Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you be interested in different breeds of Sukusuku Hakutakus? (please reffer to post #330 [AKA page 23])

Yes, give us more animals!
- 23 (92%)
No, I rather take it easy!
- 2 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33

Author Topic: Suika Fortress V0.7.5 - Back, but also not quite  (Read 129011 times)

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.6.6 or V6.6 A mod fit for Touhou fans
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2011, 03:18:26 pm »

Oh nice, Suika Fortress is back. As for the grazers question, I'd say just go with what the animal they've replaced has for now. Or at least till you can select something for them to eat... cause don't most of them like something in particular? And I'm pretty sure it's not grass.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 03:36:26 pm by Patchy »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
  • The little oni that strikes the earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2011, 04:09:49 pm »

I suppose if there's a way to do it through the raws. I haven't checked if there's a way to give them other food as feed.

Anyways.... I'm know I've been out of the woods since the animals drive that occured in winter, but I'm impressed with the new animal line-up especially in the domestic lineup. That I'm looking at right now.

Right now I'm trying to figure out which critters will get a face lift and which ones won't.

So far, I've only looked over birds and the domestic list, but here's an idea I'm thinking of.

Spoiler:  Lots of animals (click to show/hide)

Course this is just the tip of the iceburg, but I got some planning to do here. :P And of course if there are any ideas that you can think of the I can replace certain animals with other critters from the world of Gensokyo, go ahead and let me know.

Some critters I'm planning to put into this for the next updates are faries, FOEs, Myons, ghost faries, hell cats and Hell ravens, just to name a few.
That's one small step for man, one giant leap for Otakukind!

And maker of the mod in progress known as Suika Fortress Now for 0.34.xx!

Ockad

• Bay Watcher
  • Take a look at my fine wares!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2011, 04:18:58 pm »

Touhou, isn't that a sort of Tofu?
I like meat-replaceables.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2011, 10:22:39 pm »

Another question popped into my mind.

Egg-laying!

I forgot that we now have creatures that can lay eggs.

So this sparks up another question:

Should I consider give certain Yukkuri the ability to lay eggs?

It might make sense for some, but I though I'd ask since some other would seem odd.

But I my idea was to consider most Avian based Touhou yukkuri (Aya, Hatate, Mystia) and Frog based (Suwako), and Snake types (Kanako)

But of course this may be odd, but because the yukkuri flan takes place of the giant eagle...I was curious if it should lay eggs too. If so I'll also consider having the remillia yukkuri to do the same as well...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 10:26:37 pm by Totaku »

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2011, 02:10:16 pm »

I don't see why not. So, go for it hehe.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2011, 06:02:25 pm »

Ok I'm about 25% done now. I've managed to transfer all the yukkuri, Suikas, and other Gensokyoians to 0.31.25.

Right now I'm busy aligning the sprites accordingly and making sure to include everything that needs to be included with in it. (Giving certain yukkuri egg laying abilities, making them become possibly enrage, ect.)

Following this will be testing to make sure everything works since I may have to look back a few times since I need to make sure Biokkuri and Yukkudaiyouseis can live through world gen.

Then from there, I'll be working on adding in all the new creatures I planned to add. I'm also considering some PC-98 charaters to be yukkurified as well.

Course also let's not forget, that I also need to add some actual Touhou charaters in to become possible night creatures.....

So yeah I still got a full plate, but at least I'm making some headway.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2011, 12:44:39 am »

Currently I have everything finally in place and got tested out world gen to make sure everything works. And currently making sure all the said features of the game work while I being working on some new plans. Which include what I have mentioned above. But now I'm also going to look into making all the different Suika sprite Catagories that are mentioned like bee keepers, ghost, ect. And then look in adding bamboo and maybe see what I can do about slabs since they share the same spot as certain hills.

Then it'll be time to work on sprites for all the different new animals as well. Which I can guess from there I'll work on the Inaba race, thier behavior, charatristics, and personality (as well as sprites).

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 31, 2011, 01:20:06 am »

Ok right now I have been working on the animals sprites.

I finished a good number of the new animals most of them use sprite reconfiguring of former sprites. (Used boar sprites to tweak into pigs and Rhinos just as a basic example.)

But I have also done the sprites for the Moko-sheep and Night Sparrows:

This of course is only part of the plan, there's still more to do, thus I will be busy for a while. But I thought at the very least I could give you a heads up.

Anyways, any feedback on what I can do with the other animals or sprite in paticular is always helpful. For now, I will continue my work.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 02, 2011, 03:58:11 am »

Ok, I spent the last few days testing out DF since it's been a while since I last played it. Recently at least in Dwarf Mode, I learned that I needed to make some changes with some of the sprites. especially with the bracelet and trees. But also with some of the new tools I get to finally make use of that extra blank spaces. So heres what I can report:

Bracelet now have thier own sprite
Slabs now have a more tomb stone look to it (and I guess that makes the hills more...hilly maybe?)
Jugs have been renamed into Gourds and have thier own special icon.
Jars will share the same icon as straw berries and other berry based item.
Palm trees have been moved into another location in the text based sprites
Honeycombs share the same icon as bee ant hill and so forth.
Night Creatures and boogiemen have thier own special sprite.

Guess it's now time to work on some other farm animals and other easy edits.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 06:50:50 pm by Totaku »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 03, 2011, 10:25:50 pm »

I finally managed to complete the list of animals sprite from .19 all the way to .25. That was alot of sponsered animals to work with.

But now that this hurdle is out of the way. I can now proceed to giving sprites to the new animal people.

Following this will be when I will turn and start working on the new Suika occupations that have been given. From beekeepers all the way to Pressers. Same goes for the humans and kappas.

Following that I should release an update to Suika fortress for you all before starting on the new features.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 07, 2011, 11:30:49 am »

The animal people are now done, now all the remains are doing the designs for the new occupations for the humans, kappas and Suikas, as well as including ghosts.

Then I shall release a new update. After that will be the when I'll start working on new content.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suika Fortress UPDATED- V0.6.7 or V6.7 A mod fit for Touhou fans
« Reply #146 on: April 08, 2011, 03:00:09 am »

Ok 0.6.7 is now up!

As of this point, I now have all the animals people, and new sponsered animals thier sprites, as well as gave bamboo, and several other items thier own special sprites as well as finished transfering everything to 0.31.25.

Course now that I gotten that out of the way it's time to talk about something different...

NEW CONTENT ideas!

Basiclly I'm now looking to do what I discussed a long time ago. Which is to being work on a new race, new critters, and possibly more night creatures to make life interesting...

The new race: Inabas: The rabbit race that is known through the bamboo forest that serve Eirin and Kaguya. Likely I'm aiming to make them both picky and sneaky. (so think elves and kobolds combined together assuming that's possible.)

New Critters: Myons, faires, ghost faries, FOE(?) I want the lovely world of Gensokyo to have some more flavor to it. We have plenty of things now but I think it would be nice to have some actual threats from the game. Though right now I'm looking at the weaklings. :P

Actual Touhous: As Night creatures:Rumia, Mystia, Wriggle, and a few other night travelers. Though my aim is to make use of their the night creatures behavior to reflect the said charater. This is assuming I can make it possible, but I have some hope for this. Course like I've said before I will only use actual Touhou charaters if I can appply them in there and make them reflect off who they are. And above all else... make sure they are they are a one of a kind charater you encounter.... and possibly come back to life. :P

New Yukkuris: Yukkuribara: A yukkuri based off of the mystery hermit Kasen Ibara. My aim is to make Kasen's yukkuri reflect at the very least her unique ability of her arm which seems to disintergrate sprits. While it's unclear what her ability is. I think it may be something simalar to decay... So for the time being I'm considering making her have the ability to cause a venomous bite that can cause you to decay...rapidly.... course I'm subject to change her if I find out more infromation of her ability.

Also I thinking about other yukkuris, but I'm unsure. Cause I have no idea how long this will take... but I guess I can put it in the form of a poll....

Should we have yukkuri based upon PC-98 charaters? I mean I have Mima already. But Shinki, but she possible to use yet...

And a final note: Did I make the yukkakkuri too aggresive? I must wonder... I wanted something like the elephants from the boat murder days,.... but worse. But did I go to far? I'll let you decide.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 03:26:49 am by Totaku »

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 08, 2011, 06:42:14 pm »

Downloading it now. And yeah go for the pc-98's as well, there's a bunch of good ones in there too.

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 09, 2011, 03:58:18 pm »

Ok something's got me spooked at the moment.

I went through my recent game and noticed something odd.... a lack of iron.

I need to know if it's just me or is everyone else getting no iron, wether it be from mining or from trading. Cause if that's the case I need to fix this problem right away.

Then again this could be just a civ thing. But I want to make sure. Please let me know if you spot this error of if you see iron in your list for trading, or if you spot any others (other than the ring looking like a catuts)

Edit: Ok, someone informed me that there is indeed a problem with iron so I will have to through the raws and find out what happen to it and why it refuses to show up on the map.

If anyone can look through my raws and point to me why the error has occured please let me know.

Edit #2: Ok I've managed to located the problem. Seems it was a mistake in the tokens either in the metal or mineral section. I mainly replaced them with the old DF files and then renamed them again, and now Iron's back in. I'm going to go and fix up a few other tiny errors and then put up an update again. Thanks for anyone who tried to help.

Edit #3: Scratch that, the error occured once I renamed the toy tags back to what they were
Perhaps the error is within the toys themselves?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 06:21:15 pm by Totaku »

Totaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2011, 10:08:08 pm »

Scratch this post I made.

I found out the whole time, the reason I didn't have iron was due to the scaracy of my minerals being somewhat high...

Man I feel like an idiot. Oh well. Back to work on fixing some sprites. Shows what happens if you live under a rock for too long. :P

« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 12:16:39 am by Totaku »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33