010, 06:44:59 am »

your frontpage link is fine, but that url there is the link to the submit screen for it, and gives the "you don't have permission to do this" message.
Also could you please include a .bat file or something to erase every ._DS file.
also the above file says it's for 31.12, and the file is "Suika Fortress 0.31.12 win.zip". Is this a lack of edits to the DFFD page or the wrong link?

Ok I made an error an didn't submit the update before I posted. So yeah that's my fault. ^^;;

Here's the actual link which of course is also on the main page.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1601

Also .bat file to erase ._DS files? I'm not sure what your talking about here since I don't handle those kinds of files. ^^;

Anyways, let me know if there are any other complications.

My current focus after I get some free time will be to continue trying to see what I can do about "myons" and ghost faires. Then likely follow up with working on some of the Inaba race's behavior and characteristics.

Course this may change rather quickly since I now know that the next installment will contain "Night Creatures" which means I may actually turn my focus on making some actual youkai Touhou charaters in the game after this upcoming release.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 06:52:13 am by Totaku »
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.6.5 or V6.5 A mod fit for Touhou fans
« Reply #121 on: October 17, 2010, 06:49:24 am »

your frontpage link is fine, but that url there is the link to the submit screen for it, and gives the "you don't have permission to do this" message.
Also could you please include a .bat file or something to erase every ._DS file.
also the above file says it's for 31.12, and the file is "Suika Fortress 0.31.12 win.zip". Is this a lack of edits to the DFFD page or the wrong link?

Ok I made an error an didn't submit the update before I posted. So yeah that's my fault. ^^;;

Here's the actual link which of course is also on the main page.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1601

Also .bat file to erase ._DS files? I'm not sure what your talking about here since I don't handle those kinds of files. ^^;
bat files or ._DS files?
bat files just use dos to issue commands to windows
the ._DS file is an invisible file that the Mac OS puts in every folder.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.6.6 or V6.6 A mod fit for Touhou fans
« Reply #122 on: October 17, 2010, 07:30:56 am »

Mmmm.... well I never seem to have an issue with them, but just to ask, are these ._DS files causing any sort or problem?

As for right now I'm running through the terminal removing every .DS_store I can find.. and will post a non ._DS version shortly.

ok non _DS version up. Let me know if there are still any problems that come up... I'm keeping the orginal as a back up if there's any real problems that come with this...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 07:50:48 am by Totaku »

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2010, 07:49:20 am »

Mmmm.... well I never seem to have an issue with them, but just to ask, are these ._DS files causing any sort or problem?

As for right now I'm running through the terminal removing every .DS_store I can find.. and will post a non ._DS version shortly.

ok non _DS version up. Let me know if there are still any problems... I'm keeping the orginal as a back up if there's any real problems that come with this...
the only problem they sort of cause, apart from taking up space that isn't needed, is making some antivirus programs consume more CPU than usual when scanning them. not a problem on high-end computers, but on low end or old ones.
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2010, 08:54:49 am »

Is it possible to use the Suikas in a vanilla game? That is without changing everything to -kurris and kappas. I just thought it would be hilarious to imagine a Suika Fortress building up with Goblins attacking and stuff.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2010, 09:08:57 am »

Is it possible to use the Suikas in a vanilla game? That is without changing everything to -kurris and kappas. I just thought it would be hilarious to imagine a Suika Fortress building up with Goblins attacking and stuff.

Something like that would be very simple to accomplish. Depending on how vanilla you want it. (like from the original or Mike Mayday's version.) You could simply take the raws of the Suikas' and replace the Dwarves' in the creature_standard.

If you want graphics with it you'd have to probably replace the graphics of the dwarves with my file with Suikas and possibly rename.

Other than that, for extra flavor, you may want to go through entity_default and make sure your Suika units are named properly like you know "swordssuika" and "Spearsuika". That would be about all the change you'd need to do with it.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2010, 09:31:54 am »

Something like that would be very simple to accomplish. Depending on how vanilla you want it. (like from the original or Mike Mayday's version.) You could simply take the raws of the Suikas' and replace the Dwarves' in the creature_standard.

If you want graphics with it you'd have to probably replace the graphics of the dwarves with my file with Suikas and possibly rename.

Other than that, for extra flavor, you may want to go through entity_default and make sure your Suika units are named properly like you know "swordssuika" and "Spearsuika". That would be about all the change you'd need to do with it.

Hmmmm, I see. Simple is good. Of course I know next to nothing about modding in Dorfs. I understand the basic ideas, though the use... like graphics. I'm not sure how you go about say "meshing" them. Like say you want to use this graphic set for units, then this one for tiles.

The only downside I have to Suika Fortress is trying to think which -kurri was what in vanilla when I embark. Though I guess that isn't a huge problem.

Or I'm rambling. Who knows. I'm hungry.

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2010, 09:50:45 am »

In short, there needs to be a list of which yukkuris are what animal originally.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2010, 11:49:52 am »

In short, there needs to be a list of which yukkuris are what animal originally.
There's one on the front page actually. Upon further thought, I just would find it more fun to have Suikas fighting hordes of goblins and kobolds. Yukkurris lack arms and legs to hack off in glorious combat.

I however can't figure out a way to say, use the Suika sprites for the Suika, and then use Phoebus tileset.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2010, 04:17:14 am »

There's one on the front page actually. Upon further thought, I just would find it more fun to have Suikas fighting hordes of goblins and kobolds. Yukkurris lack arms and legs to hack off in glorious combat.

I however can't figure out a way to say, use the Suika sprites for the Suika, and then use Phoebus tileset.
thats because suika sprites are taken from the modified mayday.png
you'll have to move them onto the phoebus tileset, or figure out how to use the graphics folder.

DwarfyDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Of course it's not safe! What are you, an ELF?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2011, 11:55:17 pm »

Don't mean to bump, but is this getting updated anymore?
Small elves in your beard. The STD of the Dwarven world.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 13, 2011, 08:08:57 pm »

Back from the dead people! I have been rather busy over the last few months, but I think I'm starting to get my confidents back.

Anyways... with the current bugs that have been sorted out with Suika Fortress and all the new features I'm going to have to look very carefully at what I have to plan.

Cause orginally I had Bamboo set to be a tree but that's obsoleete now that it's a grass. I'm going to have to look through everything in the newer versions so that I can see how I'm going to include the Inaba race. As well as some of the other things I promised. Than there's also all the new animals that have been thrown into the mix too... And the night creatures I'm considering modding in. Alot's on this plate this time. So it could be a while.

But this project is definetly not dead.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 08:14:11 pm by Totaku »

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 13, 2011, 08:14:24 pm »

You're gonna have your work cut out for you! Your Suika Fortress still inspired me to make my Koakuma mod, though I haven't even considered releasing it yet. I've been thinking of what to do to make it unique - beyond Koakumas of course - but I just can't think of anything. I ramble, but anyway, good luck!

Maybe I should add a Suika NPC race, hmmmm.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 13, 2011, 09:27:18 pm »

Oh, I'm looking forward to the next release.  I don't know anything about Touhou, but I need me some more eastern fantasy to go with the Osmen I've appropriated from Deon's Genesis Mod.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2011, 02:52:11 pm »

Oh, I'm looking forward to the next release.  I don't know anything about Touhou, but I need me some more eastern fantasy to go with the Osmen I've appropriated from Deon's Genesis Mod.

Well Touhou is a game series made by a single man (and also a drunk) named ZUN. The game series, is mainly a overhead shooter (like Raiden, Ikaruga and the like) except without the planes, and with girls, dodging massive loads of bullets.) And yeah it's pretty much influence by old eastern culture.

Anyways, here's what I can report for the time being.

I'm currently transffering everything I made into the new version. It's going to take some time, because I want to make sure alot of the yukkuri will have their new features that have been added.

But this does spark in an interesting question though...

Since we know yukkuri make up the live stock for the Suikas. :P I was curious, how many of them should be grazers? Some reason I want to make nearly all of them (except for the more notable cannabils like the Rumia yukkuri for example.)

Also how many should I consider having a beserk button? The Yukka yukkuri seems like a good canidate.

Thought and opinions would be much appricated as I work carefully on transfering everything to 0.31.24.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 33